Nikon Coolpix A900 20.0 Megapixel Silver Digital Camera - 26505
Pack Light. Go Big.
Think you have to give up great photos and videos to travel light? Think again. The versatile COOLPIX A900 isn't much larger than a smartphone, yet it has a super telephoto NIKKOR glass lens with Lens Shift Vibration Reduction (VR), takes beautiful 20 megapixel photos and 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) videos—even in low light—and is always connected to a compatible smartphone through Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) technology for instant sharing and remote control. Tilt the high resolution screen and find unique new angles, add creative effects with ease and zoom in with 70x Dynamic Fine Zoom! Bring home more than memories; bring photos and videos that will last a lifetime.t
- Longest Slim Zoom COOLPIX camera: 35x optical zoom/70x Dynamic Fine Zoom with a super telephoto NIKKOR glass lens
- 20 MP low-light CMOS image sensor for brilliant photo and video quality
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) maintain a constant connection with a compatible smartphone or tablet
- 4K Ultra HD video recording and powerful movie features
- PSAM mode dial for maximum image control
- Small size, big versatility: Super telephot zoom and brilliant image quality
Pull the COOLPIX A900 out of a pocket or purse and capture distant subjects in staggering detail. Its super telephoto NIKKOR glass lens has the most zoom power of any COOLPIX Slim Zoom camera—35x optical zoom and a whopping 70x Dynamic Fine Zoom (an enhanced digital zoom that effectively doubles the reach)—and its 20 MP backside illuminated image sensor produces brilliant image quality in nearly any light.
- Always Connected: Unleash New Possibilities with a Compatible Smartphone
Install Nikon's new Snapbridge app on a compatible smartphone or tablet* and unlock exciting new capabilities with the COOLPIX A900. Built-in Wi-Fi®, NFC and Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) maintain a constant connection between the app and your camera, so each shot you take automatically transfers to your smartphone or tablet for sharing, editing with photo apps or uploading to your favorite sites. You can even use the SnapBridge app to control your camera remotely!
- Enjoy the View: Tilting 3.0-inch 921,000-dot LCD
The COOLPIX A900's large, tilting LCD makes it easy to compose your shots and monitor your video recording. You can also use it to find exciting new shooting angles. Reviewing and sharing your creations is a pleasure, too—every shot looks fantastic on the display.
- Take control of your shots: Full manual exposure control
The COOLPIX A900 can go as far as you want to go. For advanced shooters, a PSAM mode dial is available right on top of the camera, much like a DSLR. Control the COOLPIX A900's aperture and shutter speed to shape your shots exactly as you want them or overcome difficult shooting situations. But you don't have to understand exposure controls to get great results—the COOLPIX A900 can do all that work for you.
- Ultra impressive videos: 4K Ultra HD (UHD) videos with stereo sound:
Capture sights and sounds in the awe-inspiring resolution of 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160/30p). Face-priority AF keeps focus where you want it, and 5-Axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction (VR) keeps videos tripod-steady. Record up to 4GB or 29 minutes worth of video with the touch of a button, and save still images during recording or playback. Quickly and easily delete unwanted footage right in the camera, or transform a video into a thrilling fast-motion sequence with the new Superlapse Movie feature, great for first-person perspectives, sports moments, video tours and more.
- Turn the ordinary into extraordinary: Creative Mode lets you add an element of fun to your shots
Creative Mode makes it easy to create artistic photos and videos, right in the camera. Capture fireworks like never before with Multiple Exposure Lighten, which combines multiple shots into one amazing image. Turn a sequence of action into a fast-paced video with Superlapse and much more.
- Use a smartphone to control the camera
With the Snapbridge app, a compatible smartphone or tablet can act as a remote monitor for the COOLPIX A900. See what the camera sees and take pictures—great for selfies and group shots that actually include you!
- Change it up
Wondering how that photo would look in black & white? As an artistic illustration? Easily preview a selection of fun Quick Effects on photos you’ve already taken, then save your favorites alongside the original.
- Intelligent autofocus
It's frustrating when a smartphone camera focuses on the wrong thing. With the COOLPIX A900, Target Finding AF quickly determines your intended subject and puts the focus where it belongs—on your subject.
- Show Off Your Creativity
Easily create artistic high-impact photos with the new Creative Mode. Select from five professionally developed presets that combine options like aperture, contrast and color reproduction for stunning results. Preview the effects before you shoot or capture one image all five ways and pick your favorite.
- Wi-Fi Compatibility
This camera's built-in Wi-Fi® capability can only be used with a compatible iPhone®, iPad®, and/or iPod touch® or smart devices running on the Android™ operating system. The Nikon SnapBridge application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
The SnapBridge app is not yet available. As soon as it is available, links will be posted on this page.
- Type: Compact Digital Camera
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels): 20.0 million
- Image Sensor: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 1 / 2.3 in.
- Total Pixels: 21.14 million (approx.)
