JL Audio MX-Series Chrome 10" Marine Subwoofer Driver - 91100
MX-Series 10-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver for Infinite-Baffle Use (175 W, 4 Ω) - Chrome Sport Grille with Blue LED Illumination
With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the MX-Series infinite-baffle subwoofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure and are targeted towards moderate power applications.
Integrated into the Sport Grille's frame, the internal LED lighting assembly was meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer's cone area with a lively blue glow, adding a dramatic visual experience to your high seas journey. The grille's brilliant chrome finish, achieved through a unique multi-layer plating process, was developed through extensive testing to withstand the harsh sea environment for years to come.
The MX10IB3 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 175W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M10W5, instead.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 175 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 Ω
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 41.84 Hz
- Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.806
- Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 11.751
- Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.754
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.29 cu ft / 36.53 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.42 in / 11 mm
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**: 87.23 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 50.68 sq in / 0.0327 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.957 Ω
- * Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied
- ** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is "louder"
- Minimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.5 cu ft / 70.8 L
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes (preferred)
- Nominal Diameter: 10.0"
- Overall Diameter: 10.75"
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 8.875"
- Bolt Hole Circle: 9.706"
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter: 5.29"
- Mounting Depth: 5.12"
- Driver Displacement: 0.04 cu ft / 1.13 L
- Unit: 6.5 lbs
- Shipping: 8 lbs