Energy Star Rated - Yes
Friedrich Kuhl 36,000 BTU 9.0 EER 230V Window Air Conditioner, Model SL36N30B
Wireless Control, Astounding results.
Kühl is a game-changer. It's tough. It's durable. It's powerful. Now it's wireless.
Access units remotely, create schedules, group units for zone cooling, lock out unit-level controls, all from your computer or tablet. Use your smartphone to adjust temperatures, activate schedules and turn units on and off.
- Comfort and Durability
- Commercial-grade durability
- Advanced programmable 7-day thermostat (requires internet access)
- Significant energy saving over standard controls when programmability is used to optimize ON/OFF schedule and temperature
- 24-hour timer
- 4 cooling and 4 fan-only speeds*
- Automatic fan speed adjustment
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the set temperature
- 8-way air-flow control
- Auto-changeover on models with heat (excludes EQ08)
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature or room temperature.
- LCD panel automatically dims if not in use
- LCD settings lockout option (ON/OFF) prohibits occupants from changing temperature
- Auto restart, long-term flash memory saves settings. Clock is backed up by 7-year battery.
- Sealed control panel protects from dust, moisture and contaminants
- Control module is separate from touch controls for better protection from the elements, abusive handling or accidental damage, and to minimize repair costs
- Premium remote control allows user to activate schedule, adjust temperature and fan speed or select auto-fan
- Sound Reduction
- Technology Extra-thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside
- Steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Precision engineering and unique airflow path maximize air flow while delivering ultra quiet operation
- Vibration-isolating design and components diminish traditional operating sound levels
- Maintenance and Installation
- Electronic maintenance indicators include check filter reminder and error code storage
- Sleeve dimensions have remained the same for 20+ years for easy replacement
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for maintenance
- Unit installs in a window or through a wall
- Unit includes heavy duty window installation hardware (optional accessory on Kühl+models)
- Rugged hardboard side panels for a more permanent installation
- Power cord can run either left or right
- Defrost control protects coil against freezing
- Firm grip handles for easier chassis installation and removal
- Nut driver included for front cover assembly
- Health and IAQ
- Washable antimicrobial air filter
- Optional premium dual-stage carbon filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air-filtration rating as high as MERV 6, reducing ozone and VOCs Link to Accessories
- Superior fresh-air intake and stale air exhaust vents offer additional air quality control
- Hinged door for easy filter access
- Safety and Security
- EntryGard™ anti-intrusion protection deters kick-in intrusions by securing the unit in the sleeve with a steel retaining wire
- LCDI power cord current leakage protected
- Unique aluminum grille protects unit from damage
- Insect barrier
- Energy Management & Compliance
- Smart Grid Capable
- Two optional energy management schedules
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- R-410A refrigerant
- RoHS compliant
- ENERGY STAR® qualified models, including Heat Pumps
- Recyclable packaging
- Cooling Capacity (Btu/hr): 36000/35500
- EER: 9.0/9.0
- Voltage: 208/230
- Cooling Amps: 17.5/19.2
- Air Circulation: 725 cubic feet per minute
- Est. Yearly Operating Costs: $360
- Moisture Removal: 12.0 pints/hour
- Operating Temperatures (Cooling, °F): 60-115
- Performance Certifications: AHAM, UL, cUL
- Min. Extension Into Room: 5-3/8"
- Min. Extension Outside: 18-15/16"
- Sleeve Size: L
- Height: 20-3/16"
- Width: 28"
- Depth: 35-1/2"
- Depth to Louvers: 16-1/2"
- Min. Height: 21"
- Min. Width: 29-7/8"
- Max. Width: 42"
- Height: 20-3/8"
- Width: 28-1/4"
- Max. Wall Depth: 15-1/8"
- Unit: 212 lbs
- Shipping: 250 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 1 Year Parts and Labor
- 5 Years Sealed Refrigerant System