Canon EOS Rebel T5 Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit - REBELT51855KIT
Perfect for families, budding photo enthusiasts and first-time SLR users alike,
the EOS Rebel T5 makes it easy to capture movies and photos that are nothing
short of dazzling. It features a powerful 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image
sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 4 Image Processor for easy recording of HD video
and high-resolution photos and has a huge 3.0-inch LCD screen for Live View
recording and review. With a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system, an expanded
ISO range for outstanding operation in less-than-perfect light, shooting modes
like Scene Intelligent Auto to take the guesswork out of complex shots plus
creative options like Canon's Basic+ function and Creative Auto, the EOS Rebel
T5 is ready for anything. With a helpful Feature Guide, rugged, lightweight
construction and proven Canon design, the EOS Rebel T5 makes EOS SLR photography
faster and easier than ever!
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
The EOS Rebel T5 has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor)
sensor that captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and
offers more than enough resolution for big enlargements or crops – your
photos can be printed and framed without having to worry about quality. This
first-class sensor is APS-C sized for an effective 1.6x field of view (compared
to 35mm format) and features many of the same new technologies as used by
professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light gathering, helping
to ensure images are captured beautifully and brilliantly.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
The DIGIC 4 Image Processor on the EOS Rebel T5 dramatically speeds up camera
operations, offering an intuitive shooting experience and providing images
full of detail and natural color reproduction. It works in concert with the
camera's 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor to achieve phenomenal levels of performance
in virtually every situation, so you can shoot without having to worry about
- EOS Full HD Movie
The EOS Rebel T5 offers easy-to-use video capture with breathtaking Full HD
quality that is difficult for a smartphone to match. Capable of shooting in
a number of recording sizes and frame rates, the EOS Rebel T5 offers outstanding
video capturing performance, quality and simplicity – simply press the
dedicated Live View/Movie Recording button to get started shooting. Additionally,
the EOS Rebel T5 enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View
features and even allows for in-camera editing. And with a wealth of over
60 interchangeable lenses available to choose from, your video has plenty
of creative options.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode
The EOS Rebel T5 features Scene Intelligent Auto mode, which incorporates
a number of Canon technologies to deliver the best possible exposure, simply.
Joining Picture Style Auto, Automatic Lighting Optimizer, Automatic White
Balance, Autofocus, and Automatic Exposure, Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyzes
the image, accounting for faces, colors, brightness, moving objects, contrast,
and whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod. It then chooses the exposure
and enhancements that bring out the best in any scene or situation. Users
without extensive photography knowledge or experience will not need to puzzle
over settings; the Scene Intelligent Auto mode simplifies DSLR image capture
so photographers can simply concentrate on composing images.
- Feature Guide
To help explain the specific function of features found on the EOS Rebel T5,
the Feature Guide displays a simple description helpful in determining the
applicability for the situation at hand. It is displayed in each shooting
mode, during mode dial operations, and for Quick Control screen functions.
It appears automatically when a function is selected – a lifesaver when
trying to determine the best mode or function for the next picture. The feature
guide works automatically by default, and can be disabled easily through the
- Up to 3.0 fps Continuous Shooting
The EOS Rebel T5 is a fast camera, capturing up to 3.0 fps (frames per second)
for up to approximately 69 JPEGs or approximately 6 RAW files. Whether capturing
the action on the soccer field or waiting for that perfect expression, the
EOS Rebel T5 delivers intuitive, speedy operation for the best shot. With
instant startup, speedy AF and virtually no shutter lag, the EOS Rebel T5
will help you capture the action, every time.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD Monitor
The EOS Rebel T5 has a huge, bright 3.0-inch LCD monitor that is ideal for
composing and capturing amazing images, as well as showing them off to friends
and family. The large display has high resolution with 460,000 pixels and
a wide viewing angle of 170°. It's perfect for Live View composition or
viewing camera settings like AF, ISO, Metering, AF Point selection and flash
- ISO 100–6400 (Expandable to H: 12800)
With a broad range of light sensitivity ratings from ISO 100–6400 (expandable
to H: 12800), the EOS Rebel T5 is ready to go no matter the light, capturing
the finest detail with ease. Thanks to this expanded ISO range, the EOS Rebel
T5 can capture more subjects in more situations, handheld, without the need
for flash. This means more natural and detailed looking pictures and movies
that can be shot discreetly, with ease.
- 9-point AF System and AI Servo AF
The EOS Rebel T5 has exceptional autofocus with a 9-point AF system including
a center cross-type AF point, delivering accurate focus whether the camera
is oriented in portrait or landscape position. The system intelligently uses
both normal and high-precision focus, depending on the aperture and available
light, so your images are in crisp focus. An AI Servo AF system achieves and
maintains consistent focus with an exceptional degree of reliability.
