Tamron SP 90MM F/2.8 Di Canon Macro Lens, Model AF272C700
The Classic "Portrait Macro"
Revered by many and epitomizing the prime lens benchmark. Exceptionally suited
for full-frame or APS-C applications.
- The Tamron SP designation is reserved for lenses developed with special
emphasis on extraordinary photographic performance. Engineers are free to
innovate in an uncommon atmosphere where optical performance comes before
price, resulting in lenses that satisfy the demands of discerning photographers.
- The SP 90mm F/2.8 Di enjoys enviable DNA from Tamron's original SP 90mm
F/2.8, further refined for the demands of high-resolution digital imaging.
Extraordinary 1:1 (life-size) close up capacity, combined with what many consider
an ideal portraiture focal length (when used on full-frame DSLR or 35mm SLR
cameras) this prime optic was nicknamed "the portrait macro." Equally at home
on APS-C DSLRs, rendering a picture angle equivalent of the 140mm lens on
a full-frame DSLR or 35mm SLR camera, photographers appreciate the resulting
increase in front element-to-subject distance and close-up photography. In
addition, this 135mm-like picture angle is well-suited for environmental portraiture.
Extraordinary sharpness, striking contrast and a remarkable absence of distortion
combine to produce images of exceptional caliber.
- Tamron Di lenses designed for digital SLR cameras.
- Super Performance for Discriminating Shooters
Tamron SP (Super Performance) series is a line of ultra-high-performance lenses
designed and manufactured to the exacting specifications demanded by professionals
and others who require the highest possible image quality. In creating SP
lenses Tamron’s optical designers put their foremost priority on achieving
superior performance parameters—they are all designed to a higher standard
with little regard for cost constraints. As a result, Tamron lenses bearing
the SP designation feature impressive and innovative designs that have established
an enviable reputation for excellence among those knowledgeable photographers
that demand the very best.
- Recommended for APS-C Photographers Who...
- Prize prime lens characteristics
- Avoid compromise in close-up performance
- Enjoy dual format versatility, enabling use of lenses on APS-C and full-frame
- Model: 272
- Lens Construction (Groups/Elements): 9/10
- Angle of View (diagonal): 27°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.4in.(0.29m)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:1
- Filter Diameter: ø55
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 9
- Accessory: Lens hood
- Mount: Canon, Nikon with Built-In Motor, Pentax, Sony A mount
- Length: 3.8"
- Diameter: 2.8"
- Unit: 14 oz
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 6 Year Limited