Garmin zumo 590LM GPS Motorcycle Navigator, Model 010-01232-01
- 5” dual-orientation, sunlight-readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Hands-free phone control and spoken directions heard in-helmet via Bluetooth® technology¹
- MP3 player; control iPod® and Pandora®² right on the display
- Monitor motorcycle tire pressure on the zûmo 590LM display with the TPMS accessory (Metal valve stems only)³
- Rugged; withstands fuel vapors, UV rays and harsh weather (IPX7 water rating)*
- A Great View of the Road
zûmo 590LM has a big, bright 5.0 inch touchscreen display that is easy to read, even in sunlight. With dual-orientation, you can position the navigator horizontally, for a wider view, or vertically, to see more of the route ahead. And, thanks to its high-sensitivity, glove-friendly, intuitive interface, entering information is as easy as shifting gears.
- The Power of Bluetooth
zûmo 590LM features Bluetooth wireless technology. With it, you’re free to talk on your phone without having to remove your gloves or helmet. Simply connect zûmo to your cell phone and a Bluetooth-enabled headset or helmet to make and receive calls. You can also call points of interest through the zûmo Bluetooth interface — perfect for last-minute change of plans or a quick stop for food and fuel.
Focus on the road by following spoken street names and navigation commands. zûmo 590LM can transmit voice prompts to your Bluetooth headset or helmet. Garmin Real Directions™ guide like a friend, using landmarks and traffic lights, rather than hard-to-read street names.
- Music and Media
Ride to the beat of your own rhythm. zûmo 590LM includes an MP3 player and is compatible with iPod, iPhone® and Pandora², so you can conveniently control your music through its display.
- Easily Monitor Tire Pressure
zûmo 590LM is compatible with our integrated Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor accessory³ (sold separately). Add a TPMS sensor for each tire and easily monitor the pressure using your zûmo display.
- Tough and Road-ready
With a rugged design that is resistant to fuel sprays, UV rays and harsh weather, zûmo 590LM is built for life on the road. zûmo is thoroughly vibration- and drop-tested to withstand just about anything you can ride through.
- Ride Smarter with Your Smartphone
What’s happening on the road ahead? zûmo 590LM can connect you to live weather radar and traffic information via the Smartphone Link4 app (subscription required).
- Lifetime Map Updates
zûmo 590LM includes free map updates5 for the useful life of your device, so your routes reflect the most up-to-date POI, roads and navigation information available from Garmin.
- Find Your Perfect Route
Looking for a twisty ride? zûmo 590LM features Curvy Roads routing that navigates to winding rides. Round trip routing can plan your ride, according to time, distance or location. Just type in your requirements and let zûmo take care of the rest.
- Service History Log
Tire mileage, tire changes, tire pressure, chain cleanings, oil changes, new spark plugs: let zûmo 590LM keep track of it all. Use the included Service History Log to record date, mileage and performed maintenance.
- Search Field
Easily find addresses and millions of POI. Just type what you’re looking for into the Search Field.
- Navigate Complex Interchanged with Ease
Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts prepares you to ride through an exit or interchange with confidence. As you approach, an animated model uses brightly colored arrows to indicate the proper lane needed for your route; a friendly voice offers additional help. Bird’s Eye junction view offers a detailed view of interchanges, looking down as if from overhead. photoReal junction view realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape. Brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane to ride.
- More Information at a Glance
zûmo 590LM displays speed limit, current speed and time of arrival. With a quick glance, you can read the name of your current street. As you drive, you can easily see places Up Ahead – like fuel, food and ATMs – without leaving the map.
- Especially for Off-road Adventures
zûmo 590LM supports TOPO and custom maps, so you have the freedom to download and follow your own adventure (additional mapping sold separately). zûmo 590LM depicts 3-D terrain so you know what to expect as you ride through the landscape. With TracBack®, you can navigate right back to where you started, along the same route.
zûmo 590LM has a built-in trip computer with compass display. zûmo 590LM comes standard with a digital fuel gauge so you can estimate how many miles you can ride before a fuel stop. A speed limit indicator lets you know when it’s time to throttle down. zûmo 590LM is powered by a removable battery. Swap with a backup and you can keep on riding. In addition to a motorcycle mount, zûmo 590LM includes an automotive mount and power cable for use in a car.
- VIRB Compatible
zûmo 590LM is compatible with our VIRB action cameras (sold separately). Control VIRB using your zûmo display and you can easily record and relive every ride.
Physical & Performance
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Water rating: IPX7
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: Yes
- nüMaps Guarantee: Yes
- 3-D terrain view: Yes
- 3-D buildings and landmarks view: No
- Built-in memory: Internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: MicroSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
Save Time & Money
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): Yes (Using included mount)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."):
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- myTrends (predicts your routes): Yes
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): Yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
Safe Navigations Features
- Bluetooth® wireless technology: Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the
U.S. and Europe): Yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest
address & intersection): Yes
- View upcoming points of interest along route: Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device):
- MP3 player: Yes
- Trip Planner: Yes
- Trip Log: Yes
- Tire pressure monitor system: Yes, will support up to 4 tires; individual sensors sold separately
- Curvy Roads routing: Yes
- Dual orientation display: Yes
- Round Trip: Yes
- Service History Log: Yes
- VIRB Control: Yes
- Track Support: Yes
- Custom Map Support: Yes
- TOPO Map Support: Yes
- Pandora Support: Yes (with compatible phone)
- Removable Battery: Yes
- Up Ahead: Yes
- Power supplied to device power cable should be capable of up 12 V (typical)
and up to 1 A. zumo device power consumption is 5 V; 2 A.
- This USB device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4
In the Box:
- zumo 590LM
- Lifetime maps (indicated by "LM" after model number on the box)
- Battery pack
- Motorcycle mount and hardware
- Motorcycle power cable
- Automotive suction cup mount
- Automotive power cable
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
Package contents may vary per version.
- Width: 5.12"
- Height: 3.7"
- Depth: 1.18"
- Width: 4.25"
- Height: 2.55"
- Unit: 0.825 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Sold separately
- Music and Media control work with iPhone® 3GS or later, and some iPod® devices. Pandora® works with iPhone® 3GS or later and some Android™ devices. Pandora is currently available in the United States, Australia and New Zealand.
- Sold separately. The system works with up to 4 tires in any configuration, additional purchase required for each wheel. Metal valve stems only. Not intended for automotive use.
- User’s data plan charges, if any, will apply. Subscription required.
- Please Garmin's website for Lifetime Maps Terms & Conditions
- * Definition: Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Suitable Activities: Indoor/outdoor use in the presence of rain, snow or brief splashes of water. Unsuitable Activities: Any sustained immersion.