Sony 64GB Silver Hi-Res Walkman Digital Music Player, Model NWZA17SLV
- Walkman redefined
Packing audiophile performance into a pocket-sized player, the A17 Hi-Res
Audio Digital Music Player sets an exciting new benchmark in sound and style.
And with 64 GB of built-in memory1, microSD memory card slot, and up to 50-hours
of music playback on a single charge2, you've got studio quality sound in
your pocket wherever you go.
- Treat your ears!
Capable of handling a variety of digital audio formats, ranging from standard
CD-ripped tunes, to 192kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio, the A17 delivers
sound that is up to 6-times the resolution when compared to a standard CD,
providing support MP3, WMA, WMA lossless, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, and ALAC,
for a sublime audio experience.
- Powerful Sound
An aluminum die-cast frame and redesigned circuitry form the core of the NWZ-A17SLV.
Borrowing a few tricks from our accomplished ES home audio lineup, the low-impedance
circuit board using Sony high-purity lead-free solder ensures efficient, spacious,
and natural sound.
- Two features driving quality sound
S-Master® HX digital amplification, uniquely developed for high resolution
audio playback, delivers faithful, detailedwide-frequency audio reproduction.
DSEE HX works in two ways to delivers natural, spacious sound. First, it restores
the high frequency signals stripped by the audio compression process. Second,
it can accurately expand audio signal bit-depth, in real-time, to near hi-resolution
- Exceptional battery life
A built-in lithium ion battery paired with thick, low-resistance cable ensures
that power is on-tap for demanding musical passages while also providing up
to 50 hours of audio playback (MP3)/ up to 30 hours (Hi-Res) per charge.2
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Communications (NFC) technology.3 And with built-in AAC and aptX® codec support,
you will enjoy maximized signal quality when streaming your music wirelessly.
- Room for your tunes!
With 64 GB of internal memory1, the A17 has enough storage for about 200 high-resolution
tracks*, but thanks to the built-in memory card slot, serious users with large
music collections can add an additional 128GB, bringing the total memory capacity
up to 192 GB1, or enough storage for about 600 high-resolution tracks*. *
- 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC files
- Drag and Drop
With a Walkman® player, you are never tied to just one music service. Just
drag and drop files from iTunes® for Mac® or Windows® and enjoy. Multi-format
playback also lets you play MP3, WMA, AAC or L-PCM music files; now that's
- Easily Navigate Your Tracks
While the 2.25" QVGA anti-reflective TFT LCD display reveals album artwork,
photos, and even videos in rich, clear brilliance, the multi-function directional
keys makes searching for the right song a breeze. Spend more time listening
than fumbling through your music.
- Audio Modes: ClearAudio+/DSEE HX/5-band EQ/VPT/Dynamic Normalizer/DPC
- Station Preset(s): Up to 30
- Audio Power Output: 10 + 10 mW
- Tuner: FM Tuner
- Tuner Frequency Range: 87.5 - 108.0 mHz
- Frequency Response: 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single
- Audio Format(s) Supported:
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 32-192 kbps (incl. VBR) at 44.1 kHz
- FLAC: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96,
176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96,
176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32,
44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and
- ALAC: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48,
88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48,
88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- Play Mode: Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat
1 Song / SensMeTM channels
Bluetooth Features & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec: SBC, aptX codecs
- Display Technology: TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size: 2.2 inch (5.6 cm) QVGA (320x240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- Backlit Color: White
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx): 64 GB (expandable via optional microSD
to 192 GB)
- Display: 2.2 in. QVGA TFT display (320 x 240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- System Requirements: IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with
the following Windows operating systems1:
- Windows® XP2 (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows® 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- 1- Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
- 2 - Excluding 64-bit OS versions.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote® MusicID® service, podcast features,
Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet
the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed
- Multi-boot environment
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s): WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s): High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output: Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.): microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up
to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more up to 128 GB)
- Memory Size: 64 GB
- Power Type: Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (weight 20 g separately)
- Battery Life (Approx):
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 50 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON)
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 51 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 40 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 16 Hrs. (Bluetooth
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 30 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 11 Hrs. (Bluetooth
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 14 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 10 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON)
- Radio = Approx. 22 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator: LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx): USB-based:
- Battery Capacity: 960 mA/h
- Output Power: 10 + 10 mW
- Recharging Time: Approx. 4 hours
- Video Format(s) Supported:
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback: JPG: Max image size 4,096 x 4,096 pixels
- Frequency Band: Bluetooth spec 2.1 + EDR 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz-2.4835
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)
In the Box:
- USB Cable (1)
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide
- Height: 4-3/8"
- Width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 3/8"