Sony Digital CD Receiver With Bluetooth, NFC & App Remote - MEX-GS610BT
Experience the power of great audio with this Sony in-dash digital radio and CD receiver. It fits into a single DIN slot on your center console so that you can enjoy wireless Bluetooth connectivity straight from your smartphone. From there, you can control your music from the dashboard, and you can make and receive calls hands-free through the Sony receiver. In addition, if you have an Android phone, you can even respond to emails and texts by voice, making this an extremely versatile solution if you're regularly on the road.
When you need to recharge your devices, use the dual USB inputs to do so on this Sony media receiver. They also allow you to access the media stored on your device. If you have music on CD, simply slot one into the CD player to begin playing. System expansion is easy thanks to the 5V RCA outputs, so connect up a variety of amplifiers to create the perfect sound system with this Sony in-dash digital radio and CD receiver at the center.
- Integrated Bluetooth® technology: Easily take calls and listen to your favorite tunes with Bluetooth® 3.1 technology. The receiver can simultaneously connect up to two compatible devices and choose between hands free phone access, phonebook access, Pandora® internet radio control or audio streaming.
- One-touch listening with NFC: Enjoy simplified Bluetooth® connectivity with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. Align compatible devices and touch NFC logos to: activate Bluetooth®, pair devices, and stream music. When done, align and touch the NFC logos to disconnect.
- Easily access select smartphone apps: The updated App Remote™ feature combines music & select smartphone apps into a single source list, controlled by phone or receiver; you can also control select sound settings. Content is displayed on your smartphone while audio plays through your speakers. Android™ users can also control sources and read & respond to texts or emails with voice control.
- Versatile dual USB 1-wire inputs: Connect, charge & control your Walkman®, iPod®/iPhone®3, Android™, Blackberry®6 or other USB devices while accessing your digital music files via the dual USB inputs. File metadata is displayed on the front panel. Front USB port provides up to 1 amp output while the rear provides up to 2.1 amps for charging a wide variety of portable devices.
- 5V RCA outputs for system expansion: When you’re ready to expand your system, the receiver delivers strong 5 volt RCA pre-amp outputs for external front, rear and subwoofer amplifiers. The adjustable subwoofer level control also lets you dial in the bass when you’re ready to pump it up.
- 3 year warranty: The Sony MEX-GS610BT is backed by a comprehensive 3 year factory warranty.
- Pandora® Internet Radio Control: Pandora® is the leading internet radio service, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The receiver provides complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone®, Android™ or Blackberry® phones.
- SiriusXM™ Satellite radio ready: The on-board SiriusXM™ connector simplifies satellite radio installation by eliminating compatibility issues and providing direct connection to the latest platform of tuners.
- The immaculate reception: The Digital Clarity Tuner delivers industry leading signal to noise ratios, lower interference, better multipath rejection and better stereo separation. The RDS feature displays broadcast information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Plays CDs and popular digital files: Multi-format playback lets you play your MP3, WMA, or WAV files on CD, CD-R/CD-RW or from a USB drive.
- Passenger Control for iPhone®/iPod®: Let your passengers play DJ and control your iPhone® or iPod®3 directly from the device while it’s still connected to the receiver. Simply hold the MODE button during playback to enter and exit Passenger Control playback mode.
- Voice activation for iPhone®: Use Quick-BrowZer® to find music by artist, album, genre, song or playlist. Use Jump Mode to fast forward through a category in 10% increments to help you find a specific song.
- Intuitive music search features: The included external hands-free microphone and integrated echo and noise canceling circuitry assure your conversations are clear.
- Hands Free with noise cancelling
- Variable Color Illumination: Match your radio’s illumination with over 35,000 colors to complement your existing vehicle lighting components with the Dynamic Color Illuminator®. With selectable Sound Synchronization, the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source.
- Custom sound settings with EQ10: The new Advanced Sound Engine includes adjustable EQ10 equalizer, selectable slope LPF/HPF crossovers, Listener Position calibration (Time Alignment), Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) to improve digital music playback, Advanced Auto Volume to balance source signals, Clear Audio+ & Rear Bass Enhancer to deliver an amazing listening experience.
- Powerful in-dash amplification: The redesigned, internal Dynamic Reality Amp circuitry boasts 47% lower internal resistance compared to conventional receivers, delivering 55 watts x 4 to your interior speakers. This allows you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low noise levels and smooth frequency response. Your music isn’t just louder, its clearer too.
- Steering wheel control ready input: This receiver is compatible with aftermarket remote control adapters designed to utilize the vehicles existing, primary radio controls directly from the steering wheel. The 1/8” rear panel mounted remote input jack allows for simple connectivity.
- Convenient control panel design: The easy-to-read LCD display shows source and call information, clock, station ID and track data when playing back digital files from CD, streaming audio or external USB devices. Front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- Convenient wireless remote included: Control your receiver with the included wireless card remote (RM-X231).
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Power Ad Hoc: CEA2006 Standard Power: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.
- Max power output: 55 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 5 volt
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Wow and Flutter: Below measurable limit
- S/N Ratio: Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Equalizer: EQ10: 10 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 32 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): CD: 120 dB
- Frequency Response: CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Audio Format(s) Supported: MP3/WMA/WMA files
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Type: Digital Clarity Tuner with RDS
- Band: AM / FM
- Tuner Frequency Range: FM: Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9
AM: Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Bluetooth Feature & Device BT Spec
- Version: Bluetooth Version 3.1
- Secure Simple Pairing: Yes
- Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Meta Data Indication: Yes
- PAUSE: Yes
- Audio Codec: SBC
- Audio Level Adjustment: Yes (-8dB to +18dB)
- TRACK +/-: Yes
- CUE/REV: Yes
- Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Feature
- Phonebook Access via PBAP: Yes
- Call history browse with PBAP: Yes
- Connection Status (maximum #): (1) HFP/PBAP+ (1) Audio
- # of records connected: 9 (HFP+Audio)
- Call history (# of): 20 numbers
- Speed dial: 6x1=6 memories
- Last dialed call: Yes
- Ring volume level control: Yes
- Call Volume Level Control: Yes
- MIC GAIN Adjustment: Low/Mid/Hi
- RF ON/OFF: Yes
- Internal ringtone: 1 (Sony Ericsson PCM)
- Echo/Noise Canceler: Mode 1 or 2
- Ring alert select: Internal/Cellular
- External microphone: Included
- Bluetooth Feature & Device Other Features
- PBAP: Yes
- AVRCP: Version1.5
- A2DP: Version1.3
- HFP: Version1.6
- SPP: Yes
- Tilt Range: 0-45° mounting angle
- CD Text Display: CD/MP3/WMA data displayed
- Dimmer Adjust: Selectable Auto adjust or manual on/off
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Key Illumination: Variable color illumination
- CEA2006 output power 17
- CEA2006 S/N 80
- Dimensions (WxHxD) (mm) 178x50x120
- Maximum output power (4ohm, 1kHz, 16V)(W) 55
- Mounting dimensions (WxHxD)(mm) 182x53x103
- Preout impedance (ohms) 220
- Preout output level (V) 2
- Weight (kg) 0.7
- Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s) Power remote on
- Antenna Terminal(s) AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In Front Aux in with variable level Front USB input
- Digital Audio Input(s) Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary
as not all devices are compatible. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage
Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the
USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
- Infrared Port This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update
your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
- RCA Audio Output(s) iPod Nano 1st - 7th generation iPod Touch 1st - 5th
generation iPod Classic iPod with video iPhone iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS iPhone
4 iPhone 4S iPhone 5 If you have any questions or problems concerning your
unit that are not covered in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony
- Remote Jack Wireless remote Front RCA pre-amp outputs Optional wired remote
- USB Port(s)
- Feature & Device AUX Feature
- Level Adjustment: -8dB / +18dB
- Feature & Device Amp & General
- Subwoofer Direct Connection: Yes
- Pre Out: (3) Front, Rear and Sub
- Output Power (4ohm, 1kHz,16V)(W): 55 watts x 4
- Sub Out: Yes
- High Voltage Pre Out: 5 Volt
- USB: Front / Rear
- Aux-In: Front
- Time Alignment Preset: Yes
- Rear Bass Enhancer: Yes
- Time Alignment Custom: Adjustable
- EQ: EQ10: 10 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 32 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz.
