Fitbit Surge Large Black Fitness Super Watch - FB501BKL
Train smarter. Go farther.
Tracks GPS, continuous heart rate, all-day activity stats and sleep. Includes smart notifications and music control.
- GPS Tracking
See distance, pace and elevation climbed & review routes and split times
- PurePulse™ Heart Rate
Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate & simplified heart rate zones
- All-Day Activity
Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed & active minutes
Record running, cross training and cardio workouts & view workout summaries
- Long Battery Life
Lasts longer than competing trackers with a battery life up to 7 days
- Notifications + Music
See call & text notifications on display and control songs from your mobile playlist
- Auto Sleep + Alarms
Monitor your sleep automatically & set a silent alarm
- Wireless Syncing
Sync stats wirelessly & automatically to leading smartphones and computers
- Create your own path. Track it with GPS.
Don’t just start. Surge—with run time, distance, pace and elevation stats on display. Review routes and split times after you run them, and scroll through workout summaries to stay on track while you train..
Purepulse™ Heart Rate
- Pursue your passion.
Maximize training, maintain intensity and monitor calorie burn with automatic wrist-based heart rate monitoring. With continuous heart rate readings, Surge keeps you in the zone—all day and during workouts.
No straps. No clips. No guessing.
- All-Day Activity
Life on the move. Stats on display.
Built with eight-sensor technology and best-in-class battery life, Surge transitions seamlessly from work to workouts—tracking real-time stats like steps, distance, heart rate, active minutes, calories burned and more, to keep you in the know, on the go.
- Track it. See it. Beat it.
With multi-sport functionality, Surge lets you track every aspect of your training. Now you can record running, cross-training, hiking, cardio workouts and more, and use comprehensive workout summaries to measure your performance and gauge your improvements over time.
Notifications + Music
- Work hard. But, also, work better.
Designed with advanced smartwatch features, Surge lets you run your day, your way. Text and call notifications keep you on your game throughout the day, while music control helps you find the motivation you need to prepare for a big meeting or beat your best in a big rac
Auto Sleep + Alarms
- Quantiied sleep. Quality data.
Make the most of your day by getting more out of your night. Surge automatically monitors how long and how well you sleep, syncs those stats to your smartphone and computer, and displays your trends as detailed charts on the Fitbit dashboard. Plus, it has a silent alarm to make waking up easy—even if your training isn’t.
- See what you've done, then do more.
Surge automatically and wirelessly syncs to your computer and 120+ leading smartphones—showing your stats as detailed charts and graphs—so you can access your progress anywhere.
Everything you need, all in one place.
- A Seamless App Experience from Devices To Dashboard
- See Progress
View your progress and analyze your trends with easy-to-read charts and graphs
- Record Workouts
Log workouts, track run and hike stats, map routes & see a monthly exercise calendar
- Share & Compete
Invite friends and family to share stats, send cheers and taunts, and compete on the leader board.
- Log Food
Log food fast with a barcode scanner, calorie estimator, meal shortcuts & expanded food database
- Earn Badges
Get goal progress notifications & celebrate Fitness milestones with badges
- Large: Size large fits wrists 6.3"- 7.8"
- Monitor: 0.82"x0.96"
Sensors and Components:
- 3-axis accelerometers
- 3-axis gyroscope
- Digital compass
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
- Touch screen
- Monochrome LCD
- Backlight for low light visibility
Battery and Power: We recommend charging your Surge every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
- Battery life: lasts up to 7 days
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Tracks 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.
- Tracks daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times
- Sample rate for GPS is 1 Hz
- Surge has been tested up to 5 ATM meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Surge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
- If the band gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on. Clean the band with a mild soap-free cleanser like Cetaphil or Aquanil. Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off every now and then. Learn more.
- Surge’s wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. Surge also has a surgical-grade stainless steel buckle.
- Operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
Syncing: Surge syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 120+ leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
- Syncing range: 20 feet
- Notifications: Text and call via Bluetooth 4.0
- Music control: via Bluetooth Classic
- Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port
- Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- fitbit Surge
- Charging cable
- Wireless sync dongle