Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive, Model MZ-75E500B/AM
Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer's performance with Samsung's new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you'll get the 850 EVO's new 3 dimensional chip design that enables superior performance, greater reliability and superior energy efficiency so you can work and play faster and longer than ever before.
- Innovative 3D V-NAND Technology
- Incredible Read/Write Performance
- Enhanced Endurance and Reliability
- Efficient Power Management
- 3D V-NAND Technology
Samsung's innovative 3D V-NAND flash memory architecture breaks through density, performance, and endurance limitations of today's conventional planar NAND architecture. Samsung 3D V-NAND stacks 32 cell layers vertically resulting in higher density and better performance utilizing a smaller footprint.
- Incredible Read/Write Speeds
Achieve incredible read/write performance to maximize your everyday computing experience with Samsung's TurboWrite technology. You can obtain up to 1.9x faster performance than the award-winning Samsung 840 EVO. The 850 EVO delivers class-leading performance* in sequential read (540MB/s) and write (520MB/s) speeds. Plus, gain optimized random performance in all QD for better real-world performance.
- Enhanced RAPID mode
Samsung's Magician software enables RAPID Mode for up to 2x faster performance* by utilizing unused PC memory (DRAM) as a high-speed cache. The newest version of Samsung Magician supports up to a 4 GB cache on a system with 16 GB of DRAM.
- Guaranteed Endurance and reliability
The 850 EVO doubles the endurance* and reliability** compared to the previous generation 840 EVO** and features a class-leading*** 5 year warranty. With enhanced long-term reliability, the 850 EVO assures longterm dependable performance of up to 30% longer than the previous generation 840 EVO.
- Improved Energy Efficiency
The 850 EVO delivers significantly longer battery life on your notebook* with a controller designed and optimized for 3D V-NAND that supports Device Sleep for Windows at a highly efficient 2mW. The 850 EVO supports 25% better power efficiency than the 840 EVO during write operations thanks to ultra-efficient 3D V-NAND only consuming half the energy than that of traditional Planar 2D NAND.
- Secure Data Through Advanced AES 256 Encryption
The 850 EVO comes fortified with the latest hardware-based full disk encryption engine. The AES 256-bit hardware encryption secures data without any performance degradation and complies with TCG Opal 2.0. Easily integrate into Windows with Microsoft e-drive IEEE1667 to keep your data protected at all times.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard Protection
The 850 EVO's Dynamic Thermal Guard constantly monitors and maintains ideal temperatures for the drive to operate in optimal conditions to ensure the integrity of your data. The Thermal Guard automatically throttles temperatures down when temperatures rise above optimal critical threshold. This protects your data while maintaining responsiveness to help ensure your computer is always safe from overheating.
- One-stop Install Navigator Software
In three simple steps, the Samsung One-stop Install Navigator software easily allows you to migrate all the data and applications from your existing drive to the 850 EVO. The included Samsung Magician software also allows you to setup, optimize, and manage your system for peak SSD performance.
- End-to-end Integration Solution
Samsung is the only brand to design and manufacture all its components inhouse allowing complete optimized integration. The result – the rock-solid EVO 850, with enhanced performance, lower power consumption with an up to 1 GB LPDDR2 DRAM cache memory and improved energy-efficiency with the MEX/MGX controller – all from the #1 memory manufacturer in the world.
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s interface
- Capacity: 500 GB (1GB=1 Billionbyte by IDEMA)
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 540 MB/sec Sequential Read
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 520 MB/sec Sequential Write
- Random Read Speed
- Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 98,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 10,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Write Speed
- Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 40,000 IOPS Random Write
- Memory Speed
- Samsung 32 layer 3D V-NAND
- Samsung 512 MB Low Power DDR3
- Controller: Samsung MGX Controller
- Trim Support: Yes
- AES Encryption: AES 256 bit Encryption (Class 0) , TCG/Opal, IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- Power Consumption (W)
- 50 mWatts
- *Average: 3.0 Watts *Maximum: 3.5 Watts (Burst mode)
- 5V ± 5% Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF)
- 2 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF - 158ºF
- Product: 2.5" Form Factor
- Height: 2.75"
- Width: 3.94"
- Depth: 0.27"
- Unit: 0.1 lb.
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Years Limited Warranty