Canon PowerShot G9X Silver 20.2 Megapixel Digital Camera - 0924C001
Impressive image quality. Stunning videos. A camera that’s slim and comfortable. The PowerShot G9 X camera is all this and more, featuring a 20.2 Megapixel*, 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, Canon’s powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor and a fast, f/2.0–4.9 lens that helps you capture inspiring images – even in low light – with detail and color to match. Whether you carry it in your hand, a bag or inside a pocket, the PowerShot G9 X can accompany you anywhere you go and is slim enough to quickly be in your grasp when opportunity knocks. Subjects in the distance become closer with a 3x Optical Zoom lens (28–84mm equivalent). Movement can be captured in stunning Full HD video, or frozen in beautiful increments with up to 6.0 fps continuous shooting. Should you find yourself gazing at the stars, switch into Star Mode and admire the view. With a convenient control ring for quick adjustments on the fly, built-in Wi-Fi®** and NFC*** for simple sharing and its appealing portability, the PowerShot G9 X is ready when you are, where you are.
- High Detail, Even in Low Light
1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
At 1.0 inch, the image sensor on the PowerShot G9 X camera is larger than the ones on most other compact cameras. This allows it to capture a greater range of light, so bright areas of the image, like clouds on a sunny day, can be more detailed and less likely to be washed or blown out. With low-light scenes, like when you’re indoors or outside at night, an ISO range of 125–12800 lets you use fast shutter speeds to help keep photos sharp and virtually unaffected by camera shake. The 20.2 Megapixel* resolution is outstandingly high, giving you the option of printing out bigger photos or cropping in to highlight the best part.
- Clear Photos in Almost Every Light
3x, f/2.0–4.9 Optical Zoom Lens (28–84mm)
The PowerShot G9 X camera has an impressive zoom lens with a remarkable optical zoom range, helping you capture wide shots like a big party scene or a gorgeous canyon, or enabling you to zoom in and get a wonderful close-up. The fast aperture goes as low as f/2.0, meaning it’s possible to see the subject and take clear photos in low light, often without a flash. Combined with Intelligent IS image stabilization, it helps to ensure virtually shake-free images, even in dark rooms or outside at night.
- Slim and Stylish
At only 7.37 ounces (209g), the PowerShot G9 X is a compact camera that’s not much bigger than a deck of cards, and can easily fit into a pocket or purse. Despite its size, it packs a large, high-quality image sensor and fast f/2.0 lens. These work together with features such as the DIGIC 6 processor to help create high quality photos, even in low light. This means you can have a camera within easy reach that’s able to deliver detailed images that show the texture of clothing fabric, the colors of a sunset or the moment a player kicks a ball at the goal.
- Intuitive User Interface
The 3.0-inch touch panel is designed to take advantage of both hands while holding the camera so you can make adjustments while still being ready to snap a photo. The menus are customizable, meaning the settings you adjust frequently are easily accessible. You’re also able to swipe quickly through photos you’ve taken, and tap the screen to easily adjust picture options and change what the camera is focusing on. In addition, the control ring around the lens can be rotated with your fingers to make adjustments to various settings, simplifying the process even further.
- Intuitive Controls
Control Ring and Touch Panel
Quick, simple adjustments are ideal when you’re trying to capture the great moments in life. The PowerShot G9 X camera uses a combination of a responsive, 3.0-inch touchscreen and a smoothly rotating control ring around the lens. Your right thumb can pick the setting you’d like to change, and then your left fingers can rotate the control ring to adjust it, all without lowering the camera or taking your finger off the shutter. For example, if you’re trying to capture a dog playing in the sun, you can quickly adjust the shutter speed with a tap of the menu and a twist of the control ring to get the amount of detail you desire, while keeping a bit of blur to show action.
- Type: Digital camera with built-in flash, 3x Optical, 4x Digital and 12x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.2 Megapixel*, 1.0-inch CMOS (sensor aspect ratio: 3:2) *Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.9 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 10.2 (W) - 30.6 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28-84mm)
- Optical Zoom: Approx. 3x
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4x
- Focusing Range
- Auto/Manual: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 1.1 ft. (35cm) - infinity (T)
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 1.1 ft. (35cm) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (5-50cm) (W)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus (Continuous, Servo AF), Manual Focus
- Optical Viewfinder: N/A
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-type TFT color liquid crystal (Vari-angle)
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 1.04 million dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.0 (W), f/4.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec. (in Auto mode)
- 30-1/2000 sec. (in Tv, M, and Manual Movie Modes)
- BULB (in M mode only)
- 1/8 minimum in Manual Movie Mode
- Auto, ISO
- 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400 (When in Auto mode)
- Max. ISO Speed 12800 (When in P mode)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
- Exposure Control Method: Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation:
- Still Images: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Day Light, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Custom1-2
- Built-in Flash: Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off * Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- Flash Range:
- 1.6 (50cm) -20 ft. (6.0m) (W), 1.6 ft. (50cm) - 7.9 ft. (2.4m) (T)
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes
- C, M, Av, Tv, P, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Creative Shot, Portrait, Star Portrait, Star Nightscape, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movie, Handheld Night Scene, Fireworks, High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Background Defocus, Soft Focus, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Standard Movie, Short Clip, Manual Movie, iFrame Movie
- Shooting movies is done with the movie button.
- Photo Effects
- My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- Self Timer
- Off, Approx. 2 sec. delay, Approx. 10 sec. delay, Custom
- Wireless Control
- Continuous Shooting
- One Shot: Approx. 6.0 shots/sec.
- Servo: Approx. 4.3 shots/sec.
Number of Recordable Images
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-I Memory Cards
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
- Image Recording Format: Superfine / Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.3 (DCF 2.0), RAW (Canon original: 14-bit, CR2)
- Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC [Stereo])
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Images:
- 1) 16:9 - Large: 5472 x 3080; Medium 1: 4320 x 2432; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 720 x 408
- 2) 3:2 - Large: 5472 x 3648, Medium 1: 4320 x 2880, Medium 2: 2304 x 1536, Small: 720 x 480
- 3) 4:3 - Large: 4864 x 3648, Medium 1: 3840 x 2880, Medium 2: 2048 x 1536, Small: 640 x 480
- 4) 1:1 - Large: 3648 x 3648; Medium 1: 2880 x 2880; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
- Full HD 1920 x 1080: 59.94 fps
- Full HD iFrame: 1920 x 1080: 29.97 fps
- Full HD Star Time-Lapse Movie: 1920 x 1080: 14.985 fps / 29.97 fps
- HD 1280 x 720: 29.97 fps
- 640 x 480: 29.97 fps
- Miniature Effect: 1280 x 720: 6 fps (5x speed) / 3 fps (10x speed) / 1.5 fps (20x speed)
- Miniature Effect: 640 x 480: 6 fps (5x speed) / 3 fps (10x speed) / 1.5 fps (20x speed)
- Short Clip: 1280 x 720: 29.97 fps
- Image data
- Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
|Medium 1 (M1)
|Medium 2 (M2)
Note: SF=Superfine F=Fine
The approximate number of images recordable on memory cards other than the above can be calculated by using the above figures as a reference and extrapolating accordingly.
Time of Recordable Movies
||Movie Size (KB/sec.)
||Approx. Total Movie Time Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
||Single Clip Approx. Recording Time*1
||Video Recording Bit Rate
||1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
||59 min. 30 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 35 Mbps
||1 hr. 26 min. 5 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 24 Mbps
||1 hr. 26 min. 5 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 24 Mbps
|1280 x 720 (HD)
||4 hr. 5 min. 15 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 8 Mbps
|640 x 480 (VGA)
||10 hr. 22 min. 35 sec.
||Approx. 3 Mbps
- *1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card.
- Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
- Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
- *2 Actual frame rate is 23.976 fps.
- Playback Modes File
- Story Highlights, Protect, Favorites, Erase, Print, Group Playback, Play Movie, List/Play Digest Movies, Image Search, Slideshow, Rotate, Play Creative Shot Movies, Short Clip Mix, i-Contrast, Resize, Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, My Colors, Face ID Info, Print Settings, Photobook Set-up, Transition Effect, Index Effect, Scroll Display, Group Images, Auto Rotate, Resume, Image Jump with Control Ring, Set Touch Actions
- Erase Modes
Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- RAW+JPEG images can be erased individually.
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Stereo
- Other: Direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Wired: USB (Micro-B), HDMI (Type D)
- Specifications: IEEE 802. 11b/g/n
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Channels: 1-11
- Security: WEP, WPA-PSK (AES/TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES-TKIP)
- Power Source
- Battery Pack NB-13L, AC Adapter Kit CA-DC10 (ACK-DC110) In-Camera Charging via USB Cable available through Compact Power Adapter CA-DC30 (Charging time: Approx. 5 hr.)** Charging time varies considerably depending on the remaining battery power.
- Shooting Capacity
- Approx. 220 shots with Screen On
- Approx. 335 shots with ECO Mode Approx. 410 shots with ECO Mode
- Playback Time: Approx. 5 hr.
What's in the Box:
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F / 0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- PowerShot G9 X Black
- Wrist Strap WS-DC12
- Battery Charger CB-2LH
- Battery Pack NB-13L
- Warranty card
- Instruction manual
- (USB Cable, SD Card and Solutions Disk Not Included)
- Height: 2.28"
- Width: 3.86"
- Depth: 1.21"
- 7.37 oz. (including battery and memory card)
- 6.53 oz. (camera body only)
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor