Leica Q Black Digital 35mm Compact Camera, Model 19000
A PIONEER BY TRADITION
SHARE THE EXPERIENCE of "Das Wesentliche" Pushing the limits of what is technically possible whilst being extraordinarily focused on what is essential for photography. A concept that's that has been behind every Leica camera for more than a hundred years. From the Oskar Barnack original to the new Leica Q.
WRITE WITH LIGHT day and night With the fastest lens in its class and full-frame sensor, you can rely on your Leica Q in every situation. Even in adverse lighting conditions, images of stunning quality can still be achieved.
NEVER MISS A MOMENT with high speed technology Decisive moments only ever happen once. They're never repeated. The Leica Q functions at high speed, so you're always able to capture them.
‘Combine what is technically possible with what makes sense photographically.‘ A concept that has been epitomised by Leica since Oskar Barnack laid the foundations for 35 mm photography more than a hundred years ago, with the original Leica.
This concept has been central to our company’s philosophy - based on the art of engineering on one hand, and on visionary risk-taking on the other. A philosophy that leads to innovation, rewriting photographic history again and again. As it has with the new Leica Q, a camera which continues this groundbreaking Leica tradition with a full-frame sensor and a fixed-focus lens.
Whether your subject involves depth of field, an available-light situation or a macro photography shot, the Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. provides everything you need to express yourself photographically. Its classic 28mm focal length is perfect for street, architectural and landscape photography. Its lens, the fastest in its class, combined with a specially designed 24 MP CMOS full-frame sensor, provides detailed images of unsurpassed quality: up to ISO 50,000.
The integrated viewfinder of the Leica Q is activated as soon as the camera is brought up to the eye. It faithfully displays the camera's image at any time, right down to the smallest detail and without any perceptible delay. With its resolution of 3.68 MP, it surpasses all other electronic viewfinders. The autofocus is also outstanding, capturing with ultimate sharpness at maximum speed. The new Maestro II series processor works extremely rapidly and allows a serial image speed of up to 10 frames per second at full resolution. And of course, the images are instantly available as a JPEG in playback mode.
Intuitive, ergonomic, pragmatic. The controls of the Leica Q provide quick access to all relevant options and opportunities. For example, auto-focus can be set either using buttons or via the touch screen. Prefer to focus manually? Then let the innovative Live View aids "Focus-Peaking" and "Live View Zoom" assist you. Easy to use, the Leica Q helps you implement your ideas perfectly - at the press of a button.
The built-in Wi-Fi module on the Leica Q makes it easy to share your pictures and videos on social networks. Images can be downloaded to your smartphone, tablet or computer via WLAN and the complimentary Leica Q app. The app also allows the Leica Q to be operated remotely. For example, set the time and aperture on your device and use it as a remote-control release. In this way, blur-free long exposures and recordings are possible from unusual angles – and also as moving images. What's more, you can record video in Full-HD and web-friendly MP4.
The Leica maxim 'focusing on the essentials' also applies to the Leica Q's exterior design. Made in Germany, the high quality materials and outstanding craftmanship guarantee maximum durability. The top cover is milled from a solid aluminium block, while the housing is finished in magnesium and all labels and markings on the adjustment wheels are laser engraved. The thumb rest on the back of the camera and the diamond pattern of the exterior finish make the Leica Q beautifully easy to grip.
- Order no.: 19000
- Camera type: Digital 35mm compact camera.
- Picture format/ aspect ratio:
- Lens: Leica Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH., 11 elements in 9 groups, 3 aspherical elements.
- Digital frame selector (digital zoom):
- Selectable: approx. 1.25 x (corresponds to focal length of 35mm) or approx. 1.8 x (corresponds to focal length of 50mm).
- Image stabilization: Optical compensation system for photo and video recordings.
- Aperture range: 1.7 to 16 in 1⁄3 EV increments.
- Picture sensor/ resolution: CMOS sensor, 26.3/24.2 million pixels (total/effective).
- Dynamic range: 13 aperture stops.
- Color depth: 14 bit.
- Photo capture format:
- Selectable: DNG + JPEG, JPEG.
- DNG/JPEG resolution:
- Focal length 28mm:
- Megapixels (6000 × 4000 pixels)
- Megapixels (4272× 2848 pixels)
- Megapixels (2976 × 1984 pixels)
- Megapixels (1600 × 1080 pixels)
- Focal length 35mm:
- Megapixels (4800 × 3200 pixels)
- Megapixels (3424× 2288 pixels)
- Megapixels (2384× 1592 pixels)
- Megapixels (1280 × 856 pixels
- Focal length 50mm:
- Megapixels (3360 × 2240 pixels)
- Megapixels (2400 × 1600 pixels)
- Megapixels (1680 × 1120 pixels)
- Megapixels (896 × 600 pixels).
- Video recording format: MP4.
- Video resolution/ frame rate:
- FHD: 1920 x 1080 p with 60 or 30 fps.
- HD: 1280 x 720 p with 30 fps.
- Sound recording format: AAC.
- Microphone: Stereo.
- Lautsprecher: Mono.
- Storage media: SD/SDHC/SDXC, multimedia cards, speed class: UHS-1.
- ISO range: Automatic, ISO100 to ISO 50000
- White balance: Automatic, default settings for: daylight, cloudy, halogen lighting, shadow, electronic flash, two manual settings with measuring, manual color temperature setting.
- Color space:
- Selectable for photos: sRGB, Adobe® RGB, ECI RGB
- Videos: sRGB.
- Sharpness/saturation/ contrast: Each selectable in 5 steps, also available as option in saturation .
- Focusing range: 30 cm to ∞, with macro setting from 17cm.
- Focus setting: Automatic (autofocus) or manual focusing, option of magnifying function and edge marking (focus peaking) available for manual setting.
- Autofocus system: Contrast-based autofocus system.
- Autofocus modes: AFS (shutter release only after successful focusing), AFC (shutter release possible at any time), AF setting can be saved.
- Autofocus metering methods: Single zone (adjustable), multi-field (49 zones), face recognition, subject tracking, optional setting/shutter release by touching the monitor.
- Exposure modes: Automatic program, aperture priority, shutter speed priority and manual setting.
- Scene modes: Fully automatic, sport, portrait, landscape, night portrait, snow/beach, candlelight, sunset, digiscoping, miniature effect, panorama, time lapse.
- Exposure metering methods: Multi-field, center-weighted, spot.
- Exposure compensation: ±3 EV in 1⁄3 EV increments.
- Automatic bracketing: Three exposures in graduations of up to 3 EV, can be set in 1⁄3 EV increments.
- Shutter type: Mechanical and electronical.
- Shutter speeds: 30 s to 1⁄2000 s with mech. Shutter 1⁄2500 s to 1⁄16000 s with electr. shutter, in 1⁄3 increments, flash synchronization up to 1⁄500 s.
- Picture series:
- Selectable: 10/5/3 fps (H/M/L).
- Self-timer: Delay time either 2s or 12s.
- Viewfinder: Electronic LCOS display, resolution: 1280 × 960 pixels x 3 colors (=3,68 MP), aspect ratio: 4:3, eyepiece: ±3 diopters, with eye sensor for automatic switching between viewfinder and monitor.
- Monitor: 3" TFT LCD monitor with approx. 1,040,000 pixels, touch control possible.
- WLAN: Satisfies IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard WLAN protocol), channel 1-11, encryption method: WLAN-compatible WPA™/ WPA2™, access method: infrastructure mode.
- NFC: According to JIS X 6319-4 standard/13.56 MHz.
- Connections: Micro USB socket (2.0), HDMI socket.
- Power supply:
- Leica BP-DC12 lithium ion battery, rated voltage 7.2V DZ
- Capacity: 1200mAh.
- Charger: Leica BC-DC12, input: 100–240V AC, 50/60Hz, automatic switching, output: 8.4V DC; 0.65A
- Body: Leica design made completely of extremely light magnesium and aluminum, two eyelets for the carrying strap, ISO accessory shoe with center and control contacts to connect flash units, such as the Leica SF26.
- Lens filter thread: E49.
- Tripod thread: A 1/4 DIN 4503 (1/4").
- Scope of delivery: Camera, carrying strap, lens hood, lens cap, accessory shoe cover, battery, charger, power cable (EU, US, local power cable), USB cable.
- Height: 3.15"
- Width: 5.12"
- Depth: 3.66"