Shun Classic Stainless Steel 5.5" Santoku Knife - DM0727
Stocking your kitchen is all about getting the tools that work best for you. May we suggest you try the Shun Classic 5 1/2-inch Santoku? In size, it's between our small and full-sized santoku. This in-between weight and size make it perfect for medium-sized kitchen tasks, from slicing carrots and shallots to mincing herbs to cutting chocolate or butter. Cooks with smaller hands or those who simply prefer a smaller, lighter knife may find that this smaller santoku becomes a top go-to knife. Some cooks have told us they use it in place of a paring knife for some tasks or love it for cutting up fruit for breakfast.
The Shun Classic 5 1/2-in. Santoku is part of the Shun Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery. The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
- A smaller, lighter santoku you’ll reach for again and again
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 5.5 in. (14.0 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Steel: VG-Max cutting core clad with 34 layers of SUS410 stainless
- Handle: "D" shaped Ebony-black PakkaWood
- Blade: 5.5 in. (17.8 cm)