Bowers & Wilkins Gloss Black CM5 S2 Series 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Model
CM5S2GB (Sold As Pair)
Power without bulk - CM5 S2 will fill rooms, without taking up floor space,
used as a bookshelf or standmount speaker.
- As well as now featuring a Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter, CM5 S2 features
a 165mm Kevlar® cone bass/midrange driver with Anti-Resonance Plug dustcap.
The result is power, with precision, from a small shelf or standmounted speaker.
- Every key component in the CM5 S2 has been improved, like the rest of the
CM Series, in the pursuit of audio performance. Updated internal wiring, a
Mundorf capacitor in the crossover and a nickel-plated terminal tray all help
the new CM5 S2 deliver precise, powerful audio.
- No detail has been left untouched. Even the CM Series stand has been redesigned.
The new FS-CM S2 now features integrated cable management and is designed
to be sand-filled for improved damping. The result, again, is better sound.
- Woven Kevlar: Yes
- Flowport: Yes
- Technical features:
- Nautilus tube loaded Decoupled Double Dome aluminium tweeter Kevlar®
brand fibre cone bass / midrange
Description: 2-way vented-box system
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Double Dome aluminium high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8O (minimum 3.7O)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 O
- Finishes Cabinet:
- Gloss Black
- Satin White
- Grey (Satin White only)
- Height: 13.4"
- Width: 7.8"
- Depth (cabinet only): 11.2"
- 11.9" Including Grille and Terminals
- Unit: 19.6 lbs
- Shipping: 44 lbs