Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 20 Megapixel Silver Digital Camera - 1093C001
Slim. Stylish. Simple.
For those wanting a simple way to capture moments with family, friends and more, the slim, stylish PowerShot ELPH 180 camera has easy-to-use features to help create photos that are as stunning as you want. The 8x Optical Zoom lets you get close to the action, while the 20.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help produce vibrant, clear images to share or print. Take more than just still images, with the ability to record movies at 720p HD. For added convenience, Smart AUTO figures out suitable settings for what you're photographing so you don't have to worry about finding a picture mode yourself. To help reduce the effects of camera shake, Digital IS helps keep blur to a minimum. On top of that, the Auto Zoom feature can automatically close in on your subject and keep it in focus for easy shooting.
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera features an 8x Optical Zoom so more shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility that the wide 28–224mm (35mm equivalent) shooting range offers. Plus, the wide-angle lens captures an expansive image in each shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images will be bright and clear.
- 20.0 Megapixel* Sensor
With the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's 20.0 Megapixels* of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 8x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution can be ideal for creating large prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity.
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by up to 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This helps significantly reduce noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
- Capture 720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 180 camera, you can shoot high-definition video when you want, where you want. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to quickly record moments in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
Getting that great shot can be as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject and analyzes them using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to help facilitate incredible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
Sometimes even the steadiest of hands can move a little, and during night photos or when zoomed in close, even a small shudder can blur a photo. Digital IS on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera analyzes the image in order to electronically remove blur and fuzzy edges, helping to ensure you get a clear picture.
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels*
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
- Focal Length: 5.0 (W) - 40.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28-224mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Auto: 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50cm) (W)
- Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not available
- LCD Monitor: 2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.2 (W), f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 100-1600
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
- Exposure Compensation: Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
- Flash Range:
- 1.6-9.8 ft. (W), 4.3-4.9 ft. (T)
- 50.0cm - 3.0m (W), 1.3-1.5m (T)
- Shooting Modes: P, Auto, Digital IS, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Self Timer: Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec. / Custom
- Continuous Shooting:
- Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec.
- Normal Continuous Shooting Low Light mode: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec.
- Storage Media:
- SD/SDHC/SDXC and Eye-Fi Memory Cards
- FlashAir compatible
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
- Image Recording Format: Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Images:
- Large: 5152 x 3864
- Medium 1 (M1): 3648 x 2736
- Medium 2 (M2): 2048 x 1536
- Medium: 2560 x 1920
- Small: 640 x 480
- Wide: 5152 x 2896
- HD 1280 x 720: 25.00 fps
- 640 x 480: 29.97 fps
Number of Recordable Images
- Image data: Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
|Medium 1 (M1)
|Medium 2 (M2)
Time of Recordable Movies
- Movie data: Total Movie Time Recordable to Memory Card
The values in the table are based on Canon measurement conditions and may change depending on the subject, memory card and camera settings.
After Low-level formatting.
| Shooting Mode
||Frame Rate/Video System
||Recording Time per 16 GB Memory Card (Approx.)
||Single Clip Recording Time (Approx.)*1
||Movie Size (KB/sec.)
||Video Recording Bit Rate
|When Movie button is pressed in
||HD (1280 x 720)
||2 hr. 21 min. 58 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 15 Mbps
|VGA (640 x 480)
||6 hr. 44 min. 38 sec.
||Approx. 3 Mbps
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card
Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
- Playback Modes File: Protect, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, i-Contrast, Resize, Red-Eye Correction, Photobook Set-up, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Hi-Speed USB (Mini-B); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-11L
- Shooting Capacity:
- Approx. 220 shots
- Approx. 300 shots in ECO Mode
- Video Recording Time: Approx. 55 min.
- Playback Time: Approx. 4 hr.
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F / 0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- PowerShot ELPH 180
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- Battery Pack NB-11L
- Battery Charger CB-2LF
- Leaflet Getting Started
- Height: 2.14"
- Width: 3.75"
- Depth: 0.87"