Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" With Retina Display 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 Laptop Computer - MF840LL/A
A groundbreaking Retina display. A new force-sensing trackpad. All-flash architecture. Powerful dual-core and quad-core Intel processors. Together, these features take the notebook to a new level of performance. And they will do the same for you in everything you create.
- Retina Display. Multimillion-pixel view.
When you pack so many pixels into a display — over 4 million on the 13-inch model and over 5 million on the 15‑inch model — the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can't discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism. A spectacular 2560-by-1600 resolution on the 13-inch MacBook Pro and an equally impressive 2880-by-1800 resolution on the 15-inch MacBook Pro let you see more of your high-resolution images with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. And text is so sharp, you'll feel like you're reading email, web pages, and documents on a printed page. The Retina display reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. Its high contrast ratio results in blacker blacks and whiter whites. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you'll see the difference at practically any angle. And you're going to love what you see
- The Force Touch trackpad. Press a little deeper, do a lot more.
With Multi-Touch in OS X, you can use realistic gestures like swiping or pinching to switch between apps, navigate your content, and get the most out of your desktop space. The new Force Touch trackpad on the 13-inch model takes all the capabilities of Multi-Touch and adds force sensors that detect subtle differences in the amount of downward pressure you apply. This lets you have a deeper connection to your content, bringing more functionality right to your fingertip. It also introduces haptic feedback to MacBook Pro — allowing you not just to see what's happening on the screen, but to feel it. Click and continue to press on the trackpad to enable new capabilities, like looking up a word's definition, previewing a file in the Finder, or creating a new Calendar event when you Force click a date in the text of an email
- Advanced Intel mobile processors. Dual-core. Quad-core. Serious power.
With the fifth-generation dual-core Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 processor, the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with Retina display lets you take your most performance-hungry apps on the road. That means wherever you can take your camera, you can take your entire digital photo studio. Hyper-Threading technology, which enhances performance by letting each core handle multiple tasks simultaneously, is included in every model. And with speeds up to 3.1GHz, shared L3 cache up to 4MB, and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.4GHz, these processors are ready for just about anything. The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display has the power to do even more amazing things. Fourth-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processors let you make quick work of even the most complex tasks in professional apps like Final Cut Pro X, thanks to speeds up to 2.8GHz, 6MB of shared L3 cache, and Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.0GHz. And every model comes standard with 16GB of superfast memory. All of which means the 15-inch MacBook Pro is ready to take on whatever you can dream up, wherever your travels take you
- High-performance graphics. A flawless onscreen performance.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display features Intel Iris Graphics 6100 to handle both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two. It's just another way this 13-inch MacBook Pro is small on size but big on performance. The 15-inch MacBook Pro has a phenomenal display — with the graphics power to match. Its fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor features Iris Pro Graphics with 128MB of embedded memory, which accelerates demanding graphics tasks by acting as an ultrafast cache. For even more impressive graphics performance, choose the 15-inch model that combines the power of Iris Pro Graphics with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. Thanks to 2GB of GDDR5 memory, you see many more frames per second in 3D games and get greater speed and responsiveness for all your video projects
- Long Lasting Battery. Up to a 10-hour charge.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro lasts up to 10 hours between charges, an hour longer than previously. And the 15-inch model lasts up to 8 hours.1 That's impressive battery life for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, state-of-the-art processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it's absolutely remarkable. The built-in battery gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles
- Ultrafast all-flash storage. There's a reason they call it "flash."
Thanks to the superfast read and write performance of the PCle-based flash storage, you'll notice a difference in whatever you do. Starting up is really fast, apps launch quickly, and navigating the desktop feels fluid and responsive. The 13-inch model features flash storage that's 2 times faster than the previous generation, letting you import huge photo libraries in no time flat.2 On the 15-inch model, flash storage works with quad-core processors and high-performance graphics to make quick work of even the most demanding Final Cut Pro X editing tasks. And since these MacBook Pro models come with up to 1TB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you.3 In addition, flash has no moving parts, so it's superdurable and quiet
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The definition of fast.
Meet the ultimate mobile creative studio — with the emphasis on mobile. Equipped with 802.11ac Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, you're free to unplug and still stay connected — to your network, to your wireless peripherals, and to the world. With AirPlay and Apple TV, you can wirelessly play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your MacBook Pro, all on your widescreen TV. And when your MacBook Pro connects to an 802.11ac Wi‑Fi base station, such as AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule, your wireless performance is up to 3x faster
- Thunderbolt 2. The world's most advanced I/O.
Fast and versatile, Thunderbolt 2 provides up to 20Gb/s of bandwidth to each external device. So you're more than ready for the next generation of high-performance peripherals and displays. You can connect massive amounts of storage and add a PCI expansion chassis. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can go all out by plugging in up to 12 external devices via Thunderbolt alone. Whether you choose the 13-inch or 15-inch model, you'll get two Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB 3 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot, and a headphone port. So in a matter of minutes you can build an entire professional studio with MacBook Pro as its centerpiece
- Audio and Visual.
You haven't heard it all until you've heard the speakers inside MacBook Pro. For something so thin and light, the sound is huge. And with a wide dynamic range, optimal balance, and a crisp, expressive quality, these speakers might sound too good to be true. That's because we labored painstakingly over the design to maximize the quality of every decibel you hear. Dual built-in microphones are great for when you want to be heard. If you're making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice — instead of the noise around you
- FaceTime HD Camera. Make your point with greater clarity.
Centered just above the widescreen Retina display on MacBook Pro is an advanced FaceTime HD camera, with an image sensor that produces accurate colors and reduced image noise even in low light. The sophisticated image processor produces sharper images and reduced motion blur. And the face detection feature automatically adjusts exposure and white balance to complement your face and skin tone, so you always look your best — no matter what lighting is behind you
- Backlit keyboard.
Thin and light, MacBook Pro is designed to go anywhere — including places with less-than-stellar lighting. A built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard and display brightness automatically. So you're never left in the dark
- iCloud. Everything you need. Anywhere you need it.
iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more from whatever device you're on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac, too. And it works both ways — create a to-do list on your Mac and you can make edits to it on your iPhone
- Powerful apps included. Get right to work. And play.
Out of the box, MacBook Pro is already a document-creating, number-crunching, presentation-sharing, photo-editing, movie-making, and music-producing powerhouse. That's because it includes six powerful productivity and creativity apps: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand — all of which have been beautifully updated for OS X Yosemite.6 Not to mention all the other incredible apps, including Safari, Mail, and iBooks, which are perfect for the things you want to do and the things you need to do. And, of course, there are thousands more apps to discover at the Mac App Store
- Retina display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Native resolution: 2560 by 1600 pixels (Retina); scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, and 1024 by 640 pixels
- 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache or 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache
- 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on up to two external displays, both at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI output supported using Mini DisplayPort adapters (sold separately)
- HDMI video output
- Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
- Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
- Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz
Connections and Expansions
- MagSafe 2 power port
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- Headphone port
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
- Support for audio line out (digital/analog)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
Battery and Power
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback
- Built-in 74.9-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe 2 power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–24° to
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- OS X Yosemite
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X Yosemite is intuitive and easy to use. It features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in amazing ways
- OS X Yosemite Includes:
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Drive
- Family Sharing
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Built-in Apps
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- Mac App Store
In The Box
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
- Height: 0.71"
- Width: 12.35"
- Depth: 8.62"
- Unit: 3.48 lbs
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Limited Warranty