JL Audio Black OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Digital EQ - FIX82
OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Digital EQ. 8-ch. Inputs / 2-ch. Stereo RCA Outputs / 1 Digital Optical (Toslink) Output
The FiX™ 82 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class sound from factory audio systems, without replacing the OEM source unit. Unlike other OEM interface products, the FiX™ 82 employs an innovative calibration process that automatically synchronizes time-delayed factory outputs prior to summing and EQ restoration.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and dual 1/3 octave equalizers onboard, complex 2-way, 3-way and 4-way factory audio outputs are combined and level-matched automatically into a flat, full-range stereo signal. Differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to high-power, amplified speaker-level outputs (up to 30V RMS).
Calibration is initiated with just a single button press and takes only about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed. Output options include dual RCA jacks (4V RMS) or a digital optical (Toslink) output, supporting PCM audio (S/PDIF) 24 bit/48 kHz. Activation methods include 12-volt or automatic (Signal/DC-Offset Sensing), plus a dedicated remote turn-on output is on-hand for controlling your aftermarket equipment.
Connect the optional DRC-100 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately) to add Master Volume Control capabilities and preserve your vehicle’s handsfree calling features, if equipped, all from the driver’s seat. Clipped input signals and overall condition are also reported via the DRC-100's multi-color status LED.
Achieving great sound from your factory stereo has never been easier, or sounded better.
- Electrical Specifications
- Power Supply Type: Regulated DC-DC SMPS
- Operating Voltage: 10 – 16V DC
- Standby Mode Current Draw: < 1.5 mA
- Operating Current Draw: 0.7 A at 13.8V
- Recommended Fuse Value: 1 A
- Recommended Fuse Type: Fast-Acting, ATO/ATC or similar
- OEM Input Section
- Number of Input Channels: Eight
- Input Type: Differential-Balanced
- Input Range: 250 mV – 30V RMS
- Input Level Setting: Fully Automatic
- Input "Signal Present"
Threshold: 10 mV RMS
- Digital Specifications
- Processor: Intersil® D2Audio DAE-6
- Audio Resolution: 24 bit/48 kHz
- Number of EQ Bands: 30 x 2 channels
- EQ Resolution: 1/3 octave (25Hz – 20kHz)
- Output Section
- Number of Output Channels: Two
- Output Type:
Unbalanced, via RCA Jacks
Optical digital (S/PDIF)
- Maximum Output Voltage: 4V RMS
- Output Impedance: 450 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 96dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS output)
- THD + Noise: 0.02% at rated output (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Height: 1.85"
- Width: 4.29"
- Depth: 5.19"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor