Sony 128GB Black Walkman Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player, Model NW-ZX2BLK
- 128GB Walkman® Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player
- Compatible with DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, WMA and more
- Enjoy up to 60-hours MP3, and 33-hours Hi-Res playback on a single charge
- Bluetooth® with LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming
- Built-in, dual-band Wi-Fi, allows users to enjoy music stored on other DLNA enabled devices
- Portable HiFi redefined…
Beginning with high-efficiency, high-power circuit board, a sophisticated DAC, and a robust S-Master®HX digital amplifier we then layer the Google™ Android™ OS, a vivid TRILUMINOS™ touchscreen LCD and cap it off with a sleek and solid aluminum chassis. The end result is sweet, soothing, and natural sound that takes you back…
- That’s quite a music collection…
128 GB built-in flash memory allows for up to 2700 Hi-Res tracks (LPCM 1411kbps @ 4 minutes/song). When your collection starts to burst at the seams, you can easily expand memory capacity further using the included microSD slot (up to 256 GB ).
- Your Hi-Res favorite tracks, even in DSD!
The NWZ-ZX2 broadly supports the playback of many Hi-Res digital music file formats including: MP3, WMA, WMA lossless, WAV, FLAC, L-PCM, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DSF, and DSDIFF. For optimized playback, a user-selectable DSD filter allows for refined playback, either a slow roll-off ideal for expressive music and a warmer sound experience or sharp roll-off tailored for energetic music and a fuller sound benefitting from a sharp attack.
- Long battery life
A built-in, high-capacity, lithium ion battery coupled with power supply-line enhancements delivers enhanced battery life: up to 60 hours of audio playback (MP3)/ up to 33 hours (FLAC 192/24-bit) per charge.2
- Audio streaming maximized
Enjoy simplified, high-resolution Bluetooth® audio streaming with Sony LDAC™ codec and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology.3 Simply align your compatible devices via the NFC logos to activate or deactivate pairing and let the magic happen.
- Google™ Android™
Not just a familiar face, Google™ Android™ and dual-band WiFi® affords the ZX2 access to: Gmail, Google Search, Google+, Google Play Books, Music, Movies & TV, Games and the Google Play Store.
- Dual band WiFi®
Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® support also allows users to access and share music stored on other DLNA enabled devices.
- Vivid, touchscreen display
The 4.0” FWVGA TRILUMINOS™ LCD touchscreen display with OptiContrast panel delivers outstandingly vivid album artwork, photos, and even videos.
- Optimized chassis and controls
A gold-plated, copper chassis delivers high-rigidity with low impedance, the ideal base from which to deliver superb audio reproduction. Side-mounted controls allow for natural play/pause and track navigation when stowed in a jacket pocket or even when using the supplied leather carrying case.
A low-impedance, thick film, copper foil Printed Circuit Board Assembly optimized for superior power delivery, renders an ultra-low noise-floor for enhanced spatial response and tonality-a listening experience that sounds and feels real.
- Sophisticated sound
S-Master® HX digital amplification circuitry with enhanced power supply and high-power output stage delivers sophisticated and transparent audio reproduction.
- Dual clock oscillators
As is the case with our line of Hi-Res headphone DAC/Amplifiers, dual dedicated clock circuits allow for switching between 44.1kHz (44.1/88.2/176.4kHz, CD/DSD) and 48kHz (48/96/192kHz), depending on music file sampling frequency. The benefit of reducing DA conversion timing inaccuracies is enhanced sound stage integrity and audio response, for superior noise and distortion-free audio reproduction.
- DSEE HX
DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
- Drag, drop and go
With a Walkman® player, you are never tied to just one music service. Easily drag and drop files from either iTunes® or Windows® Media and enjoy.
- USB Digital output
When used with a compatible device, such as a PHA-3 Headphone DAC/Amplifier, pairing the two using the USB Digital output can result in lossless interconnectivity and a purer listening experience.
- Station Preset(s): Up to 30
- Audio Power Output: 15 + 15 mW
- Tuner: FM Tuner
- Tuner Frequency Range: 87.5 - 108.0 mHz
- Frequency Response: 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported:
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 5-384 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8-48 kHz
- FLAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16/24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- DSD: 1-bit at 2.8224 or 5.6448 Mhz
- Sound Mode: ClearAudio+ (On/Off); Equalizer; Clear Bass; Surround Sound; DSEE HX (On/Off); Dynamixc Normalizer (On/Off)
- Play Mode: Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMeTM channels
Bluetooth Features & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec: SLDAC and SBC codecs
- Display Technology: TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size: 4.0 inch (10.2 cm) FWVGA (854x480 pixels)
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx): 128 GB (expandable via optional microSD)
- Display: 4.6 in. FWVGA TFT display (854 x 480 pixels)
- System Requirements: IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems1:
- Windows® XP2(Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows® 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- 1- Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
- 2 - Excluding 64-bit OS versions.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote® MusicID® service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s): WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s): High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output: Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.): microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more)
- Memory Size: 128 GB, Actual available memory for media contents 113 GB (121,269,354,496 bytes)
- Power Type: Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (Approx):
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 60 Hrs.;
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 61 Hrs.;
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 43 Hrs. ;
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 33 Hrs. ;
- DSD @ 2.8224 Mhz/1 bit - 22 Hrs.;
- DSD @ 5.6448 Mhz/1 bit - 16 Hrs.;
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 9 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator: LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx): USB-based: 4.5 Hrs (full charge)
- Video Format(s) Supported:
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback: JPG: Max. image size 6,048 x 4,032 pixels PNG: Max. Image size 2,048 x 2,048 pixels
- Frequency Band: Bluetooth spec 3.0 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)
In the Box:
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide
- USB Cable (1)
- Leather Case (1)
- Spacer (1)
- Height: 5-1/4"
- Width: 2-5/8"
- Depth: 21/32"