- Creative Filters
The EOS Rebel T5 allows you to capture images with a new perspective without
any need for extra accessories. The camera features five different creative
filters for still images: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Miniature
Effect and Toy Camera Effect. Each filter alters the mood and feel of any
particular scene, allowing you to create photos with a fun, distinctive flair.
- Basic+ and Creative Auto
The EOS Rebel T5 is always ready to take beautiful pictures automatically.
For photographers looking to experiment with more advanced settings, the EOS
Rebel T5 is loaded with features to take you to the next level. Basic+ makes
it easy to create the image effects you want, changing ambience or scene type
according to simple choices made on the camera's Quick Control Screen. And
ideal for beginners looking to expand their photographic horizons is Creative
Auto mode where basic settings are based on full automatic operation, but
shooting guides on the LCD screen explain how to make changes to exposure,
tone, sharpness and more, and how those changes will affect the final image.
In essence, with Creative Auto mode, you can experiment and learn more about
photography while still taking stunning photographs.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
The EOS Rebel T5 is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF and EF-S lineup,
ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses. Canon lenses employ
advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver unprecedented
performance in all facets of the photographic process. Numerous lenses feature
Canon's sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer technology to minimize the
effect of camera shake. Through Canon lenses, photographers can truly maximize
the quality and liberating performance of the EOS Rebel T5.
- Compatible with GPS Receiver GP-E2
With the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2 attached to the hot shoe or the digital
terminal, the EOS Rebel T5 can record location, including latitude, longitude
and altitude, and has the ability to track the trajectory of movement with
its logging function. An electric compass records the camera's orientation
during each shot, and world time information is recorded through GPS syncing.
With GPS information, you can always remember where and when your images were
taken, perfect for tagging vacation photos or organizing albums.
- Type: Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, or via
Wireless LAN (Eye-Fi card*))
- *Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions,
including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card,
please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards
may not be approved in all regions, or from one region to another;
please contact the card manufacturer for status of approval in the
country/region of use.
- Image Format: Approx. Approx. 22.3mm x 14.9mm
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent
focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- Pixel Unit: 4.3 µm square
- Total Pixels: Total pixels: Approx. 18.70 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter
- Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Fluorine coating on the top surface.
- Dust Deletion Feature
- (1) Manual cleaning
- (2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are
detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided
software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not included.
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif
- File Size
- (1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
- (2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3456 x 2304)
- (3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728)
- (4) S2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
- (5) S3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
- (6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style,
- File Numbering: Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Yes
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful,
Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation
- White balance correction: ±9 levels
- White balance bracketing: ±3 levels in single-level increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.8x / 22.4° (with 50mm lens at infinity,
-1 m-1 (dpt))
- Eye Point: Approx. 21 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: Adjustable from approx. -2.5 to +0.5
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio
- Viewfinder Information
- 1) AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light)
- 2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock,
Exposure level, exposure warning)
- 3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed
sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
- 4) Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting,
maximum burst, white balance correction, SD card information)
- Depth Of Field Preview: No depth-of-field preview button (Enabled
with C.Fn 9-4)
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 9-point AF (f/5.6 cross-type AF point at center)
- AF Working Range
- Center AF Point: EV 0 - 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Other AF Points: EV 1 - 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Focusing Modes
- (1) Autofocus
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically)
- (2) Manual focus (MF)
- AF Point Selection
- (1) Manual selection
- (2) Auto selection
- Selected AF Point Display Indicated by superimposed display in the
viewfinder and on the LCD monitor
- AF Assist Beam
- 1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash.
- 2) Effective range: Approx. 4 m/13.1 ft at center, approx. 3.5 m/11.5
ft at periphery.
- With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist
beam is emitted instead.
- Compatible with 320EX, 270EX II and 270EX AF-assist beam (intermittent
- Creative Zone modes
- (1) Program AE (program-shift possible)
- (2) Shutter-priority AE
- (3) Aperture-priority AE
- (4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
- Basic Zone modes
- (1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE, non-shiftable)
- (2) Flash Off
- (3) Creative Auto
- (4) Portrait
- (5) Landscape
- (6) Close-up
- (7) Sports
- (8) Night Portrait
- ISO Speed Range
- Shooting Mode: ISO Settings
- Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Landscape, Close-up,
Sports, Night Portrait: ISO 100–3200
- Portrait: ISO 100
- P, TV, Av, M: ISO 100–6400
- With flash: Fixed at ISO 800
- *1: 1 ISO 800 for Bulb exposures.
- *2: Depends on the maximum ISO speed that has been set.
- *3: If fill-flash results in overexposure, ISO 100 is set.
- *4: When the maximum ISO speed is ISO 400, the speed is fixed at
- *5: If a bounce flash with an external Speedlite flash is used in
Basic Zone modes (except Night Portrait) or P mode, the ISO speed
is automatically set between ISO 800–1600 in accordance with
- Exposure Compensation
- (1) Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- (2) AEB: ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- AE Lock
- Auto AE Lock: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering
when focus is achieved.
- Manual: By AE lock button in P, Tv and Av modes
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically
- *Electronic 1st curtain. Only 2nd curtain mechanically controlled.
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range
varies by shooting mode.); X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Shutter Lag Time
- (1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure:
Approx. 0.12 sec.
- (2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure:
Approx. 0.24 sec.
- *Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes
AF operation time.
- Remote Control
- Compatible with Remote Switch RS-60E3. There is no wireless remote control
- Flash Metering
- E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering),
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- ±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increment
- Drive Modes: Single shooting, Continuous shooting, 10-sec. self-timer,
2-sec. self-timer, Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
- Continuous Shooting Speed: JPEG & RAW: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
- Maximum Burst:
- (1) JPEG: 69 shots
- (2) RAW: 6 shots
- (3) RAW+JPEG: 4 shots
- When the image-recording quality is JPEG, continuous shooting is
possible until the memory card becomes full.
- * Based on Canon's testing standards with a 8GB test card (3:2 aspect
ratio, ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style
Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- 1) Autofocus
- Face Detection Live mode
- Quick mode
- 2) Manual Focus
- Metering Modes
Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor. ged.
- Metering Range: EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23°C/73°F, ISO 100)
- Grid Display
- (1) Grid 1: Pair of vertical and horizontal lines
- (2) Grid 2: 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- Silent Shooting: Not provided
- File Format: MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (monaural))
- File Size Recording Size
- [Full HD]
1920 x 1080 (30 fps/25 fps/24 fps): 330 MB/min.
1280 x 720 (60 fps/50fps): 330 MB/min.
640 x 480 (30 fps/25fps): 82.5 MB/min.
- * If the file size exceeds 4GB, a new file will be automatically
- * SD Class 6 or higher required.
- Frame Rates
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
- 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
- Continuous Shooting Time
- Autofocus: FlexiZone-Single, Quick mode, Face Detection Live mode; manual
- Range: 8 bit, 0 - 255
- Exposure Control
- (1) Program AE for movie shooting
- * Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (signal accumulation time), aperture
and ISO speed automatically set
- (2) Manual Exposure
- The ISO speed, aperture, and shutter speed (signal-accumulation
time ranging from 1/30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.) are set manually.
- Exposure Compensation: ± 3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 4:3)
- Pixels: Approx. 460,000 dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Brightness Control: Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish,
Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian,
Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese)
- Display Format
- (1) Single image display
- Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram
- (2) Index display
- 4-image index and 9-image index.
- (3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial)
- 1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, movies, stills, rating
- Highlight Alert: On the detailed information and histogram displays,
highlight areas with no image data will blink.
Quick Control Function
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images
- JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- RAW images printable.
- Movies cannot be printed.
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
- Custom Functions: 11 Custom Functions with 33 settings settable
with the camera
- Custom Controls: Not Provided
- Camera User Settings: Not provided
- My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom
Function settings can be registered
- USB Terminal: Hi-Speed USB-standard mini-B terminal for personal
computer communications and PictBridge.
- Video Out Terminal
- 1) Type C (Switches automatically to suit the resolution)
- 2) Video output: 1. 1080/60i, 2. 1080/50i, 3. 480/60p, 4. 576/50p
- * Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3, or 4 to suit the TV.
- Extension System Terminal: Compatible with Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Gigabit-Ethernet: Compatible (*Canon cameras are not guaranteed
to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of
an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer.
The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be approved in all regions, or from one region
to another; please contact the card manufacturer for status of approval in
the country/region of use.)
- Battery Pack LP-E10 x 1 * With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10, AC power is
- Battery Check:
- Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON. Battery level
indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
- Power Saving:
- Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 min.
- Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary battery. When fully-charged,
the date/time can be maintained for about three months.
* Recharge time for backup battery: Approx. 8 hours
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less
What's In The Box:
- EOS Rebel T5 Body
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
- Eyecup Ef (Not shown)
- Battery Pack LP-E10
- Battery Charger LC-E10
- Wide Strap EW-300D
- USB Interface Cable IFC-130U
- EOS Digital Solution Disc & Software Instruction Manual CD
- Camera Instruction Manual (Not shown)
- Width: 5.1"
- Height: 3.93"
- Depth: 3.07"
- Unit: 15.34 oz.
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without
If a problem occurs with a non-Canon lens attached to the camera, consult the
Canon, DIGIC and EOS Rebel are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United
States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries.
Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is
a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are registered
trademarks or trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or
other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks,
trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States
and/or other countries.