- High Pass Filter: Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Low Pass Filter: Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Loudness: Yes
- Sirius/XM Connector: Yes
- Automatic Level Optimizer: Yes
- Feature & Device Display Panel
- Auto off mode: Yes
- Key Illumination Initial: Variable
- Dimmer Adjust: Auto
- Feature & Device Other Features
- CD lock mode: Yes
- Rotary commander: Option: Yes
- Card Remote: Option: RM-X231 included
- Detachable Panel: Detachable face
- Clock: 12H
- Feature & Device Panel Design
- Key Illumination: Variable
- Display color (Color Variation/Nega or Posi): Black color/Negative
- Display Device (LCD/FL/OEL/TFT): LCD
- Panel finish color: Black / Carbon Fiber
- Feature & Device Tuner Feature
- RDS/EON (NA Only: RBDS, Others: RDS): Yes
- Preset: FM 18 / AM 12
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
- This unit can be connected to the following iPods (Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it.)
- iPod Nano 1st - 6th generation
- iPod Touch 1st - 4th generation
- iPod Classic
- iPod with video
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- USB Port(s): Front / Rear
- Remote Jack: Optional wired remote terminal
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Power remote on
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front, Rear, and Subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote
- Antenna Terminal(s): AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In: Front: AUX and USB inputs
- Rear: USB input
- Rear: SiriusXM™ connector
- Connector type: 16 Pin wiring harness
- MW: Tuning range(kHz): 530-1710
- FM: Tuning range (MHz): 87.5-107.9
- FM: Channel separation (dB): 50 dB at 1 kHz
- FM: Selectivity (400 kHz) (dB): 75 dB
- FM: S/N ratio (mono) (dB): 80 dB (mono)
- FM: Intermediate frequency (MHz): 25 KHz
- FM: Usable sensitivity (75 ohm) (dBf): 8 dBf
- FM: Frequency response (Hz): 20 - 15k
- MW/LW/SW: Sensitivity (75 ohm) MW/LW/SW(uV): 26/-/-
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB (mono)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 50 dB at 1 KHz
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 8 dBf
- USB Feature & Device USB Mass
- Jump Mode: Yes
- Pause: Yes
- Repeat: OFF/ TRACK/ ALBUM
- Shuffle: OFF/ALBUM/DEVICE
- List Browsing (Folders/Files): Yes
- ZAPPIN: Yes
- Resume Play: Yes
- CODEC (for USB): MP3, WMA, WMA
- USB Feature & Device USB-capable
- USB Mass Storage Device: Yes
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz band (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx. 10M (33ft)
- Compatible Bluetooth® Profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)1.2
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)1.3
- HFP (Handsfree Profile)1.5
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Output: Bluetooth Standard Power Class2 (Max. +4 dBm)
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth Standard version 3.1 + EDR
iPod Direct Connectivity iPod Control Feature
- Resume Play: Yes
- Pause: Yes
- Shuffle: Track, Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast
- Repeat: Track, Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast
- Accessory Information: Yes
- Passenger Control: Yes
- ZAPPIN: Yes
- CODEC (for iPod): Depend on iPod® content
- Pandora Link (USB): Yes
- List Browsing (Folders / Files): Quick-BrowZer®
- USB connection cable for iPod®: RC-100IP
- Unit: 3 lbs
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Depth: 7"
- Height: 2"
- Width: 7.125"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Year Parts