- Image Size (pixels): 5184 x 3888 (20M)
- Lens: 35x optical Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens
- Lens Focal Length: 4.3-135mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 24–840 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Lens f/-number: f/3.4-6.9
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups (4 ED lens elements)
- Lens Zoom: 35x
- Digital Zoom: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 3,360mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction:
- Lens-shift VR
- Electronic VR
- Aperture: Electromagnetic 3-blade iris diaphragm
- Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect AF
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-Area Selection:
- Face priority
- Manual with 99 focus areas
- Subject tracking
- Target Finding AF
- Focus Range:
- [W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity
- [T]: Approx. 6 ft. 7 in. (2 m.) to infinity
- Macro mode: Approx. 0.4 in. (1 cm) (wide-angle position) (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)
- Focus Lock: Yes
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type:
- TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating
- 6-level brightness adjustment
- Tilting TFT LCD
- Monitor Resolution: 921,000 -dots
- Monitor Frame Coverage (shooting mode):
- 98% horizontal (Approx.)
- 98% vertical (Approx.)
*(compared to actual picture)
- Monitor Frame Coverage (playback mode):
- 100% horizontal (Approx.)
- 100% vertical (Approx.)
*(compared to actual picture)
- Storage Media:
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- SDXC memory card
- Internal Memory: Approx. 20 MB
- Storage File System:
- Storage File Formats:
- Still pictures: JPEG
- Movies: MP4 (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC stereo)
- 4K UHD 3,840x2,160/ 30p
- 4K UHD 3,840x2,160/ 25p
- Full HD: 1920x1080/ 60p
- Full HD: 1920x1080/ 50p
- Full HD: 1920x1080/ 30p
- Full HD: 1920x1080/ 25p
- HD: 1280x720/ 50p
- HD: 1280x720/ 30p
- HD: 1280x720/ 25p
- HS 1920x1080/ 15p
- HS 640x480/ 120p
- ISO Sensitivity:
- ISO 80 - 1600
- ISO 3200 (available when using P, S, A or M mode)
- Lowest ISO Sensitivity: 80
- Highest ISO Sensitivity: 3200
- Exposure Metering:
- Exposure Control:
- Programmed auto exposure with flexible program
- aperture-priority auto
- exposure bracketing
- shutter priority auto
- Exposure compensation (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Exposure Modes:
- Creative Mode
- Scene Auto Selector
- Smart Portrait
- Scene Modes:
- Close Up
- Easy Panorama
- Fireworks Show
- Multiple Exposure Lighten
- Night Landscape
- Pet Portrait
- Scene Auto Selector
- Superlapse Movie
- In-Camera Image Editing:
- Glamour Retouch
- Quick Retouch
- Red-eye Correction
- Small Picture
- Exposure Compensation: ± 2 EV in steps of 1/3
- White Balance:
- White Balance Preset
- Shutter: Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed:
- 1/2000-1 sec.
- 1/2000 - 8 sec. (when ISO sensitivity is fixed at ISO 80, 100, or 200 in P, S, A, and M mode)
- 1/4000 sec. (maximum speed during high-speed continuous shooting)
- 4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
- 25 sec. (Star trails in Multiple Exposure Lighten Scene Mode)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at Full Resolution:
Up to 7 shots at
approx. 7 frames per second
- Continuous Shooting Options:
- Continuous H
- Continuous H 60
- Continuous H 120
- Continuous L
- Pre-shooting cache
- Self-Timer: Can be selected from 10, 2 and 5 seconds duration (self-portrait timer)
- Built-In Flash Range (approx.) (ISO Sensitivity:Auto):
- [W]: 0.5 to 6.0m (1 ft. 8 in. to 19 ft.)
- [T] 1.5 to 3.0m
- Built-In Flash Control: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Built-In Flash: Yes
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Interface Data Transfer Protocol:
- Video Output: HDMI
- HDMI Output: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- I/O Terminal: Digital I/O (USB)
- Wi-Fi Functionality: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Supported Languages:
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- Portugese (European and Brazilian)
- Power Sources: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied)
- Battery/Batteries: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12
- Charging Time: 2 hours 20 minutes when using EH-73P/EH-73PCH Charging AC Adapter and when no charge remains (Approx.)
- Battery Life (shots per charge):
- Still pictures*: Approx. 270 shots
- Movie: Approx. 50 min (1080/30p)
*Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(-/+2)°C (73(-/+4)°F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot, image quality set to Normal, image size set to 5184 x 3888 (20M). Battery life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed.
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Operating Environment:
- Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
- Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Width: 4.5"
- Height: 2.7"
- Depth: 1.6"
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo are registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- All Nikon trademarks are trademarks of Nikon Corporation.
- Dynamic Fine Zoom magnification is calculated from the full-wide end of optical zoom.
- This camera's built in NFC function can only be used with smart devices running on the Android™ operating system version 4.0 or later. The Nikon SnapBridge application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
The N Mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation and its Affiliates is under license.