Brother Wireless Monochrome Laser All-In-One Printer - MFC-L2740DW
The Brother™ MFC-L2740DW is a reliable, affordable monochrome laser all-in-one with an up to 35-page automatic document feeder for home or small office use. This desk-friendly, compact all-in-one has an up to 250-sheet capacity tray, connects with ease via wireless networking or Ethernet, and prints and copies at up to 32ppm‡. Automatic duplex printing, plus single-pass duplex scanning and copying. 2.7" color TouchScreen Display for intuitive menu navigation. Print from compatible mobile devices over your wireless network‡. Scan documents to a variety of destinations, including popular cloud services‡. High-speed faxing. 1-year limited warranty plus free phone support for life of your product.
- This Compact Laser All-in-One with Easy-to-install Wireless Networking, Automatic Duplex Printing/Scanning/Copying, Color TouchSreen Display, and Mobile Device Connectivity Provides Fast, Low-cost Output for Your Home Office or Small Office.
The Brother™ MFC-L2740DW is a fast, reliable monochrome laser all-in-one designed squarely with the Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) user in mind. Its compact, desk-friendly size is ideal for smaller offices where working space is at a premium, and it prints and copies sharp, professional black and white pages at up to 2400 x 600dpi resolution. It offers the added benefits of time-saving single-pass duplex scanning, copying, and faxing from the automatic document feeder, so it's ideal for the small office that has the need to duplicate, digitize and share double-sided documents. Thanks to its fast print speed of up to 32ppm, and automatic duplex printing, it's ideal for printing business documents including multi-page reports, spreadsheets, invoices, and more.
- The MFC-L2740DW offers multiple connectivity options, plus an easy-to-use 2.7” TouchScreen Display.
Brother designed the MFC-L2740DW to make it easy to connect to a wireless network using the wireless assistant that walks you through set up. You don’t need a USB cable, and you won’t even need to know your wireless network password. Share the machine with others on a wireless network using 802.11 b/g/n or wired network via Ethernet, or connect to a single computer using a USB cable1 via the Hi-Speed USB port. Using the machine is equally easy. The simplified control panel lets you tap on the 2.7” TouchScreen Display and keypad to navigate menus, change settings, and create custom shortcuts for frequently used settings.
- Easily digitize and share documents with advanced scanning capabilities.
The MFC-L2740DW features a built-in document glass for high-quality copying, faxing, and color scanning. It allows users to scan documents to a file, image, optical character recognition (OCR), email, cloud destinations2 and Microsoft® SharePoint®3. Don’t waste time manually scanning two-sided documents on the scan glass. Load them in the up to 35-sheet capacity automatic document feeder, and easily capture both sides of each page in a single pass for time-saving, unattended multi-page document scanning and copying.
- Web Connect interface2 and Free Brother Cloud Apps4 add a new dimension of functionality.
You can access popular cloud services directly from your internet-connected MFC-L2740DW from the TouchScreen Display using the Web Connect2 interface. Scan to and print from specific web services without using a computer. Access DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, BOX, ONEDRIVE®, ONENOTE® and more. The MFC-L2740DW also comes with a suite of pre-installed, innovative Brother Cloud Apps4 that you access directly from the machine’s TouchScreen Display. You’ll be amazed by the functionality of these document management and sharing apps.
- Print wirelessly from your mobile device5 using AirPrint™, Wi-Fi Direct®, and more.
The MFC-L2740DW gives you a full menu of choices for connecting to Apple®, Android™, Kindle Fire™, Windows® Phone, or Blackberry mobile devices via5: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace and also Wi-Fi Direct®, which allows you to print wirelessly from a computer or mobile device without the need for a router.
- Budget-friendly acquisition price and low-cost printing.
The MFC-L2740DW is priced attractively for SOHO users who are keeping a close eye on their budgets. Users can also enjoy a reduced cost per page and lower total cost of ownership by using high-yield 2,600-page6 replacement toner cartridges (TN-660, sold separately), and automatic duplex printing is a great way to help reduce paper consumption. The MFC-L2740DW is ENERGY STAR® Qualified and offers a Toner Save mode to reduce toner use when you are printing less critical business documents as well as N-in-1 printing to help reduce paper and toner usage by combining multiple pages onto one sheet of paper.
- Flexible paper handling for busy SOHO environments.
The MFC-L2740DW is ideal for small offices and home offices, thanks to its adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray that handles letter or legal size paper and a manual feed slot with a straight through paper path that ensures jobs printed on letterhead and envelopes always look their best.
- At Your Side with Award-winning Performance and Free Phone Support for the Life of Your Product.
At Brother, our goal is to provide you with printers and all-in-ones that you can depend on to consistently deliver high performance, reliability, and value for your business. But don’t just take our word for it. In 2013, Brother Printers and All-in-Ones were recognized as #1 for Reliability and #1 for Overall Satisfaction in the PCMag.com Business Choice Awards, an annual reader-driven survey on hardware, software, and services used in business environments. But our commitment doesn’t stop there: we offer a one-year limited warranty on the MFC-L2740DW and stand behind your purchase with FREE phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always at your side.
- Additionally, a survey of Brother color and monochrome laser printer and all-in-one customers revealed that 93% of Brother laser owners are satisfied with the reliability of their Brother laser printer and that 91% of Brother laser owners would recommend Brother laser printers to a friend, family member or colleague.
- Advanced Duplex Capabilities. Two-sided printing help save paper. Plus, scans both sides of the page in a single-pass for fast, two-sided copying, scanning, faxing.
- Fast printing and copying. Help improve your productivity with print and copy speeds of up to 32ppm and produce professional output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi.
- 2.7" Color TouchScreen Display. Offers intuitive navigation and easy scanning to popular cloud services including DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE® ONENOTE and more
- Convenient mobile device printing & scanning. Print from your mobile device via‡:AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®. Plus, wirelessly scan to your mobile device with the Brother™ iPrint&Scan app.
- Flexible connectivity. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces for sharing with multiple users on your network or connect locally to a single computer via its USB interface.
- Flexible paper handling. Features an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper. Plus, a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelopes, labels or thicker media.
- Versatile, high-quality color scanning. High quality color scanning with a variety of "scan to" and advanced scanning features, including ID Scan, Blank Page Skip and more.
- Customer support. The Brother™ MFC-L2740DW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
- Print Technology:
B/W Laser Technology
- Consumable Type:
Toner Cartridge & Drum Unit
- Max. Black Print Speed (ppm):
- Print Resolution (maximum dpi):
Up to 2400 x 600 dpi
- Printer Driver Compatibility†: Windows® & Mac OS®
- Emulation(s): PCL6 & BR-Script3‡
- Copying Capability:
- Design Style: Flatbed
- Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡: 35-Page ADF
- Max. Black Copy Speed (cpm)
- Stand-alone Copying:
25% - 400%
- Sorting Function:
- Duplex Copying:
- N in 1 Function: 2in1 / 4in1
- Poster Function:
- Document Glass: Size
Letter / A4
- ID Copy:
- Scanning Capability: B/W & Color Scanning
- Duplex Scanning: Yes
- Max. Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)†: Up to 19200 x 19200 dpi
- System Requirements
Optical Scan Resolution (dpi):
600 x 2400 dpi
- Mobile Device Scanning App‡:
Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your mobile device.
- "Scan To" Feature†:
Email, Image, OCR, File, Email Server (download), FTP, Microsoft® SharePoint®
- Scan File Formats: TIFF / BMP / MAX / JPG / PDF / Secure PDF / PNG / XPS
- Scanner Driver Compatibility†:
- Document Viewer Software†:
Includes Scansoft PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- OCR Software†: Includes Scansoft PaperPort® SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®
- Fax Modem Speed:
33.6K bps Fax Modem
- PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†:
- Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡: Approx. 2.5 seconds per page
Duplex Faxing: Yes
- Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡:
- Out-of-Paper Reception:
- External TAD Interface:
- Broadcasting (# of locations):
Yes (250 locations)
- Quick Scan (Memory Transmission)‡: Approx. 2.5 sec/page
Fax/Telephone Switch: Yes
- Document Memory Backup: Yes
- Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡:
250-Sheet Input Capacity
Output Paper Capacity (sheets): 100 sheets
- Optional Paper Capacity (sheets):
- Duplex Printing Capability:
- Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray:
Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, B5
- Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed:
Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 4.57-14" (l))
- Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (max/min): 16 - 28 lbs.
- Sheet Weight - Manual Feed (max/min):
16 - 43 lbs.
- Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height):
- Max Input of ADF (Width/Height): 8.5"/14"
- Sheet Weight - ADF (max/min): 17 - 24 lbs.
- Recommended Paper Brands:
Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb.
Labels: Avery Laser Label White #5160
Connectivity & Compatibility
Standard Interface(s): 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Optional Interface(s):
- Standard Network Features†:
Printing, Scanning, PC Fax
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡:
AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct®
- Web Connect‡:
DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, ONEDRIVE, ONENOTE, BOX, FACEBOOK™, FLICKR® and PICASA Web Albums™
- Industry Specific Certifications:
Performance Matters™ Certified
- Brother Cloud Apps‡: Scan to Office, Outline&Copy, Outline&Scan, Easy Scan to Email, NoteScan
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4):
ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP, FTP Server, SNMPv1/v2/v3, HTTP Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP VClient, POP3, IMPAPA4
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv6): NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/ Port 9100, IPP, FTP Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP Server, TFTP Client and Server, SMTP Client, ICMPv6, LLTD responder, Web Services (Print/Scan)
- One-Push Wireless Setup: AOSS™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- LCD Display: 2.7" TouchScreen Display
- Standard Memory (MB): 64MB Memory
- Optional Memory (MB):
- Toner Save Mode:
- Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡:
10,000 printed pages
Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡:
250 to 2,000 pages
- Wireless Network Security:
WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Security Functions: Secure Function Lock, Setting Lock, Secure Print
Power & Operating Requirements
- ENERGY STAR®: Qualified
- Power Source:
AC 120V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption - Sleep/Ready/Copying:
5.8W / 60W / 510W
- Operating Environment: Temperature:
- Operating Environment: Humidity:
20-80% (w/out condensation)
- Machine Noise (Ready/Copying):
30 dB / 53 dB
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡
- (1) Starter Toner (Approx. 700 pages)
- (1) DR630 (Approx. 12,000 pages)
- Carton Contents
- (1) Starter Toner Cartridge (yields approx. 700 pages‡)
- (1) DR630 Drum Unit (yields approx. 12,000 pages‡)
- Quick Setup Guide and Basic User's Guide
- AC Power Cord
- Telephone Line Cord
- Installation CD-ROM
Conditions for the MFC-L2740DW
- "In-box" Consumables/Yield‡: Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4). Drum yield is approx., and may vary by type of use. For more information see www.brother.com/pageyield.
- Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡: Max. capacity based on using 20 lb. paper.
- Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡: Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.
- Brother Cloud Apps‡: Requires internet connection.
- Emulation(s): BR-Script3 is PostScript®3™ compatible
- Fax Page Memory‡: Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.
- Mobile Device Compatibility‡: Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG.
- Mobile Device Scanning App‡: Requires connection to a wireless network.
- Quick Scan (Memory Transmission)‡: Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and standard resolution.
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡: The recommended range of monthly printed pages to achieve the best possible performance and printer life. Printers are intended to handle occasional usage beyond this range with little or no effect. Consistently printing above the recommended print volume, however, may adversely affect the print quality or life of the machine. It is always best to choose a printer with an appropriate recommended print volume to allow for any anticipated increase in printing needs.
Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡ Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper.
- Web Connect‡: Requires Internet connection and an account with a desired service. See www.connectprintshare.com for more details. FLICKR is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc. GOOGLE DRIVE and PICASA are trademarks of Google, Inc. Use of these trademarks are subject to Google Permissions. EVERNOTE is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
- Height: 12.5"
- Width: 16.1"
- Depth: 15.7"
- Unit: 25.8 lbs
- Shipping: 32 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor