Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon Red Turntable - RPM1CARBONRED
Our newest offering implements a radical concept that does not compromise sound quality at an entry-level price.
RPM-1 Carbon utilizes a lot of innovations and enhancements: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. A completely new designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminum and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strengthened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price and ultra-stylish look!
- Fitted Cartridge: Sumiko Pearl
- Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 rpm
- Dust Cover: No
- Motor Completely Decoupled: Yes
- RCA Phono Jacks: Yes
- S Shaped Tonearm: Yes
- Tonearm: Pro-Ject 8.6S (carbon, aluminum armtube)
- Effective Tonearm Length: 8.6" (218.5mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 13.5g
- Overhang: 22mm
- Downforce Range: 0 - 2.5 grams
- Speed Drift:
- 33: +/- 0,27%
- 45: +/- 0,19%
- Wow & Flutter:
- 33: +/- 0,14%
- 45: +/- 0,13%
- Signal-to-Noise: - 71dB
- Power Supply: Outboard Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 1W
- Height: 4.33"
- Width: 15"
- Depth: 13.8"
- Unit: 8.4 lbs
- Shipping: 11 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor