Yamaha Black 7.2 Channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver, Model RX-V677BL
7.2-channel Wi-Fi built-In high performance network AV receiver. Supports the latest HDMI® version, 4K Ultra HD upscaling, AirPlay® and HTC Connect™. YPAO™ R.S.C. and YPAO™ Volume ensure optimum system sound quality and balance. Multi-zone operation allows
- 7-channel powerful surround sound
- 105 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 90 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- HDMI® (6 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD upscaling, 3D, Audio Return Channel and MHL® support
- The latest HDMI version support for 4K Ultra HD 50 / 60p input
- AirPlay®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio music streaming service and AV Controller App
- HTC Connect for music streaming from HTC Connect compatible smartphones
- HDMI input on front panel, USB digital connection for iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®
- FLAC, WAV 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback and gapless playback compatibility
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with five speakers in front
- YPAO™ Reflected Sound Control sound optimization for automatic speaker set up
- YPAO Volume to ensure natural sounds even at low volume
- Multi-zone audio support (Zone 2)
- Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals
- Advanced GUI on-screen display with (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percent less power consumption
Wi-Fi Built-in and Wireless Direct Compatible for Easy Set Up
Wi-Fi built-in capability allows wireless connection with your household wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections to enjoy network audio and music streaming services. If no Wi-Fi router is available, the unique Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via AV Controller App's Music Play feature, Apple® AirPlay®, etc., but also control your receiver using the AV Controller App.
4K Ultra HD Pass-through and Upscaling, Latest HDMI Version
This AV receiver's HDMI input / output supports 4K Ultra HD video image pass-through. It also can perform 4K Ultra HD upscaling to boost a lower resolution image to super high definition resolution. This ensures compatibility with the latest super high resolution video formats. The latest version of HDMI supports 4K Ultra HD 50 / 60p input for expanding super high definition resolution 4K Ultra HD broadcasting.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet radio, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio and operate your system via WebBrowser Control. The AV Controller App (from iTunes® or Google Play) lets you control various functions from your iPod®, iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ phones / tablets.
AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to AV Receiver
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch®, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac® or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name, as well as album art^1 via the AV receiver's on-screen display.
Stream Millions of Songs with Spotify Connect
With the Spotify app^2 on your smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those songs to your Yamaha system by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AVR—like magic, you enjoy uninterrupted music. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.
HTC Connect for Wireless Streaming
HTC Connect lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly. You don't need a separate app because HTC Connect is built right into your HTC phone. Simply swiping the HTC phone screen starts music output to the AV receiver, from the HTC device's local music sources or third party music sources.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes or Google Play to control power on / off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. You can also use in as many as 23^3 different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod / iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod / iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod / iPhone music playback functions.
MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) Support for High Quality Video and Audio
MHL provides easy, direct connection of compatible mobile phones and this AV receiver. Playback of up to 1080p video and multichannel audio from the phones is supported. The receiver also charges the connected phone. Play, stop and other basic operations can be controlled from the remote control.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 7-channel Surround Sound with High Quality and Resolution
The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature lets you place two surround speakers and a center speaker at the front to enjoy virtual 7-channel surround sound with even higher quality and resolution, as well as superior rear virtual sound localization. Adding two additional front presence speakers provides a three-dimensional sound field that gives you a feeling of its height and depth and of the vertical movement of the sound. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
Extra Bass Provides Rich Bass Reproduction, Even with Small Speakers
Yamaha's exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
YPAO - Reflected Sound Control Sound Optimization
YPAO R.S.C. analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
YPAO Volume to Ensure Natural Sounds Even at Low Volume
Human ears have less sensitivity to high and low frequencies, especially at lower volumes. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimized to your system settings and listening environment.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speakers
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers three-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
DSP Parameter Adjustment for Easy Detailed Setting
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize Yamaha's original DSP technology. They allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls in your room and enjoy natural stereoscopic sound fields. Now you can use the AV Controller App to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music / movie or the mood you want to achieve. There are two modes, basic and advanced, that you can choose according to the type of adjustments you want to do.
Gapless Playback Compatibility Allows Play without Interruption^4
Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Intelligent Amp Assign
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there’s no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver—one more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier.
Total Purity Concept for the Finest Sound Quality
The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. All models have a fully discrete power amplifier that helps to minimize distortion. They also adopt independent pure power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heatsinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Subwoofer Trim Control for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
SCENE for One-touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for Natural Dialogue and Vocals
Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed Virtual Dialogue Lift achieves Dialogue Lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening.
Advanced Multilingual GUI On-screen Display
Yamaha’ s latest graphical user interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
ECO Mode Lowers Power Consumption by 20 Percent^5
Yamaha's new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20 percent. It can be set from the top of the GUI menu.
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 105 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 90 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 125 / 165 / 190 / 235 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA: Yes
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT: Yes
- Extra Bass: Yes
- Dialogue Level Adjustment: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes (R.S.C.)
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- YPAO Volume: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through: Yes
- HDMI 3D pass-through: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling: Yes (latest HDMI version for 4K Ultra HD 50 / 60p)
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- HDMI Input/Output: 6 (1 front) / 1
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, device control)
- USB Input: iPod® / iPhone®, USB memory, portable audio player
- Front AV Input: HDMI (MHL support) / USB / Composite
- Network Port: Yes
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 5 / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (1 front) / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer (2 x mono)
- Headphone Output: 1
- DC Out: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- MHL Support: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android™ phone / tablet)
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Line output
- Powered Zone: Zone 2
- +12V Trigger Output: 1
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 1 / 1
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.15 W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Height: 6.75"
- Width: 17.125"
- Depth: 12.375"
- Height: 9.25"
- Width: 17.125"
- Depth: 14.875"
- Unit: 22.1 lbs
- Shipping: 25 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details
- Some models don't support album art display.
- The Spotify app and premium account are required. Visit spotify.com for more details.
- As of spring 2014
- Compatible with WAV, FLAC and ALAC file formats, and input from USB / PC / NAS.
- Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).