Audioengine A2+ White Powered Desktop Speakers, Model A2+W
Audioengine 2+ (A2+) Premium Powered Desktop Speakers
- Excellent sound with elegant simplicity and a new standard for computer audio
- Versatile connections, including USB digital audio and subwoofer output
- Designed for your desktop but also sounds great across the room
The award-winning Audioengine 2 speakers just got better. With a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC), the Audioengine 2+ allows you to send high-quality digital audio direct from your computer's USB port. We've also added an output to connect a subwoofer and you can even go wireless with the optional Audioengine W3 adapter. The Audioengine 2+ is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iDevice.
- Upgrade your Audio
The Audioengine 2+ is the new standard for computer audio and these small, but high-performance speakers are the perfect upgrade for your computer. Everyone knows the difference between custom-built, small batch products and the disappointment of mass-produced and over-marketed products. The A2+ was designed and hand-built with the goal of exceeding expectations of both value and performance.
- Brotherly Love
The Audioengine 2+ is about one-third the size of our flagship Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and an ideal size for your desktop or smaller room. We used the same custom tweeters as in the Audioengine 5+, matched them with compact Kevlar woofers, then added high-performance amplifiers with high-quality connectors. All this great engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
- Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass
To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2+ is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was teased from the A2+ with some clever acoustic and electrical design without using any digital signal processing or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots.
- Versatile and Efficient
The A2+ was designed for your desktop but their superb soundstage and imaging also makes them the perfect choice for across the room. Well-suited for all your music, movies and games, the A2+ sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar analog design as the Audioengine 5+, the A2+ power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker providing a very efficient system. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
- Easy Connections
The A2+ features analog amplifiers that are built into the left speaker, while the right speaker is passive so setup is simple. Just plug the left speaker into AC power and connect the included speaker wire from left to right. We've included minijack, RCA, and USB inputs for easy connection to your computer or iDevice and other cables you may need are included. There is no software or plug-ins to install and A2+ works with any computer or music player. The A2+ also has a variable RCA output for connecting a subwoofer, upgraded connectors, improved accessory cables, and a redesigned power supply.
- Minding the Gap
The Audioengine 2+ sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality for Powered Multimedia Speakers and further closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- 30 Day Audition*
We've created a product with the sound, looks, and overall quality of systems priced much higher. Purchase the Audioengine 2+ desktop speakers from our online store and try them out in your home or office. However, if you're not completely satisfied, simply contact us for return instructions and ship the product back in the original packaging in like-new, undamaged condition within 30 days of purchase and we'll give you a full refund of your purchase price.
*30-day trial is only available for product purchased directly online from the Audioengine store.
- Built-in analog power amplifiers
- Dual analog audio inputs
- USB audio input
- Hand-finished wood cabinets
- Variable audio output
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Power-saving idle mode
- Cables included
- Works with Mac or PC, no software to install
- Designed for desktop use, but will fill a room
- Works With:
- iDevices and all music players
- Internet radio and network music systems
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- Flat panel TVs with an analog output
- CD and DVD players
- Videogame consoles
- Digital radio and satellite receivers
- All products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs!
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) multimedia desktop speaker system
- Amplifier type: Dual class AB monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS / 30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, RCA, USB
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out
- Input voltages: 110-240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- SNR: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: -50dB
- Freq. response: 65Hz-22kHz ±2.0dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- DAC: TI/Burr Brown PCM2704C
- Input bit depth: up to 16 bits native
- Input sample rate: up to 48KHz native
- USB device class: type 1.1 or above
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
Materials and Construction
- 6.35mm thick MDF cabinets
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 2.75" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Audioengine designs and manufactures our own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely custom-designed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly in our speaker factory we have custom-made to our designs (parts such as toroidal transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example). The cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, amplifiers, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires much less power than traditional AV stereo receivers and passive speakers.
Based on Studio Monitor Designs
- Studio monitor speakers are used by producers and engineers in recording and production studios. They are designed with a theoretical flat frequency response which allows the engineer to create a final mix in such a way that the recorded music will sound good on most other speakers. Although Audioengine speakers are not designed to be up-close "nearfield" studio monitors, we do carry over much of the same higher-end technology, components, and design philosophy for Audioengine speakers.
- Audioengine uses audiophile quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The custom woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are very robust, therefore speaker grills aren't needed. In other words, we did our homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. Each cabinet contains tuned, front-port slots. Both speakers are tuned and tested together and sold in pairs.
- The amplifiers in Audioengine speakers are located in the left speaker and are a very conservatively rated analog design. Each subsystem is tuned together for all models, which provides a much more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and separate amplifiers. Circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection (a good thing).
- Both drivers are magnetically shielded and allow the user to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard-drive digital music players.
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- Power supply
- AC power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Microfiber cable bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure
- Each Speaker:
- Height: 6"
- Width: 4"
- Depth: 5.25"
- Left: 3.55 lbs
- Right: 3.15 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Years Parts and Labor