Fridge & Freezer Recycling
Old refrigerators and freezers can consume as much as four times more energy than newer models and could be costing you up to $150 a year in electricity. Let us recycle your old, working fridge or freezer, and we'll give you $50.
Or call 1-855-433-2700 during regular hours:
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday
ComEd will pick up your old, working fridge or freezer for FREE, recycle it in an environmentally responsible way, plus send you $50. Recycle a working room air conditioner at the same time and get $10 more.
- FREE pickup.
- Get $50 for each working refrigerator and freezer (limit 2).
- Dismantling, recycling and disposal of all parts in an environmentally responsible way to reduce the amount of landfill waste.
- FREE pickup plus get an additional $10 for a working room air conditioner when you schedule a refrigerator or freezer pickup.
- You must be a ComEd residential delivery service customer, you must own the unit(s) being recycled and the unit(s) must be located at the address with the qualifying account.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet (interior) in size, empty, defrosted and working at the time of pickup.
- Unit(s) must be accessible with a clear and safe path for removal. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
- For more information, view the Fridge & Freezer Recycling FAQs.
We understand that you may want to find another way to get rid of your old appliance. Some options for you to consider are to contact the local waste management company for your area, or to contact a private garbage hauler or scrap metal dealer for assistance.