Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre Wenge 2-Way Center Channel Speaker - CMCCWG
The two-way CM Centre features two 130mm Kevlar® cone drivers handling the midrange and the bass, while a Nautilus tube-loaded aluminium dome tweeter keeps high frequencies crisp.
- Sleek, compact and more than equipped for the detail and nuances that movie sound demands, the CM Centre is the perfect centre channel speaker for a small to medium-sized home theatre system featuring CM Series speakers. The two-way speaker features two 130mm Kevlar® cone drivers handling the midrange and the bass, while a Nautilus tube-loaded aluminium dome tweeter keeps high frequencies crisp and sharp all the way up to 50kHz and beyond.
- The quality of CM Series drive units has made it possible to use minimalist crossovers throughout the whole range. The resulting gentle transition between drivers avoids the unnaturally rapid changes in dispersion that bedevil more complex designs, while the high quality components, carefully chosen after exhaustive listening tests, ensure that as little as possible gets between you and the sound of the original recording.
- All CM Series speakers come with aluminium driver trims. Grilles attach magnetically, so there are no unsightly grille-mounting features to spoil the clean lines of the speaker’s façade. For the finish, you can choose either one of two real-wood veneers in Rosenut or Wengé, or a highly polished gloss black.
- Woven Kevlar: Yes
- Crossover Tuning: Yes
- Nautilus Tapering Tube: Yes
- Flowport: Yes
- Technical features:
- Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass/midrange
- Magnetic shielding
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency
- 2x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 55Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 20º arc
- Vertical: over 60º arc
- Sensitivity: 85dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 4.3Ω)
- Crossover frequency: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended amplifier power: 0.1Ω
- Cabinet Color: Wenge
- Grille Color: Black
- Unit: 25.5 lbs
- Shipping: 45 lbs
- Height: 6.6"
- Width: 18.9"
- Depth: 10.8" (including grille and terminals)