Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS Purple Digital Camera - 1081C001
Bold Photography Day or Night.
For the photo novice looking to save the magic moments that happen in everyday life, the stylish PowerShot ELPH 360 HS camera is slim enough to have with you when and where you need it. The 12x Optical Zoom can help capture a close-up of child’s face on stage, or a wide image of the whole play and audience. Share those memories with friends and family easily thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®* and NFC** capability.
The 20.2 Megapixel*** CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help deliver detailed images, while Intelligent IS and Optical Image Stabilizer help the images remain sharp with minimal blur. Record unforgettable movies at 1080p Full HD resolution, and see the whole image on a clear 3.0-inch LCD screen to help ensure you have the picture you want. Hybrid Auto mode captures a short video of the seconds before you capture your image. The newly added Story Highlights mode combines your images and video, then adds appropriate effects to create a short movie of the best parts of your day.
- 12x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer Helps You Capture Images With Flexibility and Ease
- The PowerShot ELPH 360 HS camera features a 12x Optical Zoom so spectacular shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility it gives you when shooting with an amazing range of 25¬–300mm (35mm equivalent) in a slim, compact camera. Plus, the wide-angle lens captures an expansive image in each shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more all benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images can be bright and clear.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC Allows for Easy Sharing and Transferring of Images and Videos
- Built-in Wi-Fi® technology helps provide on-the-go convenience when you want to share your photos and videos with friends and family. Easily post your images to social networking and media sites – Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube™, Flickr®, and Google Drive™ – through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY* directly from your PowerShot ELPH 190 IS camera, or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere.
- The camera can also connect directly to both compatible iOS®** and Android™ devices***, and upload images via the free Canon Camera Connect app** without a computer. You can control the destination of your uploads to share with everyone or to select groups, and even add comments. Wi-Fi® capability makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos and video even as events unfold.
- Wi-Fi® technology also allows you to transfer images to other Wi-Fi® equipped PowerShot cameras or print your photos directly to a PictBridge (Wireless LAN) certified printer. Thanks to the newly added Wi-Fi Button, you can now connect in both Shooting mode and Playback mode for quick and easy operation. You can even turn on the camera and connect at the same time with just one press of the button, helping you get right to sharing and managing your files when you like.
- Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) Technology for Easy Wireless Connectivity
- The PowerShot ELPH 360 HS camera supports NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for fast connectivity with a single tap. Simply touch the NFC icon on your camera to your compatible Android™ device***, and the Canon Camera Connect app** will launch automatically for quick, easy sharing of your images. Built-in NFC technology also makes it simple to install the app. If the app hasn't been installed yet, once you touch the devices together for the first time, the download screen will display automatically.
- 20.2 Megapixel* CMOS Sensor Combines With The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to Help Deliver Stunning Image Quality Even in Low Light
- The PowerShot ELPH 360 HS camera employs a 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which helps to deliver outstanding imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also designed to capture photos quickly and is capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling fast continuous shooting and autofocus.
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.2 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
*Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels
- Effective Pixels :
- Approx. 20.2 Megapixels*
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
- Focal Length: 4.5 (W) - 54.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 25-300mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1.0m) - infinity (T)
- Auto: 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1.0m) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50cm) (W)
- Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not available
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
- LCD Pixels:
- Approx. 461,000 dots LCD Coverage
- Approx. 100%
Aperature and Shutter
- Maximum Aperature: f/3.6 (W), f/7.0 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 80-3200
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
- Exposure Compensation: Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
- Flash Range:
- 1.6-13.0 ft. (W), 3.3-6.6 ft. (T)
- 50.0cm - 4.0m (W), 1.0-2.0m (T)
- Shooting Modes: P, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Creative Shot, Portrait, Smile, Wink Self-Timer, Face Self-Timer, High-Speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Photo Effects: My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- Self Timer: Off / 2 Sec. / 10 Sec. / Custom
- Wireless Control: Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC
- Continuous Shooting:
- Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 2.5 shots/sec.
- Normal Continuous High-speed Burst mode: Approx. 7.2 shots/sec.
- Under lighting conditions where flash does not fire automatically.
- Excluding RAW and RAW+JPEG.
- Until memory card becomes full.
- Storage Media :SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
- Image Recording Format: Superfine / Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Monaural))
- Numer of Recording Pixels:
- Still Images:
- 16:9 - Large: 5184 x 2912; Medium 1: 3648 x 2048; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
- 3:2 - Large: 5184 x 3456; Medium 1: 3648 x 2432; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
- 4:3 - Large: 5184 x 3888; Medium 1: 3648 x 2736; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Medium: 2592 x 1944; Small: 640 x 480
- 1:1 - Large: 3888 x 3888; Medium 1: 2736 x 2736; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
- Full HD 1920 x 1280: 29.97 fps
- HD 1280 x 720: 29.97 fps
- 640 x 480: 29.97 fps
Number of Recordable Images
- Image Data: Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
|Medium 1 (M1)
|Medium 2 (M2)
Time of Recordable Movies
- Movie Data: Total Movie Time Recordable
- The values in the table are based on Canon measurement conditions and may change depending on the subject, memory card and camera settings.
- After Low-level formatting..
||Frame Rate/Video System
||Recording Time per 16 GB Memory Card (Approx.)
||Single Clip Recording Time (Approx.)*1
||Movie Size (KB/sec.)
||Video Recording Bit Rate
|When Movie button is pressed in Auto
(1920 x 1080)
||1 hr. 8 min. 34 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 30 Mbps
(1280 x 720)
||3 hr. 58 min. 1 sec.
||29 min. 59 sec.
||Approx. 8 Mbps
|VGA (640 x 480)
||8 hr. 25 min.
||Approx. 3 Mbps
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card.
• Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
• Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
- Playback Modes File:
- List/Play Digest Movies, Favorites, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, Album Playback, i-Contrast, Resize, Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, My Colors, Photobook Set-up, Scroll Display, Group Images, Auto Rotate, Resume, Transition Effect
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Hi-Speed USB (Mini-B), HDMI (Type D); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo
- Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-11LH
- Shooting Capacity:
- Approx. 180 shots
- Approx. 265 shots in ECO Mode
- Video Recording Time: Approx. 40 min.
- Playback Time: Approx. 4 hr.
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F / 0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- Battery Pack NB-11L
- Battery Charger CB-2LF
- Leaflet Getting Started
- Width: 3.92"
- Height: 2.28"
- Depth: 0.90"
* Compatible with iOS versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1.
*** Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.