Bowers & Wilkins Gloss Black CM1 S2 Series 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Model
CM1S2GB (Sold As Pair)
Small is beautiful, and sounds beautiful with CM1 S2. The smallest speaker
in the CM Series combines precise audio with modern design and enough power
to fill most rooms.
- The CM1 S2 was the original CM Series speaker, launched in 2006. Now the
new CM1 S2 features vastly improved internal components and a Decoupled Double
Dome tweeter for stunningly precise and amazingly powerful audio for its size.
- The Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter uses an aluminium dome and ring combined
for lightness and rigidity, preventing distortion. A ring of gel cushioning
decouples the tweeter from the cabinet for improved imaging and dispersion
and a more natural, spacious treble.
- As well as the new tweeter, every key component inside the CM1 S2 cabinet
is improved. Like the rest of the CM Series, it uses new, improved crossovers,
internal wiring and input terminals. The results sound stunning for such a
small speaker. And it's beautiful: choose from Satin White, Gloss Black or
Rosenut real-wood veneer.
- Woven Kevlar: Yes
- Flowport: Yes
- Technical features:
- Nautilus tube loaded Decoupled Double Dome aluminium tweeter
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass / midrange Flowport™
Description: 2-way vented-box system
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Double Dome aluminium high-frequency
- 1x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass /midrange
Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 84dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 110Hz - 22kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8O (minimum 4.0O)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 100W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 O
- Finishes Cabinet:
- Gloss Black
- Satin White
- Grey (Satin White only)
- Height: 11"
- Width: 6.5"
- Depth (cabinet only): 10.2"
- 10.9" Including Grille and Terminals
- Unit: 14.7 lbs
- Shipping: 35 lbs