Sony Professional Capability Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera - ILCE-7M2K/B
Engage with your subject when using this Sony Alpha a7S digital mirrorless camera. It's ideal for long expeditions and hikes thanks to its ultra-light design, which does away with the traditional mirror to reduce weight and bulk. As a result, this mirrorless digital camera is easier to hold, yet it still includes a full-frame sensor so that you can take advantage of rapid BIONZ X image processing and exceptional light-gathering capabilities for impressive performance even when the light is low.
Optical image stabilization from this full-frame digital camera reduces the effects of hand shake, letting you use a shutter speed that's up to 4.5 steps slower than normal. In addition, this also works with the 4K movie output, which you can save to an external source uncompressed or save it compressed within the camera. When used with a stepping motor-powered lens, this camera ensures impressive audio without the traditional grind, yet it still focuses rapidly on your subject. This Sony Alpha a7S digital mirrorless camera takes standard SD cards and is compatible with a wide range of E-mount lenses to create the perfect setup for your needs.
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization for still images and movies
- Use all of your favorite lenses without camera shake or blur
- Full Frame 24.3 MP resolution w/ Gapless On-chip Lens Design
- Fast Hybrid AF w/ phase-detection; 30% quicker than a7
- Compatible w/ Sony’s E-mount and other lenses with adaptors
- High contrast 2.4-million dot OLED EVF for eye-level framing
- 50Mbps XAVC S 1920x1080 at 60P, 1280x720 at 120P
- 3.0" tiltable LCD for easy high and low angle framing
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi® or NFC
- PC control w/ remote video capture control
- World's first 5-axis in-body image stabilization in a full-frame camera.
Reduce blur caused by camera shake from five different directions—vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll—as opposed to only two in previous systems. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the photographer walking or running. It’s a true marvel of engineering.
- Use your favorite lenses with minimized blur from camera shake.
With image stabilization built it into the body of the camera itself, mounted lenses—even A-mount or non-Sony lenses using an adaptor 2—can utilize the 5-axis image stabilization for both still images and video. It even enhances lenses that already have optical image stabilization systems.
- Full-frame, 24.3 MP resolution
Capture stunning images with 24.3MP resolution, a 35mm full-frame sensor, a normal sensor range of ISO 100–25600, and a sophisticated balance of high-resolving power, gradation and low noise. The BIONZ® X image processor enables up to 5 fps high-speed continuous shooting and high-50Mb/s XAVC S video recording.
- Fast hybrid AF with phase-detection - 30% faster than á7.
This fast hybrid autofocus system utilizes 117 phase-detection points and 25 contrast-detection points. Updated from the á7, this new autofocus algorithm improves subject-tracking performance and focusing speed by approximately 30%.
- Utilizes Sony's E-mount lens system.
Take advantage of the growing family of E-mount lenses, including G Series and ZEISS®. The E-mount lens system is particularly well-suited for video shooting, with a variety of models containing “movie-friendly” features like smooth focusing, powered zoom control and silent iris/aperture control.
- High contrast, 2.4-million dot OLED EVF for eye-level framing.
View every scene in rich detail with the XGA OLED Tru-Finder, which features OLED improvements and 3-lens optical system. The viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately monitor the results. You’ll enjoy rich tonal gradations and high-end features like 100% frame coverage, a wide viewing angle, and more.
- Record Full HD in XAVC S format up to 50Mb/s.
The á7II adopts the high bitrate, workflow-friendly XAVC S recording format in addition to AVCHD and MP4 codecs. XAVC S format allows for Full HD recording at a data rate of 50 mbps with lower compression for improved video quality. The á7II can record Full HD (1920x1080) at frame rates of 60p, 60i, 30p and 24p directly to a compatible memory card. Video modes can be changed from full-frame to APS-C (super 35mm equivalent) if desired, which best matches video captured on Super 35 cameras.
- 3 LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high and low-angle framing.
The tiltable 3” (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine™ LCD Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or low to capture pets eye-to-eye by swinging up approx. 90° and down approx. 45°. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/ NFC.
Connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been simplified with Wi-Fi®/NFC control. In addition to Wi-Fi support for connecting to smartphones, á7II also supports NFC (near field communication) providing “one-touch connection” convenience when transferring images to Android™ smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect.
- Tether your camcera to a PC for Remote Camera Control.
Remote Camera Control allows you to control your á7II from your PC and transfer files using a USB cable. Feature control has also been updated to include video capture control.
- Face Detection : On, Off, Face Registration, Face Selection; maximum eight faces detected
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Camera Type : Interchangeable lens digital camera
- Lens Compatibility : Sony E-mount lenses
- Still Image Playback Options : Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x), Panorama (Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x, Auto Review (10 / 5 / 2 sec, Off), Image orientation (Auto / Manual / Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Date / Still / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S), Forward / Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Continuous shooting: Hi: max. 5 fps, Lo: max. 2.5 fps
- Flash Sync Speed : 1/250 sec.
