Musical Fidelity V90-LPS Phono Stage Preamplifier - V90-LPS
The V90-LPS is a Phono Stage with outstanding sound quality at a highly affordable price.
The V90-LPS is a modestly priced, very high performance MM/MC phono stage with superb technical performance.
The V90-LPS has extremely accurate RIAA correction and that extends up to 80 kHz and beyond. That may sound extreme, but there is a good deal of information above 20 kHz that needs correction. If it isn’t corrected, it will show itself as ringing and overshoot.
The V90-LPS’s distortion is very low. Noise ratio is extremely low and all but inaudible.
Overload margin is easily adequate for any current cartridge.
All in all, the V90-LPS accomplishes everything necessary for a phono stage.
There are many phono stages that are far more expensive and make extraordinary claims for their performance. In contrast, the modest V90-LPS just gets on with the job of doing everything you could reasonably expect from a phono stage.
If you want top notch performance, and don’t care about the alleged conferred status of buying a high-priced product that offers no better performance than the V90-LPS, then we are of a like mind.
- Switchable MM / MC input
- Extremely accurate RIAA extending out to at least 60kHz
- Very low noise (virtually inaudible)
- Very low distortion
- Excellent overload margin
- Excellent channel separation
- Beautiful, considered build quality
- Input impedance: 47kOhm (MM), 100Ohm (MC)
- Input sensitivity: 3.0mV (MM), 400μV (MC) - for 300mV out
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% (MM/MC) - @ 1kHz, 300mV out
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / Noise ratio (A weighted): >80dB (MM), >70dB (MC)
- Input overload margin: 15dB (MM), 22dB (MC)
- RIAA response: +/- 0.25dB
- MM: 1 pair RCA sockets
- MC: 1 pair RCA sockets
- 1x 12v 500mA DC power supply
- Height: 1.85"
- Width: 6.7"
- Length: 4.01"
- Unit: 1.32 lbs
- Shipping: 2.43 lbs
California customers: Proposition 65 WARNING - learn more