JL Audio Single 8W3v3 MicroSub+ Subwoofer System - AACP108LG-W3v3
Amplified Subwoofer System with Single 8W3v3-0.40 Subwoofer Driver, Built-In 250W Class D Amplifier, Black Carpet - Ported Enclosure
With MicroSub+™ systems, the power is built right into the subwoofer system. Housing a proprietary Class D amplifier, this incredible subwoofer system utilizes our exclusive DCD™ amplifier technology to extract maximum output from its specially engineered, ultra low-impedance W3v3 driver. By combining direct power conversion with an ultra-high current output section, DCD™ amplifiers are free of conventional switching power supplies, enabling them to generate remarkable power with unprecedented efficiency.
Key to the enclosure's performance is its efficient slot-ported design and precise tuning of its 8Wv3 subwoofer driver. Extensive interior bracing permits the use of thinner wall material that maximizes the enclosure's internal volume relative to its exterior volume. The port wraps around two walls of the enclosure to produce the necessary low tuning frequency that ensures excellent extension and response smoothness. The flared port entry and exit further enhance sound quality by minimizing air-flow noises through the port.
Integration to OEM and aftermarket head units is a snap thanks to a variety of input options and automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC offset sensing). Also included is a variable frequency low-pass filter (50-200 Hz), along with output polarity control switch. Adding an optional RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately) lets you control subwoofer levels directly from the driver's seat. A quick-disconnect power connector makes it easy to remove the subwoofer when you need the extra space. As with all MicroSub™ systems, these amplified versions produce the kind of output and extension normally associated with much larger systems.
Note: DCD™ amplified systems use very specific components. Never use a DCD™ amplifier or its companion subwoofer(s) with incompatible, non-DCD™ products. Doing so will void the warranty and may cause severe damage.
- Finish: Black, high-grade automotive carpet with silver "JL AUDIO Built In USA" embroidery on front baffle. A steel mesh grille is included to protect the subwoofer driver.
- Construction: CNC-Cut High-Grade MDF
- Amplifier power: Built-in DCD™ Class D amplifier (250 W @ 0.40 Ohms)
- Nominal Impedance: 0.40 Ohms
- Enclosure and Subwoofer Made in USA
- Continuous Power Handling: Built-in amplifier 250 W @ 0.40 Ω
- System Nominal Impedance: 0.40 Ohms
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: 70 mV-1.40 V RMS
- Input Voltage Range @ High-Level Inputs: 280 mV- 5.4 V RMS
- Recommended Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 8 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 30 A (ATO or ATC)
- Enclosure Type: Slot-ported, Low-profile
- Finish: Black carpet
- Grille Included: Black Steel Mesh
- Filter Modes: Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope (dB/Octave): 12dB
- Filter Frequency Range: 50-200 Hz
- Output Polarity Switch: Yes
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control: Optional (RBC-1)
- Unit: 19.9 lbs
- Shipping: 25 lbs
- Width: 18.5"
- Height: 11.125"
- Depth: 5.125"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Year Parts And Labor