Sony Alpha a7S II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body - ILCE-7SM2/B
Admire the quality of the photographs taken with this Sony Alpha a7S II mirrorless camera. The mirrorless design reduces the weight and size of the camera significantly, as it eliminates the pentaprism that's found in traditional DSLRs, yet it doesn't compromise on functionality, as you can adjust settings such as aperture and shutter speed straight from the camera body without having to use the menu. The full-frame sensor in this mirrorless camera ensures maximum light gathering and allows you to rapidly take photos of up to 12.2 megapixels.
In-body stabilization compensates for shake and yaw, letting you take images even when the light is falling. Fast autofocus produces outstanding photos when your subject is moving quickly, and vivid color is assured courtesy of the BIONZ X digital image processing, which dumps information in 14-bit RAW for outstanding color depth. When you want to share photos to social media from this Sony digital camera, use the integrated Wi-Fi or NFC, and then take a video using the 4K movie option for impressive detail from this Sony Alpha a7S II mirrorless camera.
- Extreme sensitivity, wide dynamic range
With sensitivity settings that can extend up to ISO 409600 1 plus extra-wide dynamic range, the α7S II can record images in spectacular and subtle detail, from shadows to highlights, under virtually any lighting conditions. The remarkable clarity and lack of noise in stills and movies that you shoot help to realize results that you've been aiming for.
- Exmor CMOS for extra sensor perception
Capture stills and movies of richer, more natural gradation. The 35 mm full-frame 12.2-megapixel 2 image sensor achieves wide dynamic range with very low noise throughout a vast ISO 50-4096001 sensitivity span. Large pixels, gapless on-chip lens structure and other light capture advances allow use of extra-high shutter speeds for low-light shooting.
- Smart, speedy BIONZ X image processing engine
The newly refined image processing algorithm of the BIONZ X optimizes image sensor performance for superior depiction of details in stills and movies throughout all sensitivity ranges. This image processing engine realizes image quality of such fine nuance and minimal noise, particularly at the mid- to high-sensitivity setting.
- Internal 4K movie recording and XAVC S format 3
The α7S II can record 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) movies internally in full-frame format. Full pixel readout4 without pixel binning produces 4K movies with less moiré and jaggies. Support for XAVC S format 3 enables 4K recording at maximum of 100 Mbps, for highly detailed footage with less impact from compression noise. * Internal recording and HDMI output, both at 4K resolution, are available in full-frame format.
- S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3
With these new profiles, dynamic range can be widened up to 1300% for smoother gradations, and color grading, correction and handling is easy. S-Log3 gamma tonal reproduction is better from shadow to mid-tone (18% grey). The camera's 14-stop latitude in S-Log3 setting is impressive. S-Gamut3.Cine reproduces the wide color gamut of DCI-P3 color space. S-Gamut3 reproduces almost all actual colors suitable for archiving.
- Movie functions improve professional workflow
With new functions such as 120fps Full HD recording, 4x/5x slow motion recording and Gamma Display Assist joining enhanced Zebra function, time code/user bit editing and other moviemaking capabilities in its feature set, the α7S II solidly supports professional workflow, giving you greater latitude to produce more moving visions than ever before.
- 5-axis optical image stabilization
Equivalent to using a 4.5-stop 5 faster shutter speed, this system is effective at compensating for five types of camera shake. The camera integrates extraordinary image stabilization and sensitivity to light to let you use a greater range of shutter speed/ISO/aperture settings to express what you aim to capture in handheld stills or movies.
- Fast Intelligent AF for levels as low as EV -4
With 169 AF points (25 contrast-detection points, plus nine central AF points each divided into 16 segments, for a total of 25+(9x16)), this speedy, accurate system ensures subject detection accuracy when shooting stills even under low-visibility conditions with lighting as low as EV -4. Moreover, AF speed for shooting Full HD movies is twice as fast as in the α7S.
- 0.78x magnification XGA OLED Tru-Finder™
With the world's highest 6 magnification and ZEISS® T* Coating, this electronic viewfinder delivers stunning clarity and contrast with minimal reflection and instantly shows how exposure compensation, white balance and other settings affect images. You can also use Gamma Display Assist and Zebra functions while shooting movies using the viewfinder.
- Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximize the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
- Silent Shooting
Silent Shooting mode lets you mute shutter sound whenever noiseless operation is required, such as when shooting wildlife or concert photos. This function can be used with 5fps 7 continuous shooting, so you needn't miss a crucial moment, and can be assigned to a customizable button, so it can be turned On and Off more intuitively.
- Wi-Fi/NFC simplifies sharing
With Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) built into the α7S II, you can instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet simply by touching it with the camera, then easily upload the photo or movie to your favorite SNS (social networking site).
- Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony) One of the world's best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution. *Please direct all inquiries on purchase, usage and support on Capture One solutions to Phase One.
Free Download (Go to Phase One Website)
- 120fps Full HD and 4x/5x slow motion recording
Featuring full pixel readout without pixel binning, 120fps (100fps) capability and ultra-high sensitivity, the α7S II shoots low-noise, high-frame-rate Full HD movies like no other camera. 120fps (100fps) capability also allows internal recording of 4x/5x slow motion movies with frame rate set at 30p (25p) or 24p.
- New Gamma Display Assist function
This new function lets you view images with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting, converting S-Log2 and S-Log3 into ITU709 (800%) gamma for monitoring 8 images or checking focus while enlarging an image, on the LCD screen or viewfinder
- Enhanced Zebra function
This function makes it easier to monitor exposure, especially when shooting in S-Log gamma setting. Select a video signal level target from 0 to 109, apply a range to it, then the zebra pattern indicates image areas reaching that level or range. The new wider video signal level selection and ability to assign a range simplify exposure adjustment.
- Picture Profile
It's very useful to tailor the look of your movies even before shooting them by adjusting image characteristics via Picture Profile settings for gradation, color adjustment and detail. Save and recall up to nine profiles (PP1-PP9) of adjusted parameters with other settings, including new ones for S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3.
- Clean HDMI output
This function supports 4K 9 and Full HD and allows uncompressed movie output to an external recorder or monitor. The image can also be recorded in the camera 10 even while signals are output using this function. The included cable protector guards jacks and prevents cables from disengaging accidentally, so you can shoot with greater assurance.
- Tough magnesium alloy body
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the α7S II's compact body is built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front, and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy.
- 500,000-cycle shutter durability
The camera's shutter passes the test of high durability and endurance through 500,000 11 cycles, as a shutter braking mechanism reduces mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50% 12, minimizing camera shake, image blur and shutter sound. Use of the electronic front curtain cuts vibration even more.
- Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are smoothly crafted for you to operate intuitively and adjust immediately even as you look through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been particularly refined and positioned for easier, more efficient handling and turning. Also, a new mode dial locking mechanism prevents inadvertent changes of shooting mode at all times.
- ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed
Prevent blur in a shot of a moving subject by setting a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing when ISO AUTO (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR) is selected.
- More precise white balance adjustment
The α7S II offers more white balance adjustment steps (twice as many on the amber-blue axis; four times as many on the green-magenta axis) than the α7S, so you can finely tune white balance with more subtle precision for more natural colors.
- Enhanced Eye AF
Now also available in AF-C focus mode, Eye AF automatically detects and tracks an eye of even a moving subject, for more framing freedom.
- Expand Flexible Spot
Expand Flexible Spot has been added to AF Area selection. If the selected AF point is not positioned on your subject, the α7S II automatically uses AF points surrounding the selected point to support precise focus.
- Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses 13
5-axis image stabilization lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount Î±7S II extends compatibility with a range of lenses.
- Bright Monitoring
This function that boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
- Focus Magnifier & Peaking function
You can clearly magnify the image to simplify manual fine-tuning of the focus whether shooting still images or movies. The Peaking function can also be activated to colorize the most sharply focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
- Power supply via USB
The α7S II can be powered via USB connection to a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the camera's battery, allowing you extended operation without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the same USB connection can be used to charge the battery.
- Creative Style
Creative Style settings bring out the character of your scene. Simply select any of 13 settings (Vivid, Portrait, etc.) and the camera will adjust image parameters. You can also fine-tune contrast, saturation 14 and sharpness to suit your preference.
- Picture Effect (13 modes)
Convert everyday scenes into works of art by applying innovative Picture Effect modes that adjust camera parameters and apply advanced image processing with real-time previews for most effects. You can choose from 13 modes, including Toy Camera, Posterization, HDR Painting, Miniature, Watercolor and Illustration.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps add personal touches
Sony's application download service lets you add new functions and capabilities to your camera. There are apps for photo and movie effects to enhance and express your creativity, and others to allow your smartphone to function as a camera's remote control, for example.
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount lenses
- Lens Mount: E-mount
- Sensor: 35 mm full frame (35.6 x 23.8 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx.12.2 MP
- Number Of Pixels (Total): Approx.12.4 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3 : 2
- Anti-Dust System: Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
- Recording Format (Still Images): JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (Pixels), 3:2: 35 mm full frame L: 4240 x 2832 (12M), M: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), S: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), M: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), S: 1376 x 920 (1.3M)
- Image Size (Pixels), 16:9: 35 mm full frame L: 4240 x 2384 (10M), M: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), S: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), M: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), S: 1376 x 776 (1.1M)
- Image Size (Pixels), Sweep Panorama: Wide: Horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: Horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Raw Output: 14 bit
- Uncompressed Raw: Yes
- Picture Effect: 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1–6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Color Space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe® RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Recording Format: XAVC S/AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant/MP4
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch, XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch
- Image Size (Pixels), NTSC: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100 Mbps, 30p/60 Mbps, 24p/100 Mbps, 24p/60 Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50 Mbps, 30p/50 Mbps, 24p/50 Mbps, 120p/100 Mbps, 120p/60 Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps/PS, 60i/24 Mbps/FX, 60i/17 Mbps/FH, 24p/24 Mbps/FX, 24p/17 Mbps/FH); MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6 Mbps)
- Image Size (Pixels), PAL: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100 Mbps, 25p/60 Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50 Mbps, 25p/50 Mbps, 100p/100 Mbps, 100p/60 Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28 Mbps/PS, 50i/24 Mbps/FX, 50i/17 Mbps/FH,25p/24 Mbps/FX, 25p/17 Mbps/FH); MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28 Mbps, 25p/16 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6 Mbps)
- High Frame Rate Recording: NTSC: 1920 x 1080 (24p/12 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), PAL: 1920 x 1080 (25p/16 Mbps)
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off / PP1-PP9) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode (Movie, Still, Cinema, Pro, ITU709 Matrix, White&Black, S-Gamut, S-Gamut3.Cine, S-Gamut3), Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions: Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector,Gamma Display Assist
- Color Space: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Compatible Recording Media:Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™ (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Storage Media Slot: Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo™/ SD memory card
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR: Auto/ISO 100 to 409600
- White Balance Modes: Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- Awb Micro Adjustment: G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type: Contrast-detection AF
- Focus Point: 169 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV -4 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Af Mode: Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (169 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Other Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.98-9.8 ft), AF ON
- Metering Sensor: Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity: EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes: AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie / High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) )
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing: Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock: Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity: Still images: ISO 100-102400 (expandable to ISO 50-409600), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-102400 equivalent (expandable to ISO 100-409600 equivalent), AUTO (ISO 100-12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type: XGA OLED, 0.51 in (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color)
- Number Of Dots: 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder): Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.78x (with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m-1)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Eye Point: Approx. 23 mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Display: Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-Time Image Adjustment Display: On/Off
- Screen Type: 2.95 in (3.0 type) TFT drive
- Total Number Of Dots: 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control (Lcd): Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle: Up approx. 107 degrees, down approx. 41 degrees
- Display Selecter (Finder/Lcd): Auto/Manual
- Lcd Display: Display Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-Time Image Adjustment Display (Lcd): On/Off
- Focus Magnifier: 35 mm full frame: 4.2x, 8.3x, APS-C: 2.7x, 5.4x
- Zebra: Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Peaking MF: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection: On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing: Yes
- Clear Image Zoom: Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Smart Zoom (Still Image): M: Approx. 1.5x, S: Approx. 2.0x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image): Approx. 4x
- Digital Zoom (Movie): Approx. 4x
- Playmemories Camera Apps™: Yes
- Lens Compensation: Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Zoom Ring Rotate: Yes
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed: Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step) NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode) PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes, On/Off
- Silent Shooting: Yes, On/Off
- Steadyshot: Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect: 4.5 stops (Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/Yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off)
- Flash Control: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation: +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Bracketing: 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- FE Level Lock: Yes
- Drive Modes: Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Self-Timer: 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (Approx. Max.): Speed Priority Continuous shooting: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting: Max. 2.5fps
- No. Of Recordable Frames: Speed Priority Continuous shooting: 64 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 31 frames (RAW), 26 frames (RAW & JPEG), 24 frames (RAW (Uncompressed)), 24 frames (RAW (Uncompressed) & JPEG) Continuous shooting: 100 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 59 frames (RAW), 34 frames (RAW & JPEG), 29 frames (RAW (Uncompressed)), 28 frames (RAW (Uncompressed) & JPEG)
Playback Modes: Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 13.3x, M: 8.7x, S: 6.7x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- PC Interface: Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Multi / Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- Wireless LAN (Built-In): Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band); Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs
NFC™: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA® Sync (link menu), Photo TV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes
- Others: Auto-lock Accessory Shoe compatible with supplied shoe adaptor, Microphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K2M (sold separately)
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Custom Function Type: Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function: Yes (2 sets)
- Supplied Battery: Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (Cipa, Still Images): Approx. 310 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 370 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Cipa, Movies): Actual: Approx. 55 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard); Continuous: Approx. 95 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC adapter AC-PW20 (optional)
- Operating Temperature: 32–104°F / 0–40°C
In The Box:
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- Cable Protector
- AC Adapter AC-UUD11
- Battery Charger BC-VW1
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- Height: 2.74"
- Width: 4.69"
- Depth: 1.50"
- Unit: 20.6
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor
- 1Standard ISO range: 100-102400 for stills and movies. Expandable ISO range: 50-409600 for stills, 100-409600 for movies.
- Approximate effective megapixels.
- A class 10 or higher SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S format. UHS Speed Class 3 is also required for recording at 100 Mbps.
- In 30p (25p)/24p movie setting.
- Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With Sonnar® T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.
- Among digital still cameras. The viewfinder magnification is approx. 0.78x (with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m-1). As of September 2015 based on Sony research.
- Speed Priority Continuous mode. Focus and exposure settings fixed at first shot.
- Gamma Display Assist is not available for monitoring on external displays and television sets.
- Internal recording and HDMI output, both at 4K resolution, are available in full-frame format.
- Image will not be displayed on the camera's LCD screen when 4K signal is sent through the HDMI output.
- According to Sony internal testing, with the electronic front curtain shutter activated.
- In comparison with the α7S.
- When using a third-party mount adapter, performance, functionality, and operation are not guaranteed, and Sony assumes no responsibility if a malfunction occurs.
- Not available when B/W or Sepia mode is selected.