Brother ImageCenter Compact Color Desktop Scanner With Duplex and Wireless Networking, Model ADS-1000W
The Brother™ ImageCenter™ ADS-1000W Desktop Scanner offers powerful features for your home office or small business in a sleek, compact design. Using the 20-page capacity auto document feeder, this scanner is able to capture single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 16ppm‡, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as single-page documents up to 34" long, receipts, business cards, photographs, and embossed plastic cards using the rear card slot. Wireless network connectivity makes the ADS-1000W simple to connect and share among multiple users, and the easy-to-use TouchPanel display enables one-touch scanning to common destinations including PC, e-mail, FTP, USB flash drive‡, and mobile devices using the free iPrint&Scan app‡. The included suite of scanning software, including receipt, desktop document and business card management programs, makes the ADS-1000W the complete scanning package for your small office.
- Wireless Network Connectivity: Plus USB interface for local connections
- Fast Scan Speeds: Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 16ppm
- Multi-Page Scanning: From the 20-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF)
- Easy-to-Use TouchPanel Display: For one-touch scanning to common destinations
- High-Precision Scanning: Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated
- Versatile Media Handling: Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more - from business card size up to 8.5"(W) x 34"(L)
- Advanced Scanning Features: Including background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, auto crop, and auto image rotation
- Various Scan-to Destinations: Including file, image, e-mail, OCR, FTP, USB flash drive‡, and mobile devices via the free Brother™ iPrint&Scan app
- Bundled with a Valuable Software Suite: Including desktop document and business card management, OCR, and receipt managment programs
- Receipt Management Software: Includes BR-Receipts‡, offering organization of scanned receipts and data exporting to Quicken® and QuickBooks®
- Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® compatible
- Outstanding Support: Includes a one-year limited warranty plus free phone support for the life of the product
- Wireless Enabled Duplex Document Scanner Packs Business-focused Features, Including an Automatic Document Feeder and an Easy-to-use TouchPanel Display into a Compact, Desk-friendly Size.
The Brother™ ImageCenter™ ADS-1000W Desktop Scanner offers powerful features for business including two-sided scanning, wireless 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity, a Touch Panel display, and an up to 20-page capacity auto document feeder, all in a compact design. It captures single- and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 16ppm1. Great for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as documents up to 34" long2, receipts, business cards, photographs, and laminated identification cards via the rear card slot.
- Advanced scanning functionality in a space-saving design.
The ADS-1000W connects to your wireless network, or to a single machine via USB interface, to scan at up to 1200x1200 dpi (interpolated) and 600x600 dpi resolution (optical). Its compact footprint, along with advanced scanning features such as deskew support, blank page removal, auto image rotation and background removal, make it great for a home office or small business that regularly scans and digitizes printed information, but may not have space for a larger scanner.
- Scanning to a variety of local or shared destinations thanks to the easy-to-use TouchPanel display.
The ADS-1000W gives you the option to scan to a number of different destinations to help you manage your documents and workflow. You can also scan to your USB flash drive3, or to compatible mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app4, or scan to a file, email, or image. You can also scan to a shared folder, email server, or FTP, to save, distribute, and share information.
- Bundled with a robust suite of scanning software to enhance document management.
The ADS-1000W includes an enhanced package of scanning software to help you manage and distribute information and reduce the need to store and reference hard copy documents:
- Nuance™ PaperPort™ 12 SE (Windows®) and Presto!® PageManager® 9 (Mac®)
- Manage all of your scanned documents, as well as the other documents on your computer
- Scan to Microsoft® Office® formats, as well as Microsoft® SharePoint (Windows® only)
- Scan, convert, organize, repurpose, and share PDF documents
- Quickly merge multiple files of differing formats from various folders into one multi-page PDF
- Scan to E-mail, Folder, OCR, and searchable PDF
- Presto!® BizCard® (Windows®/Mac®)
- Scan and export contact information from business cards directly to Microsoft® Outlook® and other contact management systems
- Sort contacts by company group, category, and first or last name
- Brother™ Control Center (Windows®/Mac®)
- Configure advanced scan settings for different scan-to destinations and store them for frequent use (ie: dpi resolution, file format, duplex scanning)
- Includes BR-Receipts - Quicken® and Quickbooks® compatible receipt management software.
The ADS-1000W includes BR-Receipts, software that captures information from scanned receipts. BR-Receipts also lets you export your receipt data into Quicken® and Quickbooks® software to help simplify bookkeeping and reporting5.
- Brother Scanners are compatible with the way you do business.
The ADS-1000W features industry-standard drivers, including TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, and SANE6, to help enable easy integration for scanning documents into a wide variety of popular applications. Plus, it's compatible with Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® operating systems!
- Brother is at your side with outstanding customer support.
We offer a one-year limited warranty on the ADS-1000W and stand behind your purchase with FREE phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always at your side.
- Scanning Speed: Up to 16 pages/minute (monochrome & color)
- Two-Sided (Duplex) Scanning: Yes
- Duplex Scan Speed: Up to 16 pages/minute (monochrome & color)
- Automatic Document Feeder: 20-sheet capacity ADF
- Standard Interface(s): Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Networking Capability: Yes (Wireless LAN)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™: Yes
- Direct Scanning Destinations:
- USB flash memory drive
- Maximum Paper Capacity: Up to 20 sheets (ADF)
- Scanning Modes: 24-bit color, 8-bit (256 levels) gray scale, 1 bit monochrome
- Max. Optical Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Max. Interpolated Resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Image Sensor: Dual CIS
- Daily Duty Cycle: Up to 500 scans per day
- Web Connect: No
- Mobile Device Compatibility: Yes (Brother™ iPrint&Scan)
- Searchable PDF: Yes
- Background Removal: Yes
- Blank Page Removal: Yes
- Deskew Support: Yes
- USB Direct Interface: Yes
- Plastic Card Scanning: Yes (including embossed)
- Software Included:
- Nuance™ PaperPort™ 12SE (Windows®)
- Presto!® PageManager® 9 (Mac®)
- Presto!® BizCard® 6
- Control Center 4 (Windows®)
- Control Center 2 (Mac®)
- Acceptable Media Types:
- business cards
- plastic/laminated cards (including embossed)
- Max. Paper Size (single sheet): 8.5" x 34"
- Max. Paper Size (multiple sheets): 8.5" x 11.7"
- Max. Paper Size (duplex mode): 8.5" x 11.7"
- Media Weights (single sheet): 14 lb. - 53 lb.
- Media Weights (multiple sheets): 14 lb. - 29 lb.
- Minimum Paper Size: 2.0" (W) x 2.76" (L)
- Plastic Card Thickness: 0.4mm - 0.76mm / Embossed up to 1.4mm
- Plastic Card Sizes (min. / max.): 2.0"(W) x 2.76"(L) / 2.17"(W) x 3.74"(L)
- Scan Drivers Included: TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE
- Power Source: AC Adapter (110-120 V, included)
- Power Consumption: Ready = 4.0W / Deep Sleep = 1.5W / Scanning = 14W
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified: Yes
- Operating System Compatibility:
- Windows® XP
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 8
- Mac® OS X v10.6.8 - v10.8.x
- Supported Network Protocols (IPv4):
- APIPA(Auto IP)
- WINS/NetBIOS name resolution
- DNS Resolver
- LLMNR responder
- Custom Raw Port/Port9100
- FTP Client and Server
- HTTP/HTTPS server
- TFTP client and server
- Web Services (Scan)
- SNTP Client
- Operating Environment:
- Operating Environment:
- Temperature: 41°F - 95°F (5°C - 35°C)
- Carton Contents:
- ADS-1000W Scanner
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Receipt Carrier Sheet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation DVD
- User's Guide (accessible from DVD)
- Warranty Sheet
- Product Registration Sheet
- Height: 3.3"
- Width: 11.2"
- Depth: 4.1"
- Unit: 3.3 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited