Samsung SMART 20.3 Megapixel Brown Digital Camera - EV-NX300ZBAVUS
- 20.3M APS Sensor Delivers High-Quality Images with Stunning Colors
- 1/6000 Shutter Speed Captures Pictures with Greater Clarity and Speed
- Share your Best Photos Instantly with Family and Friends with Built-in Wi-Fi
Share Life As It Happens
Fast and powerful, the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX300 allows you to quickly and perfectly capture spontaneous, even magical moments throughout your day. High performance made portable—the on-the-go photographer never had it this good. The NX300 features a new, ultra-sensitive 20.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor and an advanced hybrid autofocus system for delivering detailed images that obliterate the line between professional and enthusiast. And thanks to its 1/6000 shutter speed, you can keep up with the action—any action—and precisely capture a fast-paced moment you would otherwise miss.
Taking the Sensor to the Next Level: Advanced 20.3M APS-C CMOS Sensor
Worthy of professional photographers, but made for the enthusiast, the 20.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor—now with Phase detection AF—delivers high-quality images and lifelike colors with the highest resolution in its class. It’s also ideal for out-focusing photography, thanks to a sensor that’s the largest used in a mirrorless camera. The sensor, which measures 23.5mm x 15.7mm, collects the most light so you can create beautiful images without noise, even in low-lit situations.
Advanced Hybrid AF System
The Hybrid AF (autofocus) system combines Phase detection AF and Contrast AF for faster and more accurate autofocusing. Phase detection AF nearly instantaneously determines the distance of your subject, while Contrast AF fine-tunes the focus for maximum contrast. Enabled by an incredibly short shutter lag, the Hybrid AF System allows you to shoot accurate, sharply detailed images faster.
8.6fps Continuous Shooting
When you’re shooting fast-moving action such as a tennis player stretching for a shot at the net, you’ll effortlessly capture the entire sequence with a series of brilliantly clear stills. The NX300 lets you shoot continuously at an ultra-fast rate of 8.6 frames per second to ensure you get the shot you want. The advanced autofocus system brings crystal clarity to fast-moving subjects, and a short shutter release lag helps you capture the fleeting moment before the subject moves out of frame.
1/6000s Super Speed Shutter
You have a split second to take the shot your family will be talking about for generations. Take it with the NX300, which boasts a shutter speed of 1/6000s, the fastest in its class. With that kind of shutter speed—and the fast autofocus system—you can capture a skater whipping by or a snowboarder in midair, without a hint of motion blur.
Smart Camera 2.0 (Dual Band WiFi)
Connect to your world—and to your smart devices. A dedicated Direct Link hot key lets you quickly and wirelessly send images to a mobile phone, tablet, PC or Smart HDTV—directly from your camera. It’s perfect for sharing moments with friends, family, and your favorite social networks. The Samsung NX300 also includes Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) support so you can connect faster and with more stability to wireless networks around you.
Simultaneously send every picture you take to your mobile phone via WiFi connection—to make backing up and sharing your high-quality photos super easy. Set up AutoShare once and the camera automatically saves every photo to your Smart Phone. It also uses the GPS in your Smart Phone to locate tag every photo.
Now you can select and send an image or album directly to an Android smartphone, iPhone or tablet with the Samsung MobileLink. You don’t even have to send the image as a text message or as an email. With MobileLink, you can control the album on your phone and the changes will be saved to your camera too.
Control your camera by using your smartphone as the viewfinder. Remote Viewfinder lets you preview images, adjust the camera settings, zoom in and out and frame each scene—all from your phone, wirelessly. This feature is available for select smartphones.
AllShare Play lets you connect to all devices that support AllShare Play. You can wirelessly stream photos and videos from your camera to nearby devices to share with friends and family at once, or simply upload to Web Storage instantly for easy management. Enjoy the freedom of sharing with AllShare Play!
Samsung SMART CAMERA App
Download the Samsung SMART CAMERA App which features Remote Viewfinder, AutoShare, and MobileLink—without having to download each app individually. Rather than launching the apps one at a time on your smartphone, you can open all three apps at once, with the touch of a finger.
With Cloud, you’ll never run out of room in your memory card or lose valuable pictures, even on the go. Wirelessly save images to a cloud service such as Microsoft Skydrive or a regional cloud provider, then view them anytime on your smartphone, tablet or download them to your PC later.
Social Sharing & Email
You can instantly email or post must-see images and videos to your favorite social networks. Just select and upload wherever you have a WiFi connection, and then add tags and comments. Share with your blogger followers, or post to Facebook, Picasa or YouTube—and many more social networks.
Wirelessly transfer photos and movies to your PC or Mac. Simply choose AutoBackup and you're all set. All your photos and videos are transferred wirelessly and safely stored onto your computer. Feel free to delete photos from your camera knowing there's a duplicate set on your computer.
Software Upgrade Notifier
When a firmware update is available for the Samsung SMART CAMERA and you connect to a WiFi network, a notification window will pop up on the camera’s screen. Connect your camera to your PC for the upgrade, and start using the latest features without delay.
Hybrid UI (Touch & 5 Way Key) Variation
The NX300 offers multiple options, even for navigating the menu on the 3.31"(84.0mm) WVGA screen. The intuitive Hybrid Touch User Interface combines a 5-way button with a touchscreen so you can quickly select menu options to apply effects, share images, input text, and more. Whether you’re tapping the screen or moving the cursor around, everything you do is easier and faster.
Retro Modern Design
Taking its cues from the simplicity of vintage camera design and from state-of-the-art innovation, the design of the NX300 impresses with elegant, flowing lines and a luxuriously textured feel. It’s crafted from sturdy metal, yet is compact and lightweight for easy on-the-go shooting. Sharp edging presents a sleek silhouette when viewed from above, while an ergonomic design ensures a safe and steady grip.
3.31" AMOLED Tilt Display
See—and capture—the world differently. The 3.31"(84.0mm) AMOLED Tilt Display flips up 90º and down 45°. So now you can easily frame and capture a low-angle image without having to awkwardly contort your body or lie on the ground. You can also hold the camera over a crowd for a high-angle shot and see exactly what you’re getting. Shooting from a variety of angles can also make for more exciting photo albums.
DRIMe IV New Image Engine
Powered by Samsung’s next-generation DSP imaging engine, the DRIMe IV image processor accurately captures the special moments in your life. It’s faster than its predecessor for improved overall performance, including superior color reproduction and noise reduction. Whether you’re shooting 2D or 3D, this powerful engine ensures you’ll treasure your memories—with enhanced Full HD movie quality—for the rest of your life.
True 3D Creator (World’s First One Lens System) – 3D Still / Movie Capture Capability (45mm 2D/3D Lens only)
Make vacation stills and videos pop off the screen with True 3D Creator. Featuring the world’s first single lens system for capturing 2D and 3D images, the NX300 is also the only interchangeable-lens camera that lets you shoot stills and movies in 3D via Samsung 45mm 2D/3D lens. When you’re done shooting, let your friends back home feel as if they were there with you, by showing off your stunningly vivid adventures on a compatible 3D HDTV. It can also make for more exciting photo albums.
Full HD Movie (1080 / 60p)
The NX300 may not look like a camcorder, but it capably captures Full HD 1080/60P video. With uncompromising performance bolstered by an 18-200mm lens and wide zoom capability, the NX300 delivers smooth, professional-looking videos that play well on your HDTV. When you’re ready for showtime, an HDMI interface lets you transmit your vision straight to the big screen.
Minimum Noise and Blurring
Capturing natural-looking images indoors, or outside at night, can require a higher ISO than most cameras allow. The NX300 lets you shoot up to ISO 25600 making it twice as sensitive to light as the previous model—so you can snap high-speed photos with minimal noise and blurring, even in low light.
Pick the Perfect Setting
Tap Smart Mode to access a variety of settings that help you get the perfect shot every time—even if you’re not a pro. Capture a high-speed scene with Sports Capture, or let Rich Tone create extraordinarily surrealistic photos with colors that pop. Just choose the mode you want and shoot perfection.
Apply the Right Effects
Instantly add emotional impact to your images without stopping to figure out which mode to use. Creative Shot automatically analyzes the scene when you take the shot, and prepares the appropriate effects. So a happy face beams a little brighter, and a sunset glows with a touch more orange.
Be Creative With Your Photos
Boost creative fun with the Smart Filter–right on the display! Cartoon filter makes any photo look like an animated film scene while Cross Filter makes light sources appear to have several points of light, like stars. There’s also Ink Painting, Half-Tone Dot and more ways for you to express your creative side.
Easily Connect to Other Devices
Just one HDMI code is all it takes to connect your Camera/Camcorder directly into your TV, computer or DVD player. With Camera/Camcorder, making professional quality videos is just as easy as sharing them.
- Color Black
- Camera Type Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens
- Effective Pixel Approx 20.3 MP
- Total Pixel Approx 21.6 MP
- Image Sensor Type CMOS - 23.5x15.7mm
- Digital Zoom i-Zoom (x1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0)
- Mount Samsung NX
- Usable Lens Samsung Lenses for Samsung NX Mount
- Auto:1/6000sec. ~ 30sec.
- Manual:1/6000sec. ~ 30sec. (1/3EV step) Bulb ( Limit time : 4min. )
- Modes Smart Auto, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, Lens Priority
- Compensation ±3 EV (1/3EV step)
- Control Smart Auto, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, Lens Priority
- ISO Equivalent Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600 (1 or 1/3EV step) * AUTO ISO upper level is selectable. (Up to ISO1600)
- Metering System TTL 221(17x13) Block Segment Metering: Multi, Center-weighted, Spot Metering Range: EV 0-18 (ISO 100 · 30mm, F2)
- Modes Single AF, Continuous AF, MF, Touch AF&Shutter
- Range Depends on Lens
- Drive Modes Single, Continuous, Burst (5M size only), Self-timer, Bracket (AE/WB/PW)
- Modes Single, Continuous, Burst (5M size only), Self-timer, Bracket (AE/WB/PW)
- RAW Format Shooting Yes
- Full Manual Controls Yes
- Field of View Approx 100 %
- Main LCD Screen AMOLED with Touch (C-type Touch Control Enabled) and Tilt (Up 90°, Down 45°)
- Resolution WVGA (800 X 480) 768k dots (Pentile)
- Technology AOMLED
- Edit Still Image Capture, Time Trimming
- Picture Effects Vignetting, Minature, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Wash Drawing, Oil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Acryl, Negative, Selective Color (R/G/B/Y 4 Colors) (1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x480, 320x240 )
- Recording With Audio or without Audio
- HD Movie 60fps, 30fps, 24fps(1920x810 Only) (* 3D - 30fps Only)
- Movie Clip User selectable, recording time up to 29 minutes 59 seconds.
- 720p / H.264 Movie Requirements MP4 (H.264)
- Resolution 1920x1080, 1920x810, 1280x720 , 640x480, 320x240 for Sharing
- Compatible Video Files Movie : H.264 , Sound : AAC
- Video, Streaming Over HDMI Only
- Modes Smart Flash, Auto, Auto+Red-eye reduction, Fill-in, Fill-in+Red-eye reduction, 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain, Off
- Sync. Speed Less than 1/180sec.
- Range GN8
- Accessory SEF-8A (included)
- Optical Image Stabilization Depends on Lens
- Smart Auto Yes
- Smart Filter Yes
- Smart Filter (Movie) Yes
- Smart Filter (Still Image) Yes
- Smart Album Yes
- Smart Range Yes
- Smart Gesture UI Yes
- Smart Face Recognition Yes
- Smart Crop Yes
- Smart Movie Yes
- Picture Wizard Yes
- Photo Style Selector Yes
- Perfect Portrait System Yes
- i-Effect i-Depth
- i-Zoom i-Zoom (x1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0)
- Dust Reduction Supersonic Drive
- Modes Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent (W, N, D), Tungsten, Flash, Custom, K (Manual)
- File Format JPEG or Raw
- Image Size JPEG (3:2): 20.0M (5472 x 3648), 10.1M (3888 x 2592), 5.9M (2976 x 1984), 2.0M (1728 x 1152), 5.0M (2736 x 1824): Burst mode only JPEG (16:9): 16.9M (5472 x 3080), 7.8M (3712 x 2088), 4.9M (2944 x 1656), 2.1M(1920x1080) JPEG (1:1):13.3M (3648x3648), 7.0M (2640x2640), 4.0M (2000x2000), 1.1M (1024x1024) RAW : 20.0M (5472x3648) * 3D Lens Image Size : JPEG (16:9) 4.1M (2688x1512), (16:9) 2.1M (1920x1080)
- Media SD, SDHC, SDXC, UHS-1 Support
- Edit Smart Filter, Red-eye fix, Backlight., Resize, Rotate, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast
- Picture Effects Vignetting, Minature, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Wash Drawing, Oil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Acryl, Negative, Selective Color (R/G/B/Y 4 Colors)
- Shooting i-Depth, i-Zoom (x1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0)
- Digital Filter Vignetting, Minature, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Wash Drawing, Oil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Acryl, Negative, Selective Color (R/G/B/Y 4 Colors)
- Editing Smart Filter, Red-Eye Fix, Backlight., Resize, Rotate, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast
- Microphone Stereo
- Speaker Mono
- WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n support Dual Channel . AutoShare . Cloud . Email . Auto Backup . Remote Viewfinder . Mobile Link . Wi-Fi Direct . AllSharePlay . Social Sharing
- DLNA Networking Yes
- GPS Geo-tagging w/ Optional GPS Module (WGS84)
Inputs & Outputs
- AV Out HDMI Only
- HDMI NTSC, PAL HDMI 1.4a
- USB 2.0 Yes
- Video Out NTSC, PAL HDMI 1.4a
- DC Power Unit DC 5.0V, 1A via Micro USB port
- Power Source Rechargeable battery: BP1130 (1130mAh)
- Battery 160 min / 320 shots (CIPA Standard)
PC with processor better than Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz or higher Minimum 512MB RAM (Over 1GB recommended) Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7 / 8 250MB of available hard-disk space (Over 1GB recommend) USB 2.0 port CD-ROM drive nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT or later / Ati X1600 series or later 1024×768 pixels, 16-bit color display compatible monitor (1280x1024, 32-bit color display recommended) Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
Mac OS 10.5 or higher Minimum 256MB RAM Minimum 110MB of available hard-disk space USB port CD-ROM drive
- Supported Languages
29 Languages (Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norsk, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Serbian, Croatian)
- Operating System Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7 / 8 Or Mac OS 10.5 or higher
- Width: 4.8"
- Height: 2.51"
- Depth: 1.6"
- Unit: 0.62 lbs (without battery and memory card)
- Shipping: 3 lbs