Pro-Ject 2Xperience SB Palisander Turntable - 2XPERIENCEPALISANDER
The 2Xperience SB is based on the 2Xperience belt-drive concept which incorporates over 20 years of turntable design experience. The addition of a precision motor controller with electronic speed change, derived from the highly regarded Speed Box yields precise speed accuracy and push button convenience. The superb 9cc Evolution carbon fiber tonearm provides superb performance especially with the factory mounted Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 cartridge, while serving as a solid foundation for future upgrades. The heavy chassis is made from MDF using a non-resonant construction technique. The mat is created from a recycled vinyl record bonded to the platter and precision machined to create an ideal turntable/record interface. A custom light-weight record clamp reduces unwanted record vibration and ensures a tight coupling of the record to the platter. The audio performance of the final product benefits from the resonance-free platter, avoiding the ringing effect of common metal and glass platters. Available in a variety of beautiful finishes, the 2Xperience SB looks as good as it sounds and with the highly regarded Blue Point No. 2 included, represents a superb value.
- Fitted Cartridge: Sumiko Blue Point No. 2
- Nominal speeds: 33, 45 rpm
- Dust cover: Yes
- Record clamp: Supplied
- RCA phono jacks: Gold plated
- Sorbothane-damped aluminum cone feet: Yes
- Tonearm: Pro-Ject 9cc EVO
- Effective Tonearm Length: 9" (230mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Supplied counterweight cartridge weight: 6 - 10g
- Optional counterweight cartridge weight: 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g, 5 - 8g
- Downforce range: 10 - 30mN
- Speed variance: ±0.5 %
- Wow and flutter: ±0.08 %
- Signal to noise: -70dB
- Power Supply: Outboard power supply
- Power Consumption: 4 watt max / < 0.5 watt standby
- Lip Open:
- Height: 18.1"
- Width: 18.5"
- Depth: 18.3"
- Lip Closed:
- Height: 6.3"
- Width: 18.1"
- Depth: 14.2"
- Platter weight/diameter: 4.4 lbs/ 11.81"
- Unit: 14.4 lbs
- Shipping: 20 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor