Generac Guardian 14kW With Whole House Switch Generator, Model 006241-0
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities
remain powered during an outage. This unit is powerful enough to backup a 4
or 5 ton air conditioner in addition to your home office, garage or additional
bedrooms or baths.
- Generac OHVI® Engine
Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without
utility power. Its OHVI® engine, specifically designed for generator use,
provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- Evolution™ Controller
The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line
LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home
Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18” from
the home’s exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows,
and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation
With an intelligent pre-wired transfer switch, re-engineered connection points,
and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete
base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 14 kW generator
is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure
In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 14 kW generator
can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5” of water column.
- All-Weather Steel Enclosure
Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, Galvanneal steel enclosure
perfect for all weather confitions. It’s also able to withstand 150 mph winds.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion
Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without
the need for any tools.
- True Power™ Technology
Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means
clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Mobile Link™ Compatible
Take advantage of Generac’s Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system
and check on your generator’s status using your computer, tablet or smartphone,
even when you are away. Sold separately.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
Power outages don’t always occur during normal working hours. That’s why Generac’s
customer care call center—right here in Wisconsin—provides support any time
of day or night, all year long. Generac is standing by 24/7, every minute
of every day, to answer your questions.
- Generac (OHVI) design
Maximizes engine “breathing” for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed
cylinder walls and plasma moly rings helps the engine run cooler, reducing
oil consumption resulting in longer engine life.
- “Spiny-lok” cast iron cylinder walls
Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance
These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system
Pressurized lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less
maintenance and longer engine life. Now featuring up to a 2 year/200 hour
oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system
Shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown
Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field
Allows for a smaller, light weight unit that operates 25% more efficiently
than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed stator
Produces a smooth output waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation
Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation
Regulates the output voltage to ±1% prevents damaging voltage spikes.
- UL 2200 listed
For your safety
- Fully automatic
Transfers your vital electrical loads to the energized source of power.
- DPM Technology (Smart Switch only)
Digital Power Management Technology allows for the smart control of two air
conditioners without any additional items.
- Remote mounting
Mounts near your existing distribution panel for simple, low-cost installation.
- Auto/Manual/Off illuminated buttons
Selects the operating mode and provides easy, at-a-glance status indication
in any condition.
- Sealed, raised buttons
Smooth, weather-resistant user interface for programming and operations.
- Utility voltage sensing
Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 60% dropout, 80% pick-up, of
- Generator voltage sensing
Constantly monitors generator voltage to ensure the cleanest power delivered
to the home.
- Utility interrupt delay
Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, adjustable 2-1500 seconds from
the factory default setting of 5 seconds by a qualified dealer.
- Engine warm-up
Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately 5 seconds.
- Engine cool-down
Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately 1 minute.
- Programmable seven day exerciser
Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying and damage between power outages
by running the generator for 12 minutes every week.
- Smart battery charger
Delivers charge to the battery only when needed at varying rates depending
on outdoor air temperature.
- Main line circuit breaker
Protects generator from overload.
- Electronic governor
Maintains constant 60 Hz frequency.
- SAE weather protective enclosure
Sound attenuated enclosure ensures quiet operation and protection against
mother nature, withstanding winds up to 150 mph. Hinged key locking roof panel
for security. Lift-out front for easy access to all routine maintenance items.
Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler
Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive
Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- 1 ft (305 mm) flexible fuel line connector
- Composite mounting pad
- Easy installation.
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 992 cc
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.9 qt/1.8 L
- Operating rpm: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas: ft³/hr (m³/hr)
- 1/2 Load: 177 (5.01)
- Full Load: 279 (7.9)
- Liquid Propane: ft3/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr]
- 1/2 Load: 67.2 (1.85) [6.99]
- Full Load: 111.6 (3.07) [11.61]
- Note: Fuel pipe must be sized for full load. Required fuel pressure
to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 3.5-7" water column (7-13 mm
mercury) for natural gas, 10-12" water column (19-22 mm mercury) for LP gas.
For Btu content, multiply ft3/hr x 2500 (LP) or ft3/hr x 1000 (NG). For Megajoule
content, multiply m³/hr x 93.15 (LP) or m³/hr x 37.26 (NG)
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 14,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 14,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts (LP/NG): 58.3/58.3
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 60 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 1.0
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator operating at normal
- 2-Line Plain Text Multilingual LCD Display: Simple user interface
for ease of operation.
- Mode Buttons:
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser.
- Manual: Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails,
transfer to load takes place.
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Ready to Run/Maintenance Messages: Standard
- Engine Run Hours Indication: Standard
- Programmable start delay between 2-1500 seconds: Standard (programmable
by dealer only)
- Utility Voltage Loss/Return to Utility Adjustable: From 140-171 V/190-216
- Future Set Capable Exerciser/Exercise Set Error Warning: Standard
- Run/Alarm/Maintenance Logs: 50 Events Each
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: 16 sec on, 7 rest (90 sec
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec after engine
- Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Charger Fault/Missing AC Warning: Standard
- Low Battery/Battery Problem Protection and Battery Condition Indication:
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection:
- Under-Frequency/Overload/Stepper Overcurrent Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused/Fuse Problem Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure/High Oil Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank/Overspeed (@ 72 Hz)/rpm Sense Loss Shutdown: Standard
- High Engine Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Internal Fault/Incorrect Wiring Protection: Standard
- Common External Fault Capability: Standard
- Field Upgradable Firmware: Standard
**Sound levels are taken from the front of the generator. Sound levels taken
from other sides of the generator may be higher depending on installation parameters.
Rating definitions - Standby: Applicable for supplying emergency power for the
duration of the utility power outage. No overload capability is available for
this rating. (All ratings in accordance with BS5514, ISO3046 and DIN6271).
* Maximum wattage and current are subject to and limited by such factors as
fuel Btu/megajoule content, ambient temperature, altitude, engine power and
condition, etc. Maximum power decreases about 3.5 percent for each 1,000 feet
(304.8 meters) above sea level; and also will decrease about 1 percent for each
6 °C (10 °F) above 16 °C (60 °F).
Smart Switch Features
- Includes Digital Power Management Technology standard (DPM).
- Intelligently manages two air conditioner loads with no additional hardware.
- Up to four more large (120/240 VAC) loads can be managed when used in conjunction
with Power Management Modules (PMM**).
- Electrically operated, mechanically-held contacts for fast, clean connections.
- Rated for all classes of load, 100% equipment rated, both inductive and
- 2 pole, 250 VAC contactors.
- Service equipment rated, dual coil design.
- Rated for both aluminum and copper conductors.
- NEMA/UL 3R aluminum outdoor enclosure.
- Main contacts are silver plated or silver alloy to resist welding and sticking.
**Note: PMM starter kit is required prior to using the modules.
- No. of Poles: 2
- Current Rating (Amps): 200
- Voltage Rating (VAC): 120/240, 1Ø
- Utility Voltage Monitor (Fixed)*:
- Pick-up: 80%
- Dropout: 60%
- Return to Utility*: approx. 13 sec.
- Exercise weekly for 12 minutes*: Standard
- UL Listed: Standard
- Enclosure Type: NEMA/UL 3R
- Withstand Rating (Amps): 22,000
- Lug Range: 250 MCM - #6
*Function of Evolution Controller
- True Power™ Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Multilingual Digital Evolution™ Controller (English/Spanish/
- Two Transfer Switch Options Available: 100 Amp Pre-Wired Switch or
200 Amp Smart Switch. See Page 4 for Details.
- Electronic Governor
- External Main Circuit Breaker, System Status & Maintenance Interval LED
- Sound Attenuated Enclosure
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- Height: 28.8"
- Width: 47.9"
- Depth: 25"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited