Universal Remote Control Compact Network System Controller, Model MRX8
Perfect beginning for home control
The MRX-8 controller is the ideal way to make the move to adding simple yet powerful automation to your home. Small in size but big on value, this piece can sit in any room in the house or a central equipment rack and deliver robust control of all your entertainment, lights, security, door locks, temperature and more. Ideal for small to mid-range homes, offices, condos and the like, this robust central control center stores and issues automation commands for all of your components throughout the house over your home network. By adding URC sensors, you can instantly improve your daily routines via automation in many ways. Whenever a window is opened during cold months, the heat can automatically turn off to save energy. And, through automation of lights, porch lamps can switch on at a set time nightly.
Possibilities for total control are endless. The system allows you to easily add on other products including URC LED or Vivido™ wireless lighting, streaming music players, intelligent thermostats and more, as your family expands or other lifestyle changes occur. These additional features and conveniences make it easy to control multiple devices at once with one button press—even in any additional room—at any time. You can conveniently reduce the amount of time you take to leave the house thanks to preset commands that allow you to lock all doors and switch off all lights, TVs, radios or anything else you control with one touch of a button.
Thanks to the MRX-8's off-site programming feature, you won't have to wait at home until the service truck arrives for service. Your installer can make updates from their shop giving you scheduling flexibility and convenience. The MRX-8 offers rock-solid reliability, phenomenal functionality and virtually limitless control possibilities.
- Ideal URC® central controller/processor for small to mid-range homes, condos, one room applications and the like
- Stores and issues commands and macros for all IP, IR, RS-232, Relay and Sensor controlled devices in one system
- Provides two-way communication with Total Control® remotes, touchscreens, keypads and URC Mobile™ for both iOS and Android™ devices
- Offers control of countless popular third-party products including Sonos® music players, Lutron® lighting, Honeywell® and DSC security systems and many others
- Expandable via LAN and URC MRX-series sub-base stations (MRX-2)
- Routes commands to IR, RS-232, Relays and Sensors to multiple sub-base stations
- Automation capability: Unlimited IP one-way control. Controls up to 32 audio/video zones
- Accepts TRF-UZ1 for two-way operation with the TRC-780 remote control and the THZ-100 thermostat
- Ethernet: One 10/100 Base T (Indicator LED)
- IR: Six (6) variable IR outputs
- RS-232: Two (2) ports (support TX, RX and GND two-way communication)
- RFTX-1 Output Port: One (1) (shared IR)
- Relay: One (1) dry relay configurable to be NO, NC or Momentary
- Sensors: Two (2) sensor ports support all URC sensors
- AC Power: DC 12V/1A 100-240v power supply
- Height: 4.72"
- Width: 9.76"
- Depth: 1.10"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Year Limited