K40 All-Band Radar and Laser Detector - RD950
- The K40 RD950 offers you superior protection from speeding tickets.
- The RD950 also features our innovative K-Band Filter. This filter helps eliminate false alerts from OEM radar-based accessories. No more K-Band alerts from adaptive cruise control or lane departure warning systems!
- K-Band Filter - Rejects alerts from vehicles on the road (including your own) equipped with radar-based safety features, such as collision avoidance, allowing you to concentrate on the real threats.
- Fully Programmable - Ten customizable menu settings allow you to program your RD950 to fit you and your driving environment.
- Flexible Mute Options - Offers multiple ways to silence alerts, including automatic volume reduction.
- Filter - Choose between three sensitivity options based on where and how you drive.
- Dim - Adjust the intensity of the display depending on the time of day or your visual preference.
- Accessories Included - Everything you need to install the RD950 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hardwired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Display - Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as provide a "Geiger" audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant Dot Matrix Display - Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment.
- K40's Exclusive RD950 Radar Detector Guarantees: If you get a radar or laser speeding ticket, we’ll pay for it.* - K40 was the first radar detector manufacturer in the world to offer a speeding ticket guarantee. Thirty-three years later, we are still the company with the confidence to back all of our products with this guarantee: All radar and laser speeding tickets covered in full, no questions asked, for one full year from the date of purchase.*
- Operating Frequencies:
- 10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band)
- 24.050 - 25.250 GHz (K band)
- 33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band)
- 830 - 945 nanometers (Laser)
- Power Requirements:
- 11.0 - 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
- 170 mA typical standby
|Detects all types of FCC approved police radar or laser signals at full sensitivity.
||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
||The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, KA and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.
||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and KA-Band sensitivity. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
- Programmable Features
- Voice Type - Male / Female
- Audible Voice - Voice On / Voice Off
- Wake Up - Wake Up Long (Full) / Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- POP Radar Band - On / Off - turning POP on will greatly increase alerts to non-police radar bursts
- X-Band - On / Off
- K-Band - On / Off
- KA-Band - On / Off
- Laser - On / Off
- Factory Reset
- Width: 2.728"
- Length: 4.572"
- Height: 1.124"
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Warranty
* Speeding ticket guarantee not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or incurred with a DUI violation. All tickets covered for first year of product ownership. Speeding ticket guarantee extension available.