Sony 128GB Black Walkman Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player, Model NW-ZX2BLK
Discover true audio performance with this Sony Walkman 128GB digital music player. A gold-plated copper chassis and high-powered circuitry combines with an S-Master HX digital amplifier to create impressive sounds wherever you go. It's the classic Walkman redefined for the digital age. It also includes Google Android that's controlled via a bright touchscreen and an aluminum chassis so that it's fully flexible and can handle the rigors of everyday life.
Every note from this Sony Walkman is processed perfectly thanks to the printed circuit board within, and a stable power supply with an ultra-low noise floor along with dual dedicated clock circuits create outstanding synchronization for distortion-free sound, even when the bass is turned up. And because this digital music player is a Sony Hi-Res music player, it can output audio at 24 bits, creating high sound fidelity and supporting high-resolution audio files so that you can hear music as the artist intended. Pair this Sony Walkman 128GB digital music player with an advanced pair of headphones so that you can listen to exceptional quality sound all day long.
- 128GB Walkman® Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player
- Compatible with DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, WMA and more
- Enjoy up to 60-hours MP3, and 33-hours Hi-Res playback on a single charge
- Bluetooth® with LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming
- Built-in, dual-band Wi-Fi, allows users to enjoy music stored on other DLNA enabled devices
- Portable HiFi redefined…
Beginning with high-efficiency, high-power circuit board, a sophisticated DAC, and a robust S-Master®HX digital amplifier we then layer the Google™ Android™ OS, a vivid TRILUMINOS™ touchscreen LCD and cap it off with a sleek and solid aluminum chassis. The end result is sweet, soothing, and natural sound that takes you back…
- That’s quite a music collection…
128 GB built-in flash memory allows for up to 2700 Hi-Res tracks (LPCM 1411kbps @ 4 minutes/song). When your collection starts to burst at the seams, you can easily expand memory capacity further using the included microSD slot (up to 256 GB ).
- Your Hi-Res favorite tracks, even in DSD!
The NWZ-ZX2 broadly supports the playback of many Hi-Res digital music file formats including: MP3, WMA, WMA lossless, WAV, FLAC, L-PCM, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DSF, and DSDIFF. For optimized playback, a user-selectable DSD filter allows for refined playback, either a slow roll-off ideal for expressive music and a warmer sound experience or sharp roll-off tailored for energetic music and a fuller sound benefitting from a sharp attack.
- Long battery life
A built-in, high-capacity, lithium ion battery coupled with power supply-line enhancements delivers enhanced battery life: up to 60 hours of audio playback (MP3)/ up to 33 hours (FLAC 192/24-bit) per charge.2
- Audio streaming maximized
Enjoy simplified, high-resolution Bluetooth® audio streaming with Sony LDAC™ codec and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology.3 Simply align your compatible devices via the NFC logos to activate or deactivate pairing and let the magic happen.
- Google™ Android™
Not just a familiar face, Google™ Android™ and dual-band WiFi® affords the ZX2 access to: Gmail, Google Search, Google+, Google Play Books, Music, Movies & TV, Games and the Google Play Store.
- Dual band WiFi®
Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® support also allows users to access and share music stored on other DLNA enabled devices.
- Vivid, touchscreen display
The 4.0” FWVGA TRILUMINOS™ LCD touchscreen display with OptiContrast panel delivers outstandingly vivid album artwork, photos, and even videos.
- Optimized chassis and controls
A gold-plated, copper chassis delivers high-rigidity with low impedance, the ideal base from which to deliver superb audio reproduction. Side-mounted controls allow for natural play/pause and track navigation when stowed in a jacket pocket or even when using the supplied leather carrying case.
A low-impedance, thick film, copper foil Printed Circuit Board Assembly optimized for superior power delivery, renders an ultra-low noise-floor for enhanced spatial response and tonality-a listening experience that sounds and feels real.
- Sophisticated sound
S-Master® HX digital amplification circuitry with enhanced power supply and high-power output stage delivers sophisticated and transparent audio reproduction.
- Dual clock oscillators
As is the case with our line of Hi-Res headphone DAC/Amplifiers, dual dedicated clock circuits allow for switching between 44.1kHz (44.1/88.2/176.4kHz, CD/DSD) and 48kHz (48/96/192kHz), depending on music file sampling frequency. The benefit of reducing DA conversion timing inaccuracies is enhanced sound stage integrity and audio response, for superior noise and distortion-free audio reproduction.
- DSEE HX
DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
- Drag, drop and go
With a Walkman® player, you are never tied to just one music service. Easily drag and drop files from either iTunes® or Windows® Media and enjoy.
- USB Digital output
When used with a compatible device, such as a PHA-3 Headphone DAC/Amplifier, pairing the two using the USB Digital output can result in lossless interconnectivity and a purer listening experience.
- Station Preset(s): Up to 30
- Audio Power Output: 15 + 15 mW
- Tuner: FM Tuner
- Tuner Frequency Range: 87.5 - 108.0 mHz
- Frequency Response: 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported:
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 5-384 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8-48 kHz
- FLAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16/24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- DSD: 1-bit at 2.8224 or 5.6448 Mhz
- Sound Mode: ClearAudio+ (On/Off); Equalizer; Clear Bass; Surround Sound; DSEE HX (On/Off); Dynamixc Normalizer (On/Off)
- Play Mode: Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMeTM channels
Bluetooth Features & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec: SLDAC and SBC codecs
- Display Technology: TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size: 4.0 inch (10.2 cm) FWVGA (854x480 pixels)
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx): 128 GB (expandable via optional microSD)
- Display: 4.6 in. FWVGA TFT display (854 x 480 pixels)
- System Requirements: IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems1:
- Windows® XP2(Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows® 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- 1- Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
- 2 - Excluding 64-bit OS versions.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote® MusicID® service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s): WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s): High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output: Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.): microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more)
- Memory Size: 128 GB, Actual available memory for media contents 113 GB (121,269,354,496 bytes)
- Power Type: Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (Approx):
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 60 Hrs.;
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 61 Hrs.;
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 43 Hrs. ;
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 33 Hrs. ;
- DSD @ 2.8224 Mhz/1 bit - 22 Hrs.;
- DSD @ 5.6448 Mhz/1 bit - 16 Hrs.;
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 9 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator: LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx): USB-based: 4.5 Hrs (full charge)
- Video Format(s) Supported:
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback: JPG: Max. image size 6,048 x 4,032 pixels PNG: Max. Image size 2,048 x 2,048 pixels
- Frequency Band: Bluetooth spec 3.0 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)
In the Box:
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide
- USB Cable (1)
- Leather Case (1)
- Spacer (1)
- Height: 5-1/4"
- Width: 2-5/8"
- Depth: 21/32"