JL Audio M-Series White 12" Infinite-Baffle Marine Subwoofer Driver - M12IB6CGWH
M-Series 12-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver for Infinite-Baffle Use (600 W, 4 Ù) - White Classic Grille
Engineered as the reference standard for marine subwoofer performance, the M12IB6 is capable of producing staggering amounts of jaw-dropping bass in infinite-baffle applications.
Built to withstand real-world marine duty, this M12IB6 is designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. It boasts a monstrous 4-inch voice coil and rugged suspension system to deliver outstanding linear excursion for high output and power handling.
The M12IB6 is best used with amplifier power in the 200W – 600W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 3 cu. ft. / 84.95 l).
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 600 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 Ù
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 35.34 Hz
- Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.856
- Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 10.389
- Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.791
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.99 cu ft / 56.35 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.73 in / 18.5 mm
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**: 86.7 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 80.54 sq in / 0.052 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.543 Ù
- * Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
- ** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes (preferred)
- Min. Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 3.0 cu ft / 70.8 L
- Nominal Diameter: 10.0"
- Overall Diameter: 14"
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 12.0625"
- Bolt Hole Circle: 12.813"
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter: 8.84"
- Mounting Depth: 8.05"
- Driver Displacement: 0.153 cu ft / 4.33 L
- Unit: 23.8 lbs
- Shipping: 26 lbs