Rotel Black Stereo Preamplifier - RC1590BK
It’s all about control.
The RC-1590 stereo preamplifier has been engineered to the highest audio performance levels and provides an incredible level of control and flexibility for the user. Starting with a high performance power supply consisting of two Rotel custom built toroidal transformers for maximum efficiency and low magnetic fields, these transformers provide low-noise isolation between the analog and digital signals. They are part of a reference grade power supply consisting of individual analog and digital regulator circuits with custom-made slit-foil capacitors. Slit-foil capacitors have very quick charge/discharge times and low signal loss ensuring tight bass performance.
Rotel engineers wanted to create a reference quality stereo preamplifier to match with our new RB-1590 stereo power amplifier. Every aspect of component selection and circuit topography was designed and carefully evaluated during multiple listening sessions to ensure the highest fidelity. For example, analog and digital circuits were designed separately, by specialized Rotel teams. Analog inputs are all very low noise circuitry and include a high performance moving magnet phono stage. Digital inputs are fully isolated and feature a precision 32-bit 768kHz Digital to Analog Converter (DAC).
The RC-1590 is fully feature-laden with Balanced XLR and Unbalanced RCA inputs and outputs, a TI precision volume control IC, a fixed volume line output, dual mono subwoofer outputs, digital outputs (Coax and Optical), digital inputs (3 Coax and 3 Optical), Aux, CD, and Tuner analog inputs, internal aptX Bluetooth (supports aptX and standard Bluetooth) with rear mounted external antenna, a front USB iPod with 2.1A charging input, and rear panel PC-USB 24-bit 192kHz input supporting DSD (Windows) and DoP (MAC computers DSD over PCM).
Other essential features include a remote control, 2 x 12-volt trigger outputs, a dimmable display, an automatic power off function (configurable), RS232 and IP control for automation system integration, internet based software updates, Rotel Link connection, a detachable IEC power cord, an external IR remote input, and a front mounted 3.5mm headphone output jack.
- AKM premium 32-bit/768kHz Digital to Analog Converter
- Front panel USB for Apple iOS devices
- Bluetooth with aptX
- Dual toroidal transformers isolate the analog and digital signal paths
- Balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- Power Requirements: 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 23W
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- BTU Rating: 78 BTU/h
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) (20Hz–20kHz): <0.002%
- Frequency Response:
- Line Level Inputs: 10Hz - 100kHz ±0.1dB
- Digital Inputs: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.5dB
- Phono Input: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.2dB
- S/N Ratio (IHF "A" Weighted):
- Line Level Inputs: 112dB
- Digital Inputs: 108dB
- Phono Input: 80dB
- Input Sensitivity:
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 150mV
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 250mV
- Phono Input (MM): 2.5mV
- Input Impedance:
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 100kΩ
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 100kΩ
- Digital Inputs: 75Ω
- Phono Input (MM): 47kΩ
- Input Overload:
- Line Level Inputs: 4V
- Phono Input: 30mV
- Output Level:
- Unbalanced (RCA): 1V
- Balanced (XLR): 2V
- Channel Separation:
- Line Level Inputs: >75dB
- Phono Input: >75dB
- Tone Controls: ±10dB at 100Hz / 10kHz
- Coax/Optical Digital Input Signals: LPCM (Up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- USB Audio Class 1 (up to 24/96)
- USB Audio Class 2 (up to 24/192)
- Height: 5.7""
- Width: 17"
- Depth: 13.9"
- Front Panel: 5.25"
- Unit: 20 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs