Save money by recycling your second fridge
Recycle your old fridge and receive $50! It could also help you
save up to $150 a year in electricity. Make
your appointment today.
You can also call 1-888-806-2273 between 7am-8pm M-F and 9am-5pm Saturday.
Let ComEd recycle your old, working fridge in an environmentally responsible
way. We will haul away that old energy hog for FREE and give you
$50. Well take working freezer and room air conditioners
- Offer is available to ComEd residential customers only.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size,
empty and working at the time of pick-up, and accessible with a clear
and safe path for removal.
- The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or
modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
Old fridges and freezers can consume as much as five times more energy
than newer models. If youre seeking ways to save money and
want to protect the environment why not have ComEd pickup your
old, working appliances?
- Pickup is FREE
- Youll get $50 per appliance (limit 2)
- Well dispose of them responsiblydismantling them and recycling
their parts in an environmentally responsible way.
- Well even take working room air conditioners when you schedule
a refrigerator or freezer pickup.
ComEd and JACO Environmental have teamed up to offer this unique program
designed to save energy and help the environment. You must be a ComEd
residential delivery services customer, and your refrigerator or freezer
- Between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size
- Empty and working at the time of pick-up
- Accessible with a clear and safe path of removal. The removal team
will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g.
remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
*Important - you are not eligible for the rebate if you are not a
Click here to see all the Refrigerators
available at Abt.
Program funding is limited. Participation will be on a first-come,
first-served basis until funds are exhausted.