- Shutter Speeds : Still images:1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Self-timer : 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay, selectable
- Shutter Type : Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Drive Mode : Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 frames selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- D-Range Optimizer : Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Auto Exposure Lock : Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu
- Exposure Compensation : +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV or1/2 EV steps selectable) with exposure compensation dial : +/- 3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Picture Effect(s) : 13 modes: Posterization (Color, (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal, Cool, Warm, Green, Magenta), Soft High-key , Soft Focus (High, Mid, Low), HDR Painting (High, Mid, Low), Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature(Auto, Top, Middle(H), Bottom, Right, Middle(V), Left), Watercolor, Illustration(High, Mid, Low)
- Exposure Settings : AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity : EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering : 1200-zone evaluative metering
- ISO : Still images: ISO 100-25600 equivalent (1/3 EV step), (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 200-25600 equivalent (1/3 EV step) / AUTO (ISO 200-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Noise Reduction : Long exposure NR: On / Off , available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec. High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Color Temperature : 2500 to 9900K & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps)
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Underwater/ Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps) / Custom AWB micro adjustment: G7 to M7 (15-steps), A7 to B7 (15-steps) Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Exposure Bracketing : Bracket: Cont. / Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
- AE Lock : Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
- Flash Bracketing : 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames selectable
- Flash Metering System : Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation : +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes : Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync, Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Wireless, Hi-speed sync.
- Focus Features : Eye-start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached (Sold separately)), Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock
- Manual Focus Assist : 35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x APS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x
- AF Illuminator : Built-in LED, Range: Approx. 0.3m - approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- Focus Sensitivity : EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Area : Wide (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L) / Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L))
- Focus Points : 35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF) APS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes : Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus System : Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- AF micro adjustment : Yes, (Sold separately) with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4
- Pixel Gross : 24.7 Megapixels (approx.)
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : 24.3 Megapixels (approx.)
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
- Imaging Sensor : 35mm full frame Exmor CMOS sensor (35.8 x 23.9mm)
- Vertical Grip Connector : Yes
- NFC : Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HDMI Terminal : HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- HD Output : HDMI micro connector (Type-D) BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI) PhotoTV HD 4K Still Image PB
- Wi-Fi : Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band) )
- Remote Commander : Yes, via optional RMT-DSLR2 (sold separately)
- Multi Interface Shoe : Yes
- Headphone Jack : Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Microphone Input : Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Peaking : Yes (Level setting: High / Mid / Low / Off, Color: White / Red / Yellow)
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes (On / Off)
- LCD Type : 3.0” (7.5cm) TFT (1,228,800 dots)
- Angle Adjustment : Up by approx. 107 degrees, Down by approx. 41 degrees
- Brightness Control : Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Grid Display : Yes (Rule of 3rds Grid / Square Grid / Diag. + Square Grid / Off)
- Customization : Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra : Yes
- Clock Function,Setting : Yes
- Area Setting : Yes
- Eye-Fi ready : Yes
- Shop Front Mode : Yes
- Help guide : Yes
- Battery Type : One rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- External Power : AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- Number of Still Images : Approx. 270 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 350 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation) : Still images: approx. 3.5W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached) Movies: approx. 4.2W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Compatible standards : Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Panorama Still Image Size : Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M) Horizontal Std: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M) Vertical Wide: 5,536 x 2,160 (12M) Vertical Std: 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Video Resolution : XAVC S Full HD - 1920 x 1080/60p@50Mbps Full HD - 1920 x 1080/30p@50Mbps Full HD - 1920 x 1080/24p@50Mbps *Class 10+ SDXC memory card is required for recording in XAVC S AVCHD™:
- PS - 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps
- FX - 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps
- FH - 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps
- FX - 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps
- FH - 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps
- HD - 1440 x 1080/30p@12Mbps
- VGA - 640 x 480/30p@3Mbps
- Audio Format : XAVC S: LPCM 2ch. AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3), 2ch., Dolby Digital Stereo Creator MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch.
- Video Format : XAVC S / AVCHD™ format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Mode : XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 MP4: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- Color Space : Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M) S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M) M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 3936 x 2624 (10M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2624 (10M) M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Still Image Mode : RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Media Type : Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 24.3 megapixels (approx.)
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in stereo microphone or XLR-K2M / ECM-XYST1M (sold separately) Built-in, monaural speaker
- Still Image File Format : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- 14bit RAW : Yes
- Flash sync. speed : 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter : Yes (On / Off)
- Display : Graphic Display; Display All Info.; No Disp. Info.; Digital Level Gauge; Histogram
- Brightness Control : Auto / Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Type : 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color) (2, 359, 296 dots)
- Field of View : 100%
- Magnification : Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1)
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- PlayMemories Camera Apps : Yes
- View on TV : Yes
- Send to Computer : Yes
- View on Smartphone : Yes
In The Box:
- SEL2870 lens
- Lens hood
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Rechargeable battery (NP-FW50)
- AC adaptor (AC-UUD11)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- Unit: 1.5 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Width: 5"
- Height: 3-7/8"
- Depth: 2-3/8"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One-Year Limited Warranty