Audiofrog GS Series 4" Coaxial Car Speakers - GS42
Designed as an easily installed premium upgrade, the GS42 includes a proprietary injection-molded ABS and fiberglass vented basket. Ease of installation is ensured with a fabric dome neodymium tweeter that extends a mere 3.75 mm above the surround–sure to fit under factory grilles. The tweeter faceplate includes a small waveguide designed to boost the tweeter's low frequencies and ensure a smooth transition to the midrange. That transition is also controlled by a 12dB/octave high pass filter and 6dB/octave low pass filter. The entire crossover network is mounted to a PC board integrated into the basket, which also secures the terminals. The GS42 includes a 1" copper voice coil wound on a Kapton® former for superior power handling.
The GS42 can be used as a full range speaker or combined with a GS60 in an active system.
- Injection molded ABS plastic and fiberglass vented basket
- Parabolic polypropylene cone
- 1" (25mm) copper voice coil on Kapton® former
- Flat progressive Nomex® Spider
- Ferrite magnet
- 3/4" fabric dome neodymium tweeter
- Tweeter includes reflection absorbing and diffusing foam pad
- Low-profile tweeter waveguide helps to provide smooth transition to the midrange
- Fast-on terminals secured with integrated PC board
- Integrated passive crossover (12dB/octave high pass and 6dB/octave low pass)
- Grille included
- Nominal Impedance: 4Ω
- RMS Power Handling: 50 W (with recommended crossover)
- Peak Power Handling: 150 W (with recommended crossover)
- Frequency Response: 90 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1 M): 88 dB
- Recommended Amplifier RMS Power Range: 15 W – 75 W
- Thiele And Small Parameters:
- Revc: 2.33 Ω
- Levc@1kHz: 0.08 mH
- Sd: 50.30 cm²
- Mmd: 3.14 g
- Mms: 4.19 g
- Cms: 287 µM/N
- Vas: 1.02 liters
- Fs: 145.8 Hz
- BL: 3.06 TM
- Qms: 5.74
- Qes: 0.99
- Qts: 0.80
- Xmax (1-way linear): 3.2 mm (5/32')
- Basket Displacement: 0.113 liters (0.004ft³)
- Cut-out diameter: 3-11/16"
- Overall Diameter: 4-11/32"
- Overall Diameter Including Mounting Tabs: 4-13/16"
- Mounting Depth: 1-29/32"
- Mounting Height: 15/32"