StarTech 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express eSATA Controller Card, Model PEXESAT32
The PEXESAT32 2 Port PCI Express 6Gbps eSATA Controller Card offers simple connectivity between a host computer and eSATA 3.0 devices - a cost-effective solution for connecting high-speed storage, such as High RPM Hard Drives and Solid State Drives (SSD), which in turn allows for easier data backups and archiving.
With full support for SATA 3.0 hard drives and data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps, the adapter card features a native PCI Express single chipset that provides enhanced compatibility, reliability and performance for external SATA 600 MB/s storage needs.
The controller card is backward compatible with SATA 2.0 devices, providing the versatility to use older storage, and features support for RAID 0 and 1 modes as well as port multiplier capability with command-based and FIS-based switching for connecting multiple external hard drives to a host PC through a single external SATA connection.
A dual profile solution, the eSATA controller card includes a low profile/half-height bracket for installation in slimline or small form factor computer cases.
- Supports SATA Rev 3.0 transfer speeds up to 6.0Gbps; backward compatible with SATA I/II at 1.5/3.0Gbps
- Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported
- Supports RAID 0 and 1 modes
- Uses existing SATA I/II connectors and cabling
- LED headers for HDD activity LED indicators
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and ATA/ ATAPI commands
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 standards
- Ships with a full profile bracket install, low profile included
- Adding multi-drive external raid storage solutions, with support for full SATA 3.0 data transfer rates of up to 6Gbps
- A cost-effective solution for streaming multimedia or archiving video, relying on the impressive speeds offered by SATA 3.0 (up to 6Gbps)
- Bus Type: PCI Express
- Card Type: Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)
- Chipset ID: Marvell - 88SE9128
- Interface: eSATA
- Ports: 2
- LBA support: 48-bit
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 6 Gbps
- Port Multiplier: Yes
- RAID: Yes
- Supported RAID Modes:
- RAID 0 (Striped Disks)
- RAID 1 (Mirrored Disks)
- Type and Rate: SATA III (6 Gbps)
- Connector Type(s): 1 - PCI Express x1 Male
- External Ports: 2 - eSATA (7 pin; Data) Plug
- Microsoft WHQL Certified: Yes
- OS Compatibility:
- 8 / 8.1 (32/64bit)
- 7 (32/64),
- Vista (32/64)
- XP (32/64)
- Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
- OS® 10.6 and up (Tested up to 10.10)
Special Notes / Requirements
- The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps. Only one port can use the Port Multiplier feature at a time.
- Humidity: 15~90% RH
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- 1 - eSATA 6Gbps PCI Express Card
- 1 - Low Profile Bracket
- 1 - Driver CD
- 1 - Instruction Manual
- Height: 0.8"
- Width: 4.7"
- Length: 2.8"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Limited Lifetime