Maytag Maxima Front Load Metallic Slate Steam Gas Dryer - MGD5100DMS
Maxima® Front Load Gas Dryer with Refresh Cycle with Steam – 7.4 cu. ft.
Give your outfit a quick touch-up and reduce wrinkles and odors with this front load dryer's Refresh cycle with Steam. And, with 7.4 cu. ft. capacity and help from Advanced Moisture Sensing, this steam dryer has the space to keep your largest loads evenly dried1. For better tumbling and even drying for small loads, an extra interior fin helps stop clothes from riding the drum. You'll even be able to reduce wrinkles both during and after the cycle with the Wrinkle Control cycle and Wrinkle Prevent option. We don't just tell you that Maytag® Maxima® front load dryers provide excellent drying for years, our 10-year limited parts warranty on the drive motor and dryer drum lets you know we mean it. And we're proud to say: from Marion, Ohio to you, this gas dryer is designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
- Designed, Engineered and Assembled in Marion, Ohio
We take pride in building strong, reliable appliances for your home. We're proud to say: from Marion, Ohio to you, this dryer is designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
- 10-Year Limited Parts Warranty on Drive Motor and Drum
We're so confident in the reliability of our dryers that we back the drive motor and drum with a 10-year limited parts warranty. We don't just tell you that it provides excellent drying for years, our 10-year warranty lets you know we mean it.
- Maytag® Commercial Technology
Our dryers are built to last thanks to the Maytag® Commercial Technology we put under the hood. They come standard with a durable motor and a 5-rib belt that keeps them humming along year after year.
- Refresh Cycle with Steam
The Refresh cycle with Steam is a quick touch up for your clothes. It reduces wrinkles and removes odors in as little as 20 minutes.
- Wrinkle Prevent Option
Don't let wrinkles cramp your style. When you use the Wrinkle Prevent option with Steam, the dryer tumbles your clothes with bursts of steam for more than two hours after the cycle has ended. It's a no-hassle way to help keep clothes fresh and looking fine.
- Sanitize Cycle
When everyday essentials need a wash, you need a higher level of clean. The Sanitize cycle removes up to 99.9% of three common household bacteria, so you can rest easy with whatever towels, sheets and baby clothes you're keeping close.
- Rapid Dry Cycle
Waiting for the dryer is no fun. Get small loads like that must-have outfit dry in a jiffy with the Rapid Dry cycle on all Maxima® dryers.
- Wrinkle Control Cycle
A special Wrinkle Control cycle relaxes fabrics and helps keep all your outfits looking fresh and virtually wrinkle-free.
- No-Hassle Water Hook-Up
For steam without the hassle, our dryers come with an easy-to-install Y connector. It delivers water directly to the dryer so you don't have to fill a reservoir.
- High-Efficiency Drying
With Advanced Moisture Sensing, high-efficiency dryers save energy by stopping clothes when they're dry and not prolonging the cycle. Our high-efficiency dryers deliver over $1,200 in energy savings over the course of their lifetime.
- Durable Glass Window
A durable, angled glass window keeps your laundry in line. It pushes tumbling clothes back into the center of the dryer, which aids drying performance. Plus, it's scratch and shatter resistant so you can get a peek at your clothes without worrying about the window.
- Wrinkle Control Cycle and Wrinkle Prevent Option
Help keep wrinkles from forming on your favorite outfits during drying with the Wrinkle Control cycle and Wrinkle Prevent option. For seriously wrinkle-prone fabrics, set the Wrinkle Control cycle during drying and the Wrinkle Prevent option after to help keep your clothes crisp right out of the dryer.
- LED Drum Light
Our dryers are so large you might consider looking for that lost sock with a headlamp. But thanks to an energy-efficient LED drum light you won't have to. Simply switch on the LED drum light when you need to track down the last of the laundry.
- Control Lock
The control panel is a cinch to use. And because it's on the front of the machine, we've included a control lock feature so you'll never change cycles by accident. It also helps stop curious kids from changing the cycle.
- Configuration and Overview
- ADA Compliant: ADA Height and Side and Front Reach Compliant
- Maximum Vent Length: 64
- Venting Direction: Left, Right, Bottom, Rear
- Dryer Capacity (DOE): 7.4
- Cycle and Options
- Eco Monitor: No
- Lint Filter Indicator: Yes
- End of Cycle Signal: On/Off
- Number of Cycles: 9
- Cycles: Bedding, Delicates, Heavy Dry, Normal, Rapid Dry, Refresh, Sanitize, Timed Dry, Wrinkle Control
- Options: Control Lock, Damp Dry Signal, Drum Light (On/Off), End of Cycle Signal, Energy Saver, Wrinkle Prevent w/Steam
- Temperature Selections: Air Only, Extra Low, High, Low, Medium
- Moisture Sensor: Yes
- Cycle Time Remaining: Yes
- EcoBoost™/Energy Saver: Yes
Style and Extras
- Stackable: Yes
- Drum Material: Powder Coat
- Drying Rack: No
- Heating Burner BTU: 20000
- Steam Hose Y Connector: Yes
- Feedback-Status Indicators: Check Lint Screen, Check Vent, Done (Clothes Dry), Estimated Time Remaining, Good Air Flow, Sensing, Steaming
- Dryness Levels Selections: Less, More, Normal
- Number of Dryness Levels: 3
- Door Style: Side Swing
- Pedestal Options: Yes
- Reversible Door: Yes
- Interior Light: Yes
- Control Location: Front Panel
- Control Type: Tap Touch
- Electronic Display Type: Cycle Indicator Lights with Digital Time Remaining
- Width: 27"
- Depth: 31"
- Height: 39"
- Depth With Door Open 90 Degree: 51"
- Minimum Height: 38 3/4"
- Maximum Height: 39"
- Unit: 160 lbs
- Shipping: 170 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts