Martin Logan Stage X Dark Cherry Center Speaker - STAGEXDCH
Stage X is the world's most advanced center channel speaker, incorporating a state-of-the-art XStat™ electrostatic panel, Folded Motion™ tweeter, twin 6.5-inch aluminum-cone woofers, and highly sophisticated Vojtko™ crossover.
- XStat™ Transducer & Folded Motion™ Tweeter
What really sets the Stage X apart is a innovative Folded Motion tweeter embedded directly behind the XStat electrostatic panel in a unique housing that gives the visual look of a seamless electrostatic panel. By eliminating the need for a bulky tweeter-housing mounted in front of the ESL panel, the Stage X all but eliminates high-frequency diffraction. This unique mounting system also increases mid-range/high-frequency phase coherence and time alignment while offering superior dispersion characteristics. Folded Motion tweeter technology proves an ideal match for the electrostatic transducers, providing lightning fast transient response combined with a large surface area (8-times that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) to create clear, dynamic and precise sound.
- Curvilinear Line Source Electrostatic Panel
Advanced MicroPerf stator technology dramatically increases the sound-producing area of MartinLogan's latest-generation CLS™ electrostatic transducer. This increase in effective radiating area translates to higher efficiency and an even more effortless, unlimited dynamic presentation. The XStat pulls no punches!
But there's more to it than just putting more holes in the stators, which must maintain uniform spacing in front of and behind the diaphragm to exacting tolerances. They cannot flex. Stage X firmly anchors the transducer's working elements—stators and diaphragm—around their periphery, while ClearSpar™ spacers stiffen the assembly. ClearSpars enable precise, consistent tensioning of the Vacuum Bonded diaphragm without obstructing the floating, see-through look that is the visual hallmark of MartinLogan electrostats.
In the end, a speaker cannot outperform the signal feeding it. MartinLogan's state-of-the-art transformer and electrical interface engineering ensure an absolutely transparent link from amplifier to electrostatic panel. The result is sound of unparalleled purity, precision, clarity, and openness—the next best thing to no speaker at all.
- Easy Installation & Adjustability
An easy to install, low-voltage DC power supply eliminates the need for a traditional, heavy IEC power cord and increases installation flexibility. MartinLogan's proprietary toolless binding posts make cable connection and management a breeze. Each speaker also includes a single-pivot bracket/stand that enables easy installation on a set-top, shelf, horizontally/vertically mounted to a wall (under or beside a plasma screen, for example), or resting on a floor.
- Low-Distortion Aluminum-Cone Woofers
By eliminating cone flexure, aluminum diaphragms help our advanced-technology woofers achieve the very low distortion necessary for proper blending with MartinLogan electrostatic panels.
- Advanced Vojtko Filtering
Carefully hand-built using only the finest polypropylene capacitors and air-core coils, the crossover employ's MartinLogan's proprietary Vojtko topology for vanishingly low distortion and seamless driver integration. This precision-tuned network preserves even the most microscopic sonic nuances while handling the full dynamics of any source.
- Frequency Response: 69–22,000 Hz ±3dB
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- High Frequency Transducer: One 1" x 1.4" (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer: Patented CLS™ XStat™ electrostatic transducer
- Radiating Area: 135 in2 (873 cm2)
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5" (16.5 cm) cast basket, aluminum cone with extended throw driver assembly, non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms . Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20‒500 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 450, 2700 Hz
- Components: Custom-wound toroidal audio transformer, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors
- Inputs: Custom 5-way binding posts
- Height: 9"
- Width: 34.6"
- Depth: 10.3"
- With Mounting Bracket:
- Height: 12"
- Width: 34.6"
- Depth: 10.3"
- Unit: 39 lbs
- Shipping: 42 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Years Limited