Denon 5.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver - AVR-S500BT
Prepared for the future, Denon's AVR-S500BT A/V receiver delivers best-in-class sonic performance and a host of features that includes compatibility with the latest HDMI 2.0 specification and future ultra-high definition video formats, including 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz frame rate content and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through for the ultimate viewing experience, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding for superb sonic fidelity.
And, thanks to our exclusive Denon Setup Assistant, you can quickly and easily customize the AVR-S500BT for your particular speakers and source components to ensure top audio performance.
With the AVR-S500BT's Bluetooth technology, you can wirelessly stream your favorite audio tracks from a broad range of Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as smartphones, tablets and portable audio players.
- Built-in Bluetooth
More and more portable devices are equipped with Bluetooth wireless streaming
capability, including smartphones, portable audio/video players and tablet
devices. With the AVR-S500BT's built-in Bluetooth streaming function, you
can wirelessly stream your favorite content without needing to purchase expensive
adaptors. Simply select the AVR-S500BT from your device's Bluetooth menu
to automatically turn on the receiver and start playing your music.
- Latest HDMI 2.0 Connectivity
With 5 HDMI inputs, the AVR-S500BT lets you connect multiple HDMI source
devices. The Blu-ray and Game inputs support HDMI 2.0 with 4K Ultra HD 60
Hz and 4:4:4 Pure Color video pass-through. The AVR-S500BT's video section
is also fully compatible with 3D content.
- Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
With Denon's exclusive on-screen Setup Assistant, along with the supplied
Quick Start guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system
quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics
and text that optimizes critical system settings for your particular home
During the automated setup process, the included measuring microphone determines
the right combination of optimum settings to deliver the best possible sound
quality from your particular speaker system.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs
For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the AVR-S500BT
features two subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed
in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which
helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional
single subwoofer speaker system.
- Discrete Amplification
The AVR-S500BT features a powerful Class AB power amplifier section equipped
with discrete high current power transistors, and is rated at a maximum of
140 watts per channel for each of the 5 channels.
- Color Coded Speaker Terminals
For quick and easy connections during setup, the AVR-S500BT features color
coded loudspeaker terminals, and the supplied color coded speaker cable labels
ensure the correct speaker hookups the very first time.
- Easy To Use Quick Select Functions
On the AVR-S500BT's front panel, you'll find 4 Quick Select buttons that let
you quickly choose from the most popular input sources, and the ergonomically
designed remote also includes Quick Select function buttons. With Quick Select,
the AVR-S500BT remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred
audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
- USB Connectivity
In addition to the many digital and analog audio and video connection options,
the AVR-S500BT also features a convenient front panel USB port that's compatible
with portable USB drives with MP3 and WMA audio tracks.
- Stylish Front Panel Design
The AVR-S500BT features a stylish and ergonomic front panel design, with our
new brushed hairline metalized finish, along with dual control knobs for volume
and input selection. The front panel graphical display features clear text
and easy to understand icons.
- Color Coded Speaker Terminals
For quick and easy connections during setup, the AVR-S500BT features color coded loudspeaker terminals, and the supplied color coded speaker cable labels ensure the correct speaker hookups the very first time.
- DTS HD Master / DTS ES / DTS 96/24: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max. Number of Processing (preamp) Channels: 5.1
- Discrete Power Amplifier: Yes
- Compressed Audio Restorer: Yes
- Audio DAC: 192kHz/24-bit
- Independent Power Supplies
- DSP Processor: Analog Devices 32-bit
- HDMI Inputs (front/back): 5/0
- HDMI Outputs (main/zone): 1/-
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- 3D Signal Pass-Through: Yes
- 4K Signal Pass-Through: Yes
- HDMI Pass-Though In Standby Mode: Yes
- Auto Speaker Setup By Microphone: Yes
- FL Display: 1 line
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Hybrid GUI
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Quick Select Plus: Yes
- Variable Crossover: Yes
- Optimized Bass Redirection: Yes
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 2/1
- AM/FM Tuner: Yes
- HDMI In / Out: 5/1
- Analog In / Out: 2/-
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 1/1
- Multichannel Pre Out: Yes (0.2)
- Subwoofer Out: Yes (2)
- Speaker Terminal: Spring Clip
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 5
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: Assignable
- Front Inputs: USB
- Number of Poweramps: 5
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 70W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 90W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 140W
- System Remote Control: RC-1189
- Power Consumption in Watts: 430
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO on / off) in W: 30W / 45W
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.1
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Height: 5.95"
- Width: 17.1"
- Depth: 13.4"
- Unit: 16.5 lbs
- Shipping: 22 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 2 years parts