JL Audio MX-Series Chrome 7.7" Marine Cockpit Coaxial System - 91882
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models. The oversized 7.7-inch design of the MX770-CCX results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). This gives them the ability to play louder and cleaner at high volumes than smaller speakers. The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance. A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. The Sport Grille's brilliant chrome finish, achieved through a unique multi-layer plating process, was developed through extensive testing to withstand the harsh sea environment for years to come. Although MX770-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 70 W
- Peak Music Power: 225 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.): 20 - 150 W
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Frame Outer Diameter: 7.70"
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter: 6.92"
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter: 4.27"
- Frontal Grille Protrusion: 1.00"
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 6.25"
- Mounting Depth: 3.15"