Sony 20mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Prime Camera Lens - SAL20F28
This lens gives you a wide angle of view with minimum distortion. It's an ideal choice for covering spread-out scenes that you can't get far enough away from to cover with a "normal" lens.
- Circular Aperture
When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the light sources appear blurred. This 'bokeh' effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens. Conventional aperture blades have flat sides creating unappealing polygonal shaped defocussed points of light. α lenses overcome this problem through a unique design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result.
- Rear focusing elements
Only the rear groups of the optical system move to focus the lens, which allows for speedy AF operation and a shorter minimum focusing distance. Since the front of the lens does not rotate, operability is improved when shooting with a polarizing filter attached.
- Depth-of-Field: Yes
- Lens Mount Type: Sony A-mount
- Distance Scale: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.6” (25cm)
- Magnification: x 0.13
- Lens Groups-Elements: 9 groups, 10 elements
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Lens Type: Wide Angle & Wide Angle Zoom
- Lens Weight: 10 oz (285g)
- Aperture (Max.): f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/22
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 30mm (35mm Equivalent: 20mm)
- Aspheric Elements: no aspheric
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Diameter: 2-3/8"
- Length: 3-1/8"
- Unit: 10 oz
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor