Onkyo 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver - TX-NR737
Step up to THX-certified surround sound with the TX-NR737—the most potent and future-ready A/V receiver in its class. With a high— current massive transformer, discrete Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry amplification, and extremely robust construction, this heavyweight serves up floorshaking theater-reference sound. There are 4K/60 Hz-capable HDMI® inputs for Ultra HD gaming and video at 60 fps, as well as support for HDCP 2.2. As most Hollywood movie studios are adopting HDCP 2.2 copy protection for future Full HD and 4K releases (including content streamed via the internet), this is a highly desirable feature. Also included is Qdeo™ 4K upscaling technology so you can enjoy older DVDs and games in high resolution. Music lovers can choose from a selection of internet music services and stream almost any 192/24 hi-res, lossless, or compressed file format (including 5.6 MHz DSD) from compatible network- attached devices using built-in Wi-Fi® and our free remote app. Bluetooth is also built-in. Combining these features with class-leading sound quality and an easy-to-use GUI, the TX-NR737 delivers powerful studio-master entertainment at an affordable price
- THX Select2 Plus Delivers Reference-Level Sound in Your Home -
- Hear Movies Precisely As the Director Intended
- THX certification guarantees the same high-volume, low-distortion sound of a commercial multiplex theater in your own listening space, with high-resolution studio-master soundtracks reproduced precisely as the director intended.
- The TX-NR737 Network A/V Receiver has passed more than 2,000 laboratory bench tests across 75 categories and covering 14,000 individual data points to ensure that every aspect of audio performance meets rigorous THX standards for theater-reference sound.
- THX Select2 Plus is recommended for medium-sized rooms where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is about 3–4 m (10–12 ft.).
- Customized Audio Parts for Supremely Good Sound -
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) is based on high-current, low-impedance architecture. High instantaneous current realizes ultimate control of the speaker drivers for accurate and musical audio reproduction, from the most delicate piano passages the thunderous roar of an orchestra in full flight.
- High current better handles impedance fluctuations from the speakers (which can dramatically increase the load on the receiver), while ensuring there is always enough power to respond instantly to dynamic gains in movie soundtracks and music.
- To achieve best-in-class current delivery, the TX-NR737 is built around a custom high-output transformer, extra-large customized capacitors, and low impedance copper bus-plates. Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry amplifiers feature a discrete low-impedance output stage with high-current transistors for instantaneous power and extremely low distortion. And unlike some A/V receivers, the audio and video processors, DAC section, networking, pre-amp, amplifiers, and power supply are all separated to minimize electrical interference (noise) on audio signals.
- The culmination of over 60 years' audio engineering experience, WRAT preserves the life and character of the master recording while guaranteeing an emotionally moving experience whether you're listening to compressed digital music, a treasured LP, or a hi-res movie soundtrack.
- HDMI for 4K Video at 60 fps and HDCP 2.2 Compatibility-
- Ready for Next-Generation Ultra HD Entertainment
- Five of the receiver's seven HDMI inputs are based on the latest HDMI specification to support 4K video at 50/60 frames per second and 21:9 aspect ratio for theater-reference movie display. Now you can add thunderous 7.2-channel surround-sound to blockbuster 4K 50/60 Hz games and movies for breathtakingly realistic entertainment experience. These next-generation HDMI inputs ensure maximum display quality from a wide range of high-definition media sources, including future Ultra HD 50/60Hz broadcasting and internet streaming.
- The TX-NR737 also supports the latest HDCP 2.2 DRM copy protection standard via HDMI Input 3 and the main output. Hollywood studios, satellite broadcasters, and internet video streaming services will adopt HDCP 2.2 for future 4K and Premium Studio Content releases. It's essential your A/V receiver have HDCP 2.2 compatibility to view Ultra HD content via internet streaming services and future TV broadcasts. Onkyo is one of the very few A/V receiver brands to currently support this feature.
- The TX-NR737 also includes industry-leading Qdeo 4K video upscaling technology, which smoothly upscales low-resolution video from legacy game consoles, DVDs, and broadcast television to liquid-smooth 1080p (for a Full HD display) or 4K on a compatible Ultra HD display. Even if you're not planning on immediately upgrading to a 4K display, it's still good to know your receiver is ready. In fact, the TX-NR737 is the most future-ready A/V receiver on the market today.
- Unparalleled Processing Power for High-Resolution Audio -
- Most conventional A/V receivers use just one Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to decode digital audio. The Onkyo TX-NR737 doubles the power with two 32-bit processing engines handling multichannel studio-master soundtracks along with a large variety of hi-res audio files, including 5.6 MHz DSD (the same format used for Super Audio CD). The dual DSP engines are super-efficient at decoding these complex files so you can enjoy effortlessly smooth high-resolution playback.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Inside -
- Universal Support for Wireless Audio Streaming
- The TX-NR737 has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology built in. For network audio, use the remote app to stream music stored on your smartphone and to locate and stream hi-res audio from any network-attached DLNA-certified device (such as a PC or NAS). There are no hidden adapter costs, no need for close proximity to an Ethernet wall socket, and no long runs of unsightly cable just to enjoy a stable network connection.
- The receiver also has Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR on board. Pair up and stream whatever audio is playing on your compatible device, from MP3s to albums on YouTube. Audio streamed via Bluetooth is enhanced with Onkyo's Advanced Music Optimizer, a DSP mode that restores compressed files to close to their original fidelity for beautifully full and natural sound.
- Engineered to Make Hi-res Audio for Everyone -
- Onkyo A/V receivers are engineered for universal hi-res compatibility and ease of use. It's now remarkably easy to enjoy albums mastered in high-resolution that you've downloaded and stored on your computer or media server. The remote app very quickly locates the 192/24 and 96/24 high-resolution audio files on your network-attached storage devices and sends them via DLNA to the receiver with zero loss in quality. Almost every hi-res and lossless format is supported, from gapless FLAC and WAV to ALAC and WMA.
- The TX-NR737 also handles 5.6 MHz DSD and Dolby® TrueHD formats for the ultimate in depth and clarity. With surpassing DSP power, high-quality TI Burr-Brown D/A conversion, and Onkyo's low-distortion amplification, hi-res music on your home theater is not only easy to enjoy, it sounds absolutely fantastic.
- AccuEQ Room Calibration -
- Effective Correction for Dynamic Multichannel and Stereo Sound
- Onkyo developed AccuEQ to simplify the initial home theater setup process, and to make both surround-sound and two-channel audio sound clean and clear in your listening space.
- To showcase the unique acoustical characteristics of your front loudspeakers, AccuEQ bypasses the front two channels so you can enjoy authentic hi-fi audio quality for stereo music, with no DSP correction applied.
- Instead, the included microphone measures the distances, crossovers, and output levels of the surround and center speakers from one easy listening position, which speeds up and simplifies the calibration process. With room correction complete, you can enjoy perfect clarity and three-dimensional cohesion when playing multichannel movie soundtracks, and natural high-fidelity performance for stereo listening.
- Rediscover Your LP Collection -
- The TX-NR737 was also designed with analog lovers in mind. Unlike most A/V receivers in this category, we include a high-quality moving-magnet phono equalizer to enable turntable connection via the rear input . Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry high-current amplification brings out the warmth and dynamism of your records. Whether you're a long-time collector or just starting out in the hobby, the TX-NR737 will surprise and delight with authentic high-fidelity sound.
- Control Audio in Up to Three Rooms via Remote App -
- Multi-Zone Audio and Front Channel Bi-Amping Capability
- Dedicated Zone 2 speaker terminals can power audio in another room equipped with a pair of stereo speakers, while line-level outputs for Zone 2/3 allow you to send audio to a power amp and speakers in a third zone. Use your smartphone or tablet to play music simultaneously in every zone with the convenient one-touch Whole House Mode, or play a different source in each room.
- You can also assign the Surround Back channels to bi-amp your compatible front loudspeakers, while two parallel subwoofer outputs enable the connection of a second subwoofer for balanced and powerful bass sound.
- # Channels: 7.2
- Power Watts/Ch (6ohms 1kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC): 125, 0.7% THD
- Power Watts/Ch (8ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven,): 110, 0.08% THD
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology): Yes
- H.C.P.S (High Currect Power Supply): Yes (Massive High Power Transformer)
- THX Certified: Select2 Plus
- Continuous 6ohms Rated: Yes
- Certified 4ohms Performance: Yes
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry: Yes
- 3-Stage Inerted Darlington Circuitry: Yes (All Channels)
- Independent Power Supply: 2
- 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine: Yes (Dual DSP for Powerful Advanced Processing)
- DOLBY Decoder: True HD, DD Plus, PLIIz
- DTS Decoder: DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby PLIIz: Yes
- ONKYO GAME Surround Modes: Yes (Rock, Sports, Action, RPG)
- THX Processing Mode: Yes
- AccuEQ Room Calibration: Yes (with Mic Included)
- Phase-Matching Basse Boost: Yes (for Deep Bass and Clear Mid-Range)
- Pure Mode: Yes
- Advanced Music Optimizer: Yes (Bluetooth Included)
- 192K/24 Bit DACs: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- Audio I/O: 6 / 0
- Phono Input: Yes
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX): 1 / 2
- Composite I/O: 3 / 1
- Component Video I/O: 1 /1
- Front Panel HDMI: Yes
- USB Input: Front
- HDMI I/O: 7 / 2
- 4K/60 Hz- Capable HDMI Terminals: Yes
- HDCP 2.2 Copy-Protection Compatibility: Yes (For Future 4K/Full HD Video Streaming and Broadcast)
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC: Yes
- HDMI Support for Deep Color x.cv. Color, LipSync: Yes
- HDMI Support for DVD-Audio, SACD, Multichannel PCM: Yes
- IntaPrevue Input Source Prevue: Yes
- MHL for Mobile Device Connection: Yes (Front HDMI)
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: Yes (from 480i/576i)
- 1080p Upscaling: Yes (Marvell Qdeo)
- 4K (up to 4096 x 2160) Upscaling:Yes (Marvell Qdeo)
- 4K Passthrough: Yes
- Analog Pre-Outs: Subwoofer (x2)
- Powered Zone2: Yes
- Zone 2 Line out: Yes (Fixed)
- Zone 2 Digital to Analog Audio Conversion: Yes (NET, USB)
- Zone 3 Line Out: Yes
- Whole House Mode: Yes
- iPod Ready:Yes (via optional DS-A5)
- Airplay Ready: Yes (via optional DS-A5)
- Supports Onkyo Remote App: Yes (iPod touch/iPhone and Android-Powered Devices)
- Internet Radio Capable: Yes (Pandora, Spotify, Sirius/XM, Slacker, Aupeo!, TuneIn)
- Streaming Audio From PC / Network: Yes (DLNA, Home Media)
- Streaming Audio supported Formats: (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC Stereo, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, Dolq)
- Streaming Audio From USB Memory: Yes
- Wireless Network: Yes (Wi-Fi Certified)
- Bluetooth: Yes (Built-in)
- Ehternet: Yes
- ONKYO-RI System Control: Yes
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI): Yes
- Learning Remote: Yes
- On Screen Remote Programming: Yes
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: Yes
- Hybrid Standby Function: Yes (to Reduce Power Consumption)
- Smart Grid-Ready: Yes
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/ Mic.: Yes (AccuEQ)
- OSD Out: Yes (Advanced "Home" GUI)
Amplifier Section - Power output
- All Channels:
- 110 W (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- 125 W (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7%, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Dynamic Power:
- 250 W (3 ohms, Front)
- 220 W (4 ohms, 1 Front)
- 130 W (8 ohms, Front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz-20 kHz, Half power)
- Damping Factor: 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance:
- 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
- 2.5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)
- Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance: 200 mV/2.2 k-ohms (Line out)
- Maximum RCA Output Level and Impedance: 2.0 V/2.2 k-ohms (Line Out)
- Phono Overload: 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz-100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Tone Control:
- ±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass)
- ±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- 106 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- 80 dB (Phono MM, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 ohms 16 ohms
Video Section - Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 ohms (Component)
- 0.7 Vp-p/75 ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 ohms (Composite)
- Component Video Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 MHz, -3dB
Tuner Section - Tuning Frequency Range
- FM: 87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz
- AM: 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
- FM/AM Preset Memory: 40 stations
- Power Supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 6.9 A
- No-Sound Power Consumption: 80 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.1 W
- Width: 17-1/8"
- Height: 6-7/8"
- Depth: 14-15/16"
- Unit: 25.